• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

Leflus

Still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards a PS4.

Will probably buy a Wii U when the software situation gets better.
Might buy an Xbox One depending on what MS has to show at E3 2013.

dosh

I will cautiously wait for the games, but probably Ps4 + Vita combo, and PC.

Almost everything MS showed today doesn't interest me at all.

iNvid02

the rumor of xbox one needing a fee for used games was denied by one of their twitter accounts - i have no idea what to believe, and its a pretty major issue.

in addition, we've yet to fully see what microsoft will be offering in terms of next gen exclusives and new IPs

those are the 2 main things i need to know before i can make a decision, and price of course
right now im not sure, just leaning towards the PS4

the only thing that is looking 100% is that i'll be using my PC just as much next gen

KageMaru

I'll be getting both the PS4 and Xbox as long as I can play both offline, that's the only real deal breaker for me.

I'll also pick up a Wii-U eventually and hope to have a nice gaming PC this year or early next year.

Need to see more games that aren't COD or sports titles. They don't interest me (and I believe less COD is good for the world). However, Sony's principles and perspective of games is important and has just been a positive to see. That is what I want to do - play games. Not watch TV. I'd lean towards PS4, but Sony could have a poor show at E3 (which won't happen).

Bring on E3 where we will all be putting our pennies into MS or Sony's jar.

Marco1

MS made this real easy for me today, it will be PS4.
Fuck all of that integrated TV services bullshit, I'll wait to see what apple do with their rumoured TV soon.
How MS fuck up so badly? All they had to do was beat Sony considering Sony have already shown what they have.

Ps4, regardless of any used game blocks. Not liking the direction of that Xbox One at all. Plus PSN might make up for any used game blocks in my mind.

leroidys

Everything but Xbox. Again. I loved the OG Xbox and a lot of other Microsoft products, it's not a fanboy thing. I just hate microsoft's strategy in the videogames space.

ZeroEdge

After Today's conference I am happy with my choice of Vita/PS4 and 3DS/Wiiu (already have the Vita and 3DS now) just waiting on PS4 and WiiU to get some Nintendo games out and hopefully price drop.

As for XboxONE MS can keep it if I want to watch TV I'll turn my TV on with my remote thanks.

Already have a 3DS, Vita, Wii U, and a laptop that I game on that I can play all the latest PC games on. Will for sure buy a PS4 day one. Could definitely see a Steam Box in my future, and I'd like to think that I can stay strong and not buy a Xbox One, at least at launch, but there is a good chance that Forza 5 as a launch title could change that.

traveler

Not Wario
My feelings after both reveals are the same as before- the Wii U is the only console I intend to own this generation. After my conversion to PC this last gen, there is literally only one reason I buy a console- exclusive titles. They are strictly inferior to the PC in every other way possible. I don't care one bit about all the secondary and tertiary features each company wheels out- be it motion controls, online integration, media center capabilities, etc.- they can't fight a proper PC setup and, frankly, even if they could, I tend to prefer dedicated devices that do each aspect in the best manner to one device for it all.

Getting back to the only worthwhile console feature, Sony created no exclusives worth purchasing a console for this generation and Microsoft only had a couple in the better Halo and Gears titles released. Nintendo is the only first party strong enough to make purchasing a console worthwhile in my eyes, so the Wii is the only console I will buy. (This is, of course, based on what we have right now. If MS and Sony actually create enough decent exclusives throughout the lifespan of the consoles, I will "jump in" again.)

If I actually follow this plan through, this will be the first generation I haven't owned all the consoles for since the SNES generation. Guess my wallet can be thankful for that, at least.

At this point it looks like 99% chance of PS4, but there's plenty of time left to decide (and foir either MS or Sony to figure things out or implode from their own stupidity/hubris).

Riddler

PS4=DAY ONE
XBOX ONE= 2014
New PC =2015

Microsoft would have to announce amazing launch day games(exclusively) for me to change.

Nocturno999

PC + Vita + PS4. Maybe Oculus Rift and Wii U if Iwata nukes E3 with great titles.

This conference was an official bail out from Microsoft. It baffles me that they still have supporters after this conference and abandoning two previous consoles.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
WiiU - No interest until mario and Zelda.
PS4 - Not interested yet. Will wait for E3.
Xbox 0ne - Not interested yet. Will wait for E3.
PC - Interested in Oculus Rift. Waiting for the consumer version.

I have a Wii U and I'll be buying a PS4.
There is quite literally fuck all that I like about Xbox One. I hate the look of it, I hate the fact that Kinect is being forced on me, I hate the fact that whilst it doesn't need to be always online, they're pushing cloud gaming onto us. I could go on....

TimeInc

PS4, would love to get it day one, but might until a little bit after soo there's a few more games to choose from. I'll probably cave though and get it straight away.

BasilZero

I'm already PC thanks to my new gfx card.

I had a feeling the next gen will be bad compared to the previous gen/current gen.

I'll be going WiiU+PS4 combo but not anytime soon.

Wii-U in 2014 or 2015
PS4 in 2016 or 2017
3DS in 2013
PSVita in 2014
Xbox360 in 2014 l0l

jgmo870

Banned
I was always planning on buying a PS4 and WiiU, it's just an issue of when. Have a PC, both handhelds, and a decent backlog so I'm not in a rush for either.

Neither. My expectations were low going into both reveals and I was still disappointed.

I'll wait til after E3 to consider one or the other but that won't be til at least 2 years from now. I still have a massive backlog from this gen and no time to play it.

Top Bottom