• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

Megasoum

Banned
I'm almost 100% sure you can only get them online. I remember there being an issue with Australia but I don't know if it was just about distribution.

Yeah afaik Australia (and maybe Japan??) is the only country where the Fanatec wheels are available at retail (I bet they are a bitch to find too!).

In Brazil i can´t find them even online. There are a few used ones selling for over 1000 dollars on our ebay, which is absurd. I could try to buy some bundle once i travel to the US, but wheels are a pain to bring in with your luggage. I´ve done it with the G25 and it was a pain to do it.

I saw the box for the T500RS at Fry´s when i visited Seattle and it´s a huuuuuge wheel. It´s very hard for me to upgrade, that´s why i´m expecting the whole Logitech situation to be solved.

I know i´m not the only one in this situation, in many places Logitech is still the way to go. It´s relatively cheap, good and comes with everything you need (Wheel, pedals, shifter). Many friends in the sim community here in Brazil are still buying brand new G27 wheels. It´s the top seller according to a local retailer. I thought they were not producing it anymore, but somehow it just keeps selling it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Retweet if you want:

@GAF_iOS_scores

"@slightlymadteam Not sure if you guys have fully realized how crucial G25/27 wheels PS4 support is for #projectcars to build a fanbase there"

Megasoum

Banned
Retweet if you want:

@GAF_iOS_scores

"@slightlymadteam Not sure if you guys have fully realized how crucial G25/27 wheels PS4 support is for #projectcars to build a fanbase there"

Believe me... SMS already knows that people want Logitech support. They want it too but it's out of their hands.

If you want to bug somebody on twitter about it go to the Logitech Gaming Twitter account instead.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Believe me... SMS already knows that people want Logitech support. They want it too but it's out of their hands.

If you want to bug somebody on twitter about it go to the Logitech Gaming Twitter account instead.

Seconded.

I'm not "bugging" anyone. Of course SMS knows, it's a way to get more answers on the matter and It just serves to keep spreading awareness piggybacking the racer which is closest to release and now featured prominently on websites etc. so that it might make it into a feature article or two.
That's how marketing works, you always try to firestart a domino effect.

Again, the intent is anything but harassment or wishing PCars anything but success.
If you want to push the Logitech's peripherals lack of support problem on front stage then that's at the moment the only way possible.

Logitech doesn't care about it, they've stated it jn more than an occasion, since they don't have a vested interest in it.
Devs and Sony needs to be proactive in order to get the community behind them, it's what the Skullgirls guys did and now MKX, SFV and probably others are reaping the benefits of that proactive attitude.

If you care about your Logitech wheels maybe it's not a bad idea to write your own tweet or retweet that one, if you don't agree with it or are ok with the current situation then just stand still.

With the Immersion's patent on the expire date there's nothing but willingness and resources to prevent devs to write a compatible 3rd party driver to apply on game to game basis and especially Sony to allow those peripherals to work in legacy mode.

Metfanant

Took one for the team and got the M4 converter. Here's a video of the initial tests I did today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Opfg6vqIR8

Wow, that was brutal...I'm mainly looking for something to make my T500 function on the Xbone for Forza...

- I'm willing to deal with the lack of force feedback and just getting "rumble" instead..

- I'm willing to deal with no functionality in menus, or having to use the controller for things as long as the wheel and pedals function right on the track...

But for that cost, and performance I'd rather just save up for a different wheel, or just bite the bullet and play with a controller

Wow, that was brutal...I'm mainly looking for something to make my T500 function on the Xbone for Forza...

- I'm willing to deal with the lack of force feedback and just getting "rumble" instead..

- I'm willing to deal with no functionality in menus, or having to use the controller for things as long as the wheel and pedals function right on the track...

But for that cost, and performance I'd rather just save up for a different wheel, or just bite the bullet and play with a controller

I really wonder if the windows 10 streaming would be the answer. Because it would be kind of crazy for them to force you to use a xb1 controller while playing on PC, but I could see it happening also. We shall see soon enough.

I'm not "bugging" anyone. Of course SMS knows, it's a way to get more answers on the matter and It just serves to keep spreading awareness piggybacking the racer which is closest to release and now featured prominently on websites etc. so that it might make it into a feature article or two.
That's how marketing works, you always try to firestart a domino effect.

Again, the intent is anything but harassment or wishing PCars anything but success.
If you want to push the Logitech's peripherals lack of support problem on front stage then that's at the moment the only way possible.

