• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump places restrictions on individual tourism to Cuba to roll back Obama policy

Jinroh

If I were Cuba I'd totally offer the Russians to have a naval base over there to screw with Trump.

This piece of shit and his dealings with Saudi Arabia while imposing new sanctions on Cuba, that's hypocrisy at its finest.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lmao this guy talking. How can people stand it.

Shit makes me scratch my head so hard

Tovarisc

My twitter feed is usually lit during Trumps speeches as people rip it for parts and analyze it on the fly.

Now it's just silent.

Oh man, this is the cringiest Trump speech yet. Between the violin and the USA USA and his bizarre speech, Christ. What the hell was that?

He mentioned his birthday and now they're singing oh my god hahahahahaha

If I were Cuba I'd totally offer the Russians to have a naval base over there to screw with Trump.

This piece of shit and his dealings with Saudi Arabia while imposing new sanctions on Cuba, that's hypocrisy at its finest.

How would that screw with him? I'm sure he'd welcome that shit to be closer to his good buddy Vlad.

tenor.gif

Everyone who voted for this guy needs to get a sign that says "stupid as a pile of rocks" permanently attached to their person until they go in the ground. Fuck Trump and his drooling lackeys.

Barzul

Honestly this shit is frustrating. Only Cuban Americans in Florida really care about what is happening in Cuba. Like this isn't the 1950's.

RinsFury

Everyone who voted for this guy needs to get a sign that says "stupid as a pile of rocks" permanently attached to their person until they go in the ground. Fuck Trump and his drooling lackeys.

They are all complicit in electing a criminal regime, they are far worse than stupid. Varying shades of evil, more like it.

conpfreak

So what's the point of this again? I thought we had this conversation last year, and the general public consensus that an embargo was not the way forward. This isn't even a win, this is stupid and not constructive.

So what's the point of this again? I thought we had this conversation last year, and the general public consensus that an embargo was not the way forward. This isn't even a win, this is stupid and not constructive.

Whitewashing the legacy of a black man... because you know, black.

Avixph

It's a win for Russia.

Dyle

What a shame. A number of professors at my university, across Spanish, history, and music departments, set up a program that involved students visiting Cuba, working with local musicians, and studying the role of percussion in the country's culture and history. It produced a lot of good work, good music, and introduced many people to the country. I guess that this will put an end to that for at least the next couple years

Catch the batshit insanity here (3:55 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gRQwRV-iw

One of the most abjectly stupid things you are likely to hear this year.

A little bit before this he makes clear what these right wingers really care about

"Why don't they let American Businesses in"

Its all about forcing Cubans to accept american mega corporations runing free of governmental regulations. Its imperialism.

Cuba as a lot of issues with their government, its horrible. But all these right wingers care about is the ability for THEM to make a profit. Not the Cuban people's political freedom.

The most hilarious thing is Obama's policies that they're rolling back would actually further their goal more than this will (which could backfire)

Honestly this shit is frustrating. Only Cuban Americans in Florida really care about what is happening in Cuba. Like this isn't the 1950's.

Most Cuban Americans in florida don't care either. Only the old cubans do.

blackjaw

Prevent America from being a leader in the world, cause worldwide strife, show a power vacuum and set up another country (hint Russia) to look like a more stable world power than they actually are.

A world where America is unstable and not able to be relied upon means someone has to fill that gap.

Oh and also fuck over Obamas legacy because you know, reasons.

A little bit before this he makes clear what these right wingers really care about

"Why don't they let American Businesses in"

Its all about forcing Cubans to accept american mega corporations runing free of governmental regulations. Its imperialism.

Cuba as a lot of issues with their government, its horrible. But all these right wingers care about is the ability for THEM to make a profit. Not the Cuban people's political freedom.

Is it a coincidence that Trump is doing this right after Cuba legalized small and medium sized private business?

I'm going to guess no.

Top Bottom