• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2015

jholmes

You guys all just get Triforce Heroes demo codes? I'm guessing they aren't as rare as Nintendo wants me to believe.

Ondore

Known releases in NA tomorrow:

Wii U
Momonga Pinball Adventures
Rakoo and Friends
Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash
VC: Final Fight One (GBA)

3DS
SmileBASIC
The Magic Hammer

Umibozu

Chronicles of teddy looks very good, hopefully I won't have to worry about bugs.

I beat chronus arc it was ok, better than the other rpg maker games. The games is around 15-20hours, I don't think I'll do the bonus dungeon yet. For those interested I would say wait for a sale.

Ondore

Chronicles of Teddy got announced in the same conference that Zero Escape 3 debuted at, so I fear it might get undue hate. Looks solid to me.

And there goes another Team Top Hat alt...

So did he have more Club Nintendo accounts or GAF accounts? Seriously.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, Final Fight One. Interesting. For those wondering what's different about the GBA port, it has all 3 characters & includes the Industrial Area stage that the SNES version was missing, plus SF Alpha 3 versions of Cody & Guy are unlockable along with dialogue before each boss fight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know about the 3DS version, but I enjoyed Unlimited World Red on Vita & would recommend it for $20 if you like One Piece.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TTT2 was one of the most maddening games in my collection. I got the disc version for 6 bucks new or so, yet the digital version remained sky high in America forever. Even ZombiU, which was also like that, had decent sales last year. (ZombiU also had an infuriating Canada only sale awhile before that)

Now the only games I'm looking out for digitally are Nintendoland to come back and for Koei/Tecmo to reduce Ken's Rage 2 someday before the heat death of the universe.

Pokemaniac

So, next week's eShop maintenance is accompanied by maintenance for all Wii U and 3DS online services.

itshappening.gif?

Pokemaniac

would you kindly share what is happening?

eShop maintenance is sometimes followed by system updates. The fact that all other online services are scheduled for maintenance at the same time is suspicious, and suggests that an update may be more likely. Combine that with the fact that we know the Club Nintendo replacement could really launch any day now, and would almost definitely would be accompanied by a system update for both Wii U and 3DS, and a major system update is looking very likely.

Still not 100% sure though, hence, the question mark.

Tizoc

Don't forget to pre-order DBZ Extreme Butoden on EU eShop to get the free bonus game
Amazon just charged me for my order and it should arrive by next week X3

Also Gravity Falls 3DS is releasing in 1 week's time.

radcliff

Huh, Final Fight One. Interesting. For those wondering what's different about the GBA port, it has all 3 characters & includes the Industrial Area stage that the SNES version was missing, plus SF Alpha 3 versions of Cody & Guy are unlockable along with dialogue before each boss fight.

Can the game he played with two players?

donny2112

Another thing NoA is releasing today is a Crunchyroll app... for Wii.

Never expected that to happen.

What exactly is crunchyroll? Is it like a Netflix subscription service for anime? Does it offer free videos?

Edit:
Quick Wikipedia lookup makes it seem like they would offer free videos + paid stuff. Hulu offers free videos on the website (time-based) but not through the app, though. Just wanted to see what exactly crunchyroll app was doing.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Yoshi’s Woolly World – Set off with a friend* through a woolly world in this grand hand-crafted Yoshi adventure! Kamek, that mischievous magic maker, has turned the Yoshi clan into wool. Now it’s up to you to explore a sewing basket’s worth of clever stages and unravel their secrets to save your fellow Yoshis. Yoshi’s Woolly World will be available on Oct. 16. *Additional accessories required for multiplayer; sold separately.
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U Bundle – On Oct. 16, get two huge games in one bundle with this pack, which includes both the New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U games. Up to five players can jump into the fun (additional accessories required; sold separately)!

Virtual Console on Wii U

Final Fight One – Take on the role of Cody, Guy or Mike as they punch, kick and throw down throngs of thugs. In this Game Boy Advance version of the Final Fight game, there are six stages showing a different area of the city, including an extra stage that was not available in the original Super NES version of the game.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

ZaciSa’s Last Stand is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and more games from ATLUS are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 2.
Hello Kitty Picnic with Sanrio Friends and Hello Kitty and Sanrio Friends 3D Racing are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 26.
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
Dress To Play: Cute Witches! and Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
Fantasy Pirates and Van Helsing sniper Zx100 from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 12.
Fairune, Parking Star 3D and other select games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 9.

