• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

6Q3aD.jpg

Damn. At this rate who knows?

Shinta

Banned
Oh The Last Guardian was actually revealed after Versus was. It makes even less since in a comparison now.

TLG was announced after, but it's never really shown us anything approaching real gameplay. We saw gameplay for the old build of Versus, and the new build of XV. TLG has never shown anything but one reveal trailer.

XV's problem isn't showing us stuff. We honestly just need the release date.

TLG was announced after, but it's never really shown us anything approaching real gameplay. We saw gameplay for the old build of Versus, and the new build of XV. TLG has never shown anything but one reveal trailer.

XV's problem isn't showing us stuff. We honestly just need the release date.

How amazing would it be if the two titles hit store shelves on the same day?

Sinoox

Banned
I can't believe this game has been in development for eight years, my god. I remember jumping up and down like a school girl in middle school for this and now I'm a working adult. Game development should not take this long, how do they even do this?!

Maybe they are afraid of the amount of amazing feedback X will get when they show off a new trailer.
Does no new info mean no new trailer? I mean, they can always release a new gameplay trailer.

Talent is not the issue. "Capacity" is. They have obviously rebooted this project many times and many people feel the right to interfere in the development. They justify that it's about quality, but it's really about process and capacity.

Management and structure and culture matter a lot.

t-storm

I can't believe this game has been in development for eight years, my god. I remember jumping up and down like a school girl in middle school for this and now I'm a working adult. Game development should not take this long, how do they even do this?!
I graduated university, got a permanent full time job, bought my own house and have a child.

What an utterly embarrassment fail of a company.

Secret Owl

Neo Member
Maybe they're rethinking what kind of game they want to make.

"... in the past, when we developed console games with a worldwide premise, we lost our focus, and not only did they end up being games that weren't for the Japanese, but they ended up being incomplete titles that weren't even fit for a global audience."

Source

Maybe they're rethinking what kind of game they want to make.

"... in the past, when we developed console games with a worldwide premise, we lost our focus, and not only did they end up being games that weren't for the Japanese, but they ended up being incomplete titles that weren't even fit for a global audience."

Source

I'm expecting a kingdom hearts type of game, they better stick to their guns.. Nothing wrong with turn based rpg ,but you already committed to action so stick to your original vision.

Amikami

Banned
Bullshit but expected. I'm surprised so many are...surprised. There's been no new information about this since that trailer a year ago, even when they promised future showings at near events. Those events passed and nothing. Its been pretty clear that business was back to usual. There's must be some serious flaw in this game's development to be be a year later and nothing.

MogCakes

I wonder if SE is trying to take the 'no publicity until near completion' approach, which would be nice if not for the fact that this is incredibly embarrassing because the title is nearing a decade of infamy.

We need a MGS: Rising-esque exposé about this game, got Nomura up there explaining how shitty and incompetent Square management is.

todd360

Now that I think about it I'm kinda sad they let us know ahead of time. The after conference "where da faq is XV" posts would have been funnier.

Now that I think about it I'm kinda sad they let us know ahead of time. The after conference "where da faq is XV" posts would have been funnier.

My question is why they couldn't notify us, say, a month ago rather than a few days before the conference. SE could have saved me a lot of time, and it's not like this was a last minute decision. They didn't prepare some awesome presentation and then in the eleventh hour go "You know what naw" and can it. It's just rude.

Think about this.

If the game comes out in 2016, a child who started kindergarten when the first trailer came out would be well into high school when the game emerges.

The high schooler, presumably a target market - would have had the game in development for two thirds of their life.

I've heard various things over the years from different people about how bad the development situation on Versus and S-E Japan in general are. Poor management, resources being wasted, gameplay not coming together, staff getting frustrated with how things are going. Doesn't paint a particularly nice picture. The concept for the the game has been really appealing to me from the moment it was announced, but it's been really disheartening to see clear signs that the company is really struggling to turn it into the big blockbuster success they need this to be.

I'm not surprised. It explains the delay and general lack of progress.
Will it ever release? Or is it shaping up to be the next Duke Nukem Forever?

In any case, I expect KH3 to release before it.

Groaning is a universal language.

The reactions on gaming blogs are very similar to what we see here, if a bit harsher even (SE is a bunch of incompetents, let it die already, etc.).

Probably the same things we do. Mocking incompetence has international appeal.

Figured. I really wonder if Square realizes sometimes. I mean XIV is fine now and they deserve credit for that, but what I'd give to know what goes on behind those doors.

Top Bottom