Logitech doesn't care about it, they've stated it jn more than an occasion, since they don't have a vested interest in it.
Devs and Sony needs to be proactive in order to get the community behind them, it's what the Skullgirls guys did and now MKX, SFV and probably others are reaping the benefits of that proactive attitude.

If you care about your Logitech wheels maybe it's not a bad idea to write your own tweet or retweet that one, if you don't agree with it or are ok with the current situation then just stand still.

With the Immersion's patent on the expire date there's nothing but willingness and resources to prevent devs to write a compatible 3rd party driver to apply on game to game basis and especially Sony to allow those peripherals to work in legacy mode.

According to Thomas from Fanatec the devs didn't write the drivers, Fanatec did.

On PS3 and PS4 there is no generic wheel support within the operating system like it is on Xbox 360 or One.

On PS every game needs to integrate special drivers to make a peripheral work. But it is not difficult to implement those drivers. The challenge for us was to develop those drivers. We now gave the drivers to the game developers and you can expect more compatible games in future

Jilt

Why is it out of their hands?

amar212

According to Thomas from Fanatec the devs didn't write the drivers, Fanatec did.

Yeah, that one will be very intresting.

It was significant bit once we learned Fanatecs will not use emulation "PS3/G25/27" mode for PS4. It is now clear how Fanatecs will run in their own default PC mode, which is amazing news IMO

I simply can't wait to try PCARS on PS4, despite I will have to give more of my money to Namco for that and I am still bitter beyond imaginable.

Because Logitech needs to come to an agreement with Sony.

If you go off what fanatec just said its more on Logitech making the drivers since there is no default wheel support on the playstation 4 OS. Which brings us back to the fact that Logitech isn't making wheels right now, so from a financial point of view it makes no sense for them to put in the work to get their products running on PS4 since there is no future revenue stream. That might change because there was a rumor of a new wheel from them last year, but it was nothing concrete.

_machine

Why is it out of their hands?
Developers can't write FFB supported drivers on either platform (which is why some games can support wheels or arcade sticks, but FFB can't be supported), it requires the platform holders to make the support.

Its funny that Thomas warned about a situation like this happening where wheel support varies from game to game. Imagine the cluster fuck if GT 7 doesn't want to support the Fanatec drivers for some crazy reason. How likely is that to happen......probably 1% but even that small chance is nuts.

I wonder if Fanatec is going to make officially supported wheels now because like the t500 they won't work outside of the game. It would be odd if there was only 1 fully supported wheel (t300) this generation.

Jilt

Because Logitech needs to come to an agreement with Sony.

I do not agree.
Logitech needs to deliver drivers. According to these tweets, they are keeping this option open and nothing is said about not supporting drivers for the PS4. They are even hinting and teasing in the tweets. You can read it anyway you want, I like to be positive.

Therefore I think drivers will be available in due time:

https://twitter.com/LogitechG/status/365489119171850241

https://twitter.com/LogitechG/status/345223540850688000

I do not agree.
Logitech needs to deliver drivers. According to these tweets, they are keeping this option open and nothing is said about not supporting drivers for the PS4. They are even hinting and teasing in the tweets. You can read it anyway you want, I like to be positive.

Those tweets aren´t from 2013?.
We should ask John "Cowboy" Bellomy (the Naughty Dog developer who made the PS3 sticks driver for PS4) to be even kinder and make us the logitech PS4 drivers...

I do not agree.

Unfotunately, there's no info we can share on PS4 compatibility at this moment, but I can confirm our stuff is awesome

Uhhhhhhhh......

_machine

We should ask John "Cowboy" Bellomy (the Naughty Dog developer who made the PS3 sticks driver for PS4) to be even kinder and make us the logitech PS4 drivers...
Developers can't write drivers that support FFB thus making it impossible to officially support those devices without the platform holders and wheel manufacturers working it out first.

Jilt

Those tweets aren´t from 2013?.

Uhhhhhhhh......

To make it more clear, the drivers should already be available:

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-amp-Driving-Force-GT-Firmware-Update-for-PS4/m-p/1302143/highlight/true#M19948

original

I think you need to realize that they are not telling the truth.

1st they said you need a security chip, which Thrustmaster proved to be false.

Now they claim that they have drivers that work with the PS4, so fanatec went about creating new drivers for shits any giggles?

Jilt

I think you need to realize that they are not telling the truth.

1st they said you need a security chip, which Thrustmaster proved to be false.

Now they claim that they have drivers that work with the PS4, so fanatec went about creating new drivers for shits any giggles?

