• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

Decado

PC now and in the future, methinks.

PS4 and Xbox One...well, we don't *really* know. Still a lot of assumptions. I'm in no rush to get either, though I suspect I'll get the PS4 first.

Maybe Wii U depending on how a few key exclusives are received. Will probably wait until it is dirt cheap...'course I may lose interest by then.

No interest in handhelds.

Exhumed

Definitely PS4. Helps that I already know who is getting it for me day one. Even if I was buying it myself, PS4 all the way.

I already have a Wii U, 3DS, and (obviously) a PC. I may pick up a PS4 if the exclusives look good and the price is right. Vita is also a possibility, but I'll probably pass on the XOne. I had to deal with enough of Microsoft's nonsense last gen with my 360...

JP

I was expecting more, or at the very least something different, from the Microsoft show but they don't seem to be wanting to sell me their next console.

The PS4 is a looking very likely at the moment but there's still time for that to go horribly wrong I suppose, they do seem to know what they're doing for a change though.

Don't have a Wii-U yet but I'd be tempted but with a price drop and a 3D Mario I'd probably be too weak to not buy one.

eXistor

Already own the WiiU and gonna combo that with PS4 and PC. That should provide all I need; by now I doubt MS has anything for me in store.

Birbo

There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered (game? price? etc), but I'm leaning towards a PS4 (and possibly a Vita to go with it) over the Xbox One. Wii U isn't even on my radar.

Sky Chief

There is still so much we don't know though.

On the Xbox One front I have no idea how it will integrate with my DirecTV DVR and how seamless an experience it will be, how used/borrowed games will work, what games will be coming at launch, and what games will look like.

For both we don't know how subscriptions will work and what they will be required to do. Or price of the consoles for that matter.

I will very likely be getting a PS4 at launch but I need to see games I want to play for the Xbox before I buy.

Almost done upgrading my PC. Added a 256ssd, 18 gigs of ram(now 24) and about to buy a gtx 680. I'm all in for ps4, but will probably give it a good year unless there is a killer game that will sway me into buying it early. Really my hard decision is still whether to buy a 3ds or a vita in the coming months???

EGM1966

PC for sure
PS4 looking likely although not right away
Xbox 1 looking unlikely currently although I'll see what E3 reveals
Wii U looking very unlikely

Koren

Wii U*, 3DS*, PS4**, maybe Vita should the number of games that interest me increases a bit.

* (already done)
** (assuming no severe online DRM)

I may consider buying again "modern" games on PC should Linux gaming arise (I'm buying games on a regular basis, but the "compatible with WineX" means that the choice is quite small). I don't want to pay for Windows anymore.

seantos

Neo Member
I was already leaning towards PS4 and this conference has done little to sway me. I will wait to see what E3 brings first before I make my final decision. I also might pick up a Wii U if they start blowing them out just to play some monster hunter.

Ashes

Banned
PC>PC upgrades after intel cpu refresh
PS3>PS4 this year unless outrageoulsy expensive.
Wii>not this iteration of the wiiu. maybe later.
X360> will probably buy XOne sometime in the future, unless it is outrageously cheap or something.
PSP>Will get vita after next price drop probably.
DS>3ds stalling on this, will pick up one sooner rather than later I guess.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm getting a Wii U definitely, the real question is when depending on the Fall games coming out and maybe a PS4. I do want to build a gaming PC though.

Hzoltan69

PC mainly and PS4 for the exclusives. I didn't have much interest in the new xbox to begin with, but now it has been reduced to zero.

Knoxcore

I must say, we still don't know Sony's stance on used games. Will a fee be required? I want to know. It doesn't make sense to me that one console will have a fee but another won't.

Top Bottom