Activities:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – SpotPass Distribution – You have a new client waiting! Louie is looking for a home designer in the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game to help decorate his place. Fulfilling Louie’s request will net you new and unique items for your catalog. This gorilla, who is a fan of the Mushroom Kingdom, is available for a limited time via the SpotPass service on the Nintendo 3DS system, so check the in-game Nintendo 3DS system on the second floor of Nook’s Homes to meet him and take him on as a client!

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
The Legend of Legacy: “The Seven Adventurers”
Yoshi’s Woolly World: Yoshis on Parade – Available Oct. 16

Also new this week:

Momonga Pinball Adventures (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Rakoo & Friends (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
SmileBASIC (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
The Magic Hammer (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Crunchyroll (WiiWare on Wii)

Umibozu

SmileBASIC will be mine. Hope I can play the japanese games that have been developed since the game's release in japan.

Pokemaniac

What exactly is crunchyroll? Is it like a Netflix subscription service for anime? Does it offer free videos?

Edit:
Quick Wikipedia lookup makes it seem like they would offer free videos + paid stuff. Hulu offers free videos on the website (time-based) but not through the app, though. Just wanted to see what exactly crunchyroll app was doing.

Quick note about the app re: fee stuff. Most CrunchyRoll apps start out paid users only, then transition to free and paid users after several months. The Wii U app already allows free users.

Also, IIRC the majority of the content is available for free as long as you don't mind SD and ads.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The more I think about it for $30 I'm probably in for Gravity Falls. Plus I can share the game with the kiddos.

I might be one of the only people to jump on this so I'll post impressions.

JoeM86

If you purchase The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes from Nintendo eShop before 19/11/2015 at 23:59 (UK time), you can also receive a bonus 'Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes: Totem Team' HOME Menu Theme.****

TheMoon

Ahh, hope it shows up in the rest of Europe too, might give it a second chance on Wii U.

If you read the article, you'll see that it got a PEGI rating. The version on the German eShop has English language support too. Just a matter of time and Deep Silver getting over their weirdness.

Glass Rebel

I was hoping I could play the Zelda demo by myself
acFRUeG.png

tolkir

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• ZaciSa’s Last Stand is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Hello Kitty Picnic with Sanrio Friends and Hello Kitty and Sanrio Friends 3D Racing are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 26.
  • Dress To Play: Cute Witches! and Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and more games from ATLUS are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 19 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 2.
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
  • Fairune, Parking Star 3D and other select games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 9.
  • Fantasy Pirates and Van Helsing sniper Zx100 from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 12.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions) - €1.19/£0.90 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.29)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends November 5, normally €5.99/£5.39)

• Ninja Usagimaru – The Gem of Blessings (Arc System Works | Demo)
  • Mercenaries Saga 2: Order Of The Silver Eagle (Circle Ent. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Mario Party Island Tour - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Mario Tennis Open - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats French Bulldog & Friends - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever & Friends - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle & Friends - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Starfox 64 3D - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Nintendo Selects: Yoshi's New Island - Starting October 16 €19.99 / £15.99
  • Atlantic Quest (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends October 27, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends October 27, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Fairune (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends October 29, normally €2.99/£2.50)
  • Dress To Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends October 29, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends October 29, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Fairune (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends October 29, normally €2.99/£2.50)
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €2.20/£1.85 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.50)
  • Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends November 5, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Parking Star (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.25 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.49)
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €2.20/£1.85 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.50)
  • Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (Akaoni Studio) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends November 12, normally €7.00/£6.30)
  • 10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends November 13, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends November 13, normally €1.99/£1.89)
  • Hazumi (Gamelion) - €1.29/£0.99 (Ends November 13, normally €2.69/£1.99)
  • League of Heroes (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends November 13, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Monster Shooter (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.60 (Ends November 13, normally €4.00/£3.20)
  • Pick-A-Gem (Gamelion) - €1.49/£1.29 (Ends November 13, normally €2.99/£2.69)
  • PIX3D (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends November 13, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion) - €3.49/£3.09 (Ends November 13, normally €6.99/£6.29)
  • SpeedX 3D (Gamelion) - €1.49/£1.29 (Ends November 13, normally €2.99/£2.69)
  • SpeedXD 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends November 13, normally €1.99/£1.79)

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

uxwGK.png

Pokemaniac

Interestingly, the CrunchyRoll Wii app is under WiiWare instead of Wii Channels, like all the other Wii streaming apps are.

Also unlike the other streaming apps, I can download it to my Wii U. It's completely redundant, but I can do it.

Top Bottom