In the world of marketing there are only shades of truth, just the way you want it to tell.
It doen not really matter, it's about the bigger picture.
Fanatec also said it is up to Sony to allow USB devices to their PS4.
Logitech has drivers ready, I read this beofre somewhere, but am not able to find it.
The reasons given for not functioning anything else have gone to exist with Fanatec being allowed in the PS4 SMS circle of love.
They probably paid a lot of money, because of the big release on that.
Logitech is nog paying, so probably at release there is going to be a small notification that Logitech is being supported aswell.

Nothing stands in the way of support for Logitech.
Nothing that I can find anyway.

Jilt

LOL, So the Fanatec deal is something we have to pay for now!

Prices have gone up dramatically...
Wheelbase V2, 700,- euro's
Porsche wheel 500,- euro's

OMG!!

paskowitz

OMG!!

On the US site it says $600 for the V2 base and $400 for the 918 rim, same as it has always been. That sucks...

Ah... https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/154/price-increase-in-europe

This is a post which is rather less fun for me but we cannot avoid it.

Due to the questionable strategy of the European Zentral Bank, the excheange rate Euro / USD has massively dropped in the past months. The target of the EZB is to increase Inflation and it seems that they are succesful with that attempt as all good made in the far east usually have to be paid in USD and therefore those products are now seeing a massive price increase.

We absorbed this price increase in the past months but we cannot do that anymore and therefore we had to increase all our European prices between 20 to 30%. We just hope that the Euro will not continue to drop and we can keep at least this Level.

And before everybody starts to complain why our Prices are more expensive in the Euro webshop than the prices you see in the US Webshop I would like to remind you that EU prices will always be about 30% more expensive in comparison to the US.

The reason is that the prices in the EU shop include VAT and this makes about 20% alone. The US Webshop prices do not include VAT or sales tax.

The other 10% are becuase of various reasons like higher logistic costs, localisation, more strict environmental rules and a 2 year warranty instead of 1 year in the US. All those little extras don't come for free and this is the reason why almost every product in any category is more expensive in Europe than in the US.

I hope you will still stay with us and understand the situation. Thank you.

OMG!!

Same price they have always been.

Im sure you could find the older wheels cheaper online. The clubsport is the top of the line for them.

Edit: 20 - 30% increase is a pretty penny, but if cost is an issue the older wheels still work on ps4.
http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels/porsche-911-gt3-rs-v2-wheel-eu.html

kizito

Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a driving wheel with force feedback. So my primary option would be a driving wheel compatible with PS4-PC-Xbox One. around 150 € or less.
If that's not possible, a wheel for PS4-PC would be enough, still at 150€ or less, any recommendations ? I admit it's quite difficult to understand which ones are compatible with which consoles. I was thinking about getting a Thrustmaster T100 as I read it was compatible with both PC-PS4 and quite cheap.

[Edit] Self answer : apart from Clubsport bases, I don't see any affordable wheel with both One/PS4 compatibility, I will settle for the Thrustmaster T100, which can be found for 70 euros. Plan is to play DriveClub (PS4) and Project Cars (PC).

Picklock

Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a driving wheel with force feedback. So my primary option would be a driving wheel compatible with PS4-PC-Xbox One. around 150 € or less.
If that's not possible, a wheel for PS4-PC would be enough, still at 150€ or less, any recommendations ? I admit it's quite difficult to understand which ones are compatible with which consoles. I was thinking about getting a Thrustmaster T100 as I read it was compatible with both PC-PS4 and quite cheap.

[Edit] Self answer : apart from Clubsport bases, I don't see any affordable wheel with both One/PS4 compatibility, I will settle for the Thrustmaster T100, which can be found for 70 euros. Plan is to play DriveClub (PS4) and Project Cars (PC).

T100 is a waste of money, imo. I would rather just play with the gamepad at that point. Atleast the X1 controller has haptic feedback, which is quite helpful. DS4 is ok i guess.

If you don't mind feeling like there is a toy built for an 8 year old in your hands, I'd say go for the T100. Otherwise, you might want to check out some of the older Fanatec wheels, they are PC, PS3/4, and some with 360 support also.

This aint too bad a deal right here. This one will work on Pcars for PS4 currently, and likely more future racing titles on PS4 also as they stated they are giving out the drivers to any devs that want them, poosibly Driveclub in the near future?

Good luck!

Metfanant

just sitting here hoping against hope that somebody can make a viable solution for allowing my T500 to function on an Xbone...ill be happy at that point...

kizito

T100 is a waste of money, imo. I would rather just play with the gamepad at that point. Atleast the X1 controller has haptic feedback, which is quite helpful. DS4 is ok i guess.

