• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If GAF was a good representation of the potential sales of next-gen consoles, Xbox One would be an even bigger "failure" than Wii U. :lol

If.

7threst

Already have a Wii U, will get a PS4 eventually if the price is right. Around €350,-/€399,-. If it gets games that I want that is.

Midou

PS4 + PC guranteed.

WiiU for next mario/zelda/X.

XBOX One for under $200 if it ever gets something like a big Mistwalker or other JRPG exclusive.

I'm much more interested in the PS4 than the Xbox One right now. Unless Microsoft shows a slew of games I REALLY want to play, I'll be buying a PS4 this fall.

m0t0k1

Wii U + PC and maybe at the end of the console life a ps4

most of my gaming time well be spent on the 3ds

Eiolon

I have a Wii U which I am probably going to sell.

I need to see more about the gaming aspect for the Xbox One. Anti-used games does not bother me like it does everyone else.

PS4 I still need to see if it will offer what Xbox One will and more of its games.

In short, E3 will hopefully make things clearer for me, but I'm primarily a PC gamer so it's no real loss for me either way.

f@luS

More than a member.
well... gotta say ps4

it looks like all the + of ps3 stay on 4, and all the + of the 360 are on ps4 also...

more powerfull system, more user friendly, imho more innovation on the controller, better first party...and now also surely 3rd party

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
If GAF was a good representation of the potential sales of next-gen consoles, Xbox One would be an even bigger "failure" than Wii U. :lol

If.

GAF isn't though. I remember when the Vita was announced, judging by the GAF threads it was going to sell like gangbusters. I have no idea how the new Xbox will sell but I wouldn't predict its sales based on opinions here.

kunonabi

Still with Wii U only but if I do buy another console it's going to be a ps4. I can't imagine any scenario where I pick up the new xbox.

gAg CruSh3r

XboxOne on day One.

Ps4 is not all that impressing to me. The online will probably suck like the ps3 did. I might get it later after the price drop.

Vesper73

PS4, PC, Oculus Rift :)

Think I'm going to opt out of the 'own all consoles' this time. I still don't have the WiiU, but I'm sure they snag me when Zelda comes out.

Already own a WiiU. After that... what even was that this afternoon? I don't even know what to say about Microsoft. So currently WiiU, PC and PS4.

AngryBird

Banned
There is just too many negatives of xBoxOne to consider it. I think it will do terrible outside USA, so MS has to grab a big chunk of the US market to compete(even more than 360). Almost all services they are offering in regard to TV streaming and other interactions with it (which is their most important feature ?) seem to focus on the US of A alone, no mention of how it will work in other countries etc.

Add to this the ability to not play used games and having a constant internet connection(because it will be relying on resources on the cloud).

They are pushing for the cloud in a big way but I'm not sure the world is ready yet.

MS's tendency to focus mostly in USA will hurt them this gen.

I chose PS4!!

RdN

I think it's too early to tell.

We haven't seen much from both of the consoles.. Only after E3 that judgment can be clearly made.

dc89

Well... I have all the systems on the market at the moment. WiiU, PS3, 360, Vita and 3DS. I can honestly see my gaming future comprising of PS4, WiiU and 3DS. And maybe Vita, because the integration with PS4 does look kinda swish.

MS just didn't sell me today. Not one bit.

PS4 no brainer.

I may get Xbox One later on, just for the exclusives, assuming they have exciting ones and not just FPSs, for example I am excited for Quantum Break, but not to buy the console day one.

Froli

It's still too early to say, but I'm leaning on PS4.

In the end, I will wait until this consoles gets released, with more hands on impressions and with better game library.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Had PC going back to consoles. Just bought Wii U and 3DS, will buy Xbox One and PS4, maybe even a Vita if it does some kind of off screen play.

Quite likely PS4 + WiiU + 3DS
No BC on Xbox1 gives me zero reason for staying with MS and the Xbox1 does it this moment not impress me at all.

PS4 and PC. Was in class for the live stream but from what I've read MS really screwed the pooch with the announcement and nothing they announced sounded interesting. If used games thing is true they really made a huge mistake.

Already got the Wii U and 3DS.
Will buy the PS4 and Vita at reasonable prices and if good games are out for it that I can't get on PC too.
Xbox One will NEVER enter my house, EVER!

Top Bottom