If you don't mind feeling like there is a toy built for an 8 year old in your hands, I'd say go for the T100. Otherwise, you might want to check out some of the older Fanatec wheels, they are PC, PS3/4, and some with 360 support also.

This aint too bad a deal right here. This one will work on Pcars for PS4 currently, and likely more future racing titles on PS4 also as they stated they are giving out the drivers to any devs that want them, poosibly Driveclub in the near future?

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice !
Unfortunately the Fanatec CSR is very hard to find here in Belgium, even online, for a decent price. Also, I enjoyed the official Xbox 360 wheel, so I guess the T100 could be worth a try as I found it on Amazon for little money in perfect state. It arrives tomorrow, so I will know if it's enough for me or not :)

Zeknurn

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/156/real-race-car-steering-wheel-rims-on-xbox-one

Fanatec XB1 adapter announced

$299 for the adapter
$399 for the adapter and a wheel rim

Not including the $599 for the v2 base

which together would take you to $1000........but you might need some pedals if you didn't have some old Fanatec pedals lying around.

they say cheaper options are coming, and I would hope so.

I was hoping they would reveal their more price conscious Xbox One wheel before the release of Project Cars but it doesn't sound like it's even close.

Metfanant

I think your best shot is the windows 10 streaming.
ugh...i know...but im holding off on purchasing an Xbone until fall with FM6...just gonna hope somebody figures something out by then...

Thank you for the advice !
Unfortunately the Fanatec CSR is very hard to find here in Belgium, even online, for a decent price. Also, I enjoyed the official Xbox 360 wheel, so I guess the T100 could be worth a try as I found it on Amazon for little money in perfect state. It arrives tomorrow, so I will know if it's enough for me or not :)

see i disagree with him...any wheel is going to be an improvement over a controller...idc if its the T100 or the most expensive Fanatec...i always think about when GT5 first released...it was the first time i ever had a wheel for racing (DFGT)...the NASCAR license tests became an absolute BREEZE because of how much more precise you could be with your steering on the oval tracks...

i might be of a different mindset then the most hardcore sim racers out there...but if youre looking to grab a wheel on a tight budget...and you said you enjoyed the official 360 wheel...then i see no reason why the T100 wouldnt fit your needs...

i have a T500 and while i could certainly tell RIGHT AWAY it was an upgrade over my old DFGT i certainly dont feel it was a necessary thing...the only reason i have it was because of that super discount they went on like over a year ago...

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/156/real-race-car-steering-wheel-rims-on-xbox-one

Fanatec XB1 adapter announced

$299 for the adapter
$399 for the adapter and a wheel rim

Not including the $599 for the v2 base

which together would take you to $1000........but you might need some pedals if you didn't have some old Fanatec pedals lying around.

they say cheaper options are coming, and I would hope so.
I was hoping they would reveal their more price conscious Xbox One wheel before the release of Project Cars but it doesn't sound like it's even close.

its amazing how out of touch they seem with the average consumer...i mean how many of these things do they really hope to sell?...

dont they realize that with the terrible situation wheel owners are in right now that they could make a killing with more affordable options...especially something that is cross platform...ugh...

Zeknurn

its amazing how out of touch they seem with the average consumer...i mean how many of these things do they really hope to sell?...

dont they realize that with the terrible situation wheel owners are in right now that they could make a killing with more affordable options...especially something that is cross platform...ugh...

I was reading the blogpost by Thomas about the price increase for Europeans and it looks like it's very expensive for them to manufacture the wheels and my guess is that the only decent margin is to be found is in the very high end stuff. So it's not surprising where their priority lies.

ugh...i know...but im holding off on purchasing an Xbone until fall with FM6...just gonna hope somebody figures something out by then...

see i disagree with him...any wheel is going to be an improvement over a controller...idc if its the T100 or the most expensive Fanatec...i always think about when GT5 first released...it was the first time i ever had a wheel for racing (DFGT)...the NASCAR license tests became an absolute BREEZE because of how much more precise you could be with your steering on the oval tracks...

i might be of a different mindset then the most hardcore sim racers out there...but if youre looking to grab a wheel on a tight budget...and you said you enjoyed the official 360 wheel...then i see no reason why the T100 wouldnt fit your needs...

i have a T500 and while i could certainly tell RIGHT AWAY it was an upgrade over my old DFGT i certainly dont feel it was a necessary thing...the only reason i have it was because of that super discount they went on like over a year ago...

They want to get the people who will spend more first. The products are more expensive to manufacture then the thrustmaster wheels because they are not made of mostly plastic like the TM wheels are. But I don't see the difference in results to justify the price jump. I mean if I was dropping $1,000+ I would just save up for a proper servo wheel.

Also the quality of their budget wheels seemed to drop with each iteration. PTWS had lovely leather, the gt2 lost the leather but it was still good. The CSR had a ton of plastic, and I remember reading about many people having issues with it.

Megasoum

Banned
They want to get the people who will spend more first. The products are more expensive to manufacture then the thrustmaster wheels because they are not made of mostly plastic like the TM wheels are. But I don't see the difference in results to justify the price jump. I mean if I was dropping $1,000+ I would just save up for a proper servo wheel.

Also the quality of their budget wheels seemed to drop with each iteration. PTWS had lovely leather, the gt2 lost the leather but it was still good. The CSR had a ton of plastic, and I remember reading about many people having issues with it.

Never had issues with my CSR but yeah it was very plasticky (still felt classier than the default TX rim tho).

The GT2 however dropped the rich dude leather but switched to Alcantara which is even better imo lol

Never had issues with my CSR but yeah it was very plasticky (still felt classier than the default TX rim tho).

The GT2 however dropped the rich dude leather but switched to Alcantara which is even better imo lol

I loved the leather!

I just remember the official Forza threads had a ton of people complaining about failures with the CSR.

And anything is more classy then the default TX rim. I am so salty that t300 owners got the good rim, while we got stuck with the faux 458 plastic toy.

Megasoum

Banned
I loved the leather!

I just remember the official Forza threads had a ton of people complaining about failures with the CSR.

And anything is more classy then the default TX rim. I am so salty that t300 owners got the good rim, while we got stuck with the faux 458 plastic toy.

Yeah so...about that... My friend was right to remind me a minute ago that the first CSR I got from Fanatec was dead after like 2 weeks lol... The second one I got has been working fine since though.

Yeah the PWTS leather felt very luxurious and I'm seriously thinking about buying the TM 28 leather rim for my TX.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
Yeah so...about that... My friend was right to remind me a minute ago that the first CSR I got from Fanatec was dead after like 2 weeks lol... The second one I got has been working fine since though..
...And you bought a CSR because your TS always lost his calibration lol

Me I never had any problem with my Fanatec TS, my GT2 or my CSP (wich I still use with my TX).

But my first TX died after 1 month.

Megasoum

Banned
...And you bought a CSR because your TS always lost his calibration lol

Me I never had any problem with my Fanatec TS, my GT2 or my CSP (wich I still use with my TX).

But my first TX died after 1 month.

Yeah yeah... Well the funny thing about the PWTS is that it was always loosing its center...like everytime I would go to full lock it would loose its center.

But then I retried the wheel a couple of years later and it was working just fine.

A true Fanatec product lol

Yeah so...about that... My friend was right to remind me a minute ago that the first CSR I got from Fanatec was dead after like 2 weeks lol... The second one I got has been working fine since though.

Yeah the PWTS leather felt very luxurious and I'm seriously thinking about buying the TM 28 leather rim for my TX.

Yeah the TM leather looks great.

No console racer is worth that investment. I regret missing out on the Microcenter thursmasters mega sale more and more as the console racing wheel situation becomes more dire expensive. If you even want a semi competent FFB wheel, you need to shell out more than the price of your console. Fuck that.

Metfanant

No console racer is worth that investment. I regret missing out on the Microcenter thursmasters mega sale more and more as the console racing wheel situation becomes more dire expensive. If you even want a semi competent FFB wheel, you need to shell out more than the price of your console. Fuck that.

thats the only reason i grabbed the T500 when i did

Branson

This damn wheel situation is still messed up. Here I am debating getting a XO and I already have a PS4 and PC. I have a G25 and want to upgrade it to a Thrustmaster and am not sure if I would get more use out of the TX or T300. I was leaning toward TX because of Forza since I would get more playtime out of it currently. Or I could just keep my G25 and not get an XO and just play on PC just fine. I have a rough life.

I don't know what to do also.

A) build a better PC to play Pcars in it's superior version with the wheel i already have or
B) buy a better wheel so i can play Pcars on PS4 and utilize this better wheel on other racing games.

Why not both? Not enough money. I still need to buy a decent racing seat otherwise my elbows and shoulders will murder me.

This wouldn't be such an issue if i could use my G25 on PS4, but it appears that building a better PC to run Pcars seems like a better idea if i can build a decent PC here in Brazil for the cost of a Fanatec or T500RS wheel.

Decisions... decisions...

Top Bottom