• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

npm0925

PS4
Maybe Xbox One (I don't have cable television, don't pay for multiplayer, hate motion / voice control bullshit)
Probably PC
3DS or Vita

Eh.... Really not all that happy with pretty much everything about the XB1, including the controller, pricing, hardware, all the used game weirdness, etc.

The PS4 looks much more attractive in pretty much every way.

I'll wait till E3 and see which has more games I like :D

Idioteque

Getting PS4 sometime next year, already bought a Wii U because someone offered it to me for cheap (white one for $130). I have no plans to ever get Xbox One.

Lakitu

st5fu
After today and all this shit, PS4, easily.

It's me and you now, Sony. Whoever buys the Xbox One is a mug in my book.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
More interested in Sony IPs so it's ps4.

I'm not liking the whole online thing and serial number shit with the Xbox one.

I don't even own a cable box so the tv stuff is useless. I don't like the idea of sitting on the sofa to Skype, prefer to be close up like on a pc or laptop.

xray49er

I think next gen will be completely opposite for me now. I will get both ps4 first and it will be my gaming machine the the x1 that will be my movie media machine I already have the wii u and its my sons netflix machine while i watch sports. this gen the xbox was my gaming machine the ps3 was my blu ray machine and the wii was a my family is coming over so lets dust it off and play wii sports or just dance

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Already own a WiiU, will own a PS4 someday, and a bit interested in Steambox should it ever become a reality. At the moment, I have absolutely no intentions on purchasing a xbox one.

SmokyDave

All of 'em, for better or worse. The more important question for me, is which I buy the most games for. PS4, if I had to guess.

Realistically, I'll end up buying them all, just like I did this gen and last gen. I'll definitely be betting PS4 day one, though. So.. right now it's looking like I'll be rolling PS4/Wii U for home consoles. Why not? I already have a 3DS and a Vita.

Getting a PS4 for sure

Sony seems a lot more gamer focused while Microsoft wants to ride the call of duty train and integrate and prioritize features I don't find myself wanting above great games.

Plus I'll always have my PC for games like Dota2 and mmos :D

astonish

Both PS4 and X1 need to win me over with games. In the meantime I'll stick to Steam, current gen backlog and pick up a 3DS

I'll be honest, at this point it's neither. If MS is really doing this anti-used games bullshit, I see no reason why Sony won't turn around and do the same thing.

Likely PS4. Only way Xbox comes first is if the initial reports about restrictions are overblown and they have 2 or more must have exclusives at launch. The other will follow and then somewhere down the line, Wii U when it's 200 or so.

GhaleonQ

I bought a Wii U because of Nintendo, and I'll buy a Playstation 4 over a year later (later than I usually do).

Otherwise, I'll stick with 3DS and Vita, which are not better than their counterparts last generation. My PC is there, I suppose.

This generation will somehow be worse than the last one, which was an abomination. Amazing.

beastmode

PC -> PlayStation 4 -> Nintendo 3DS -> Wii U -> PS Vita -> Xbox One

I have a PC and a 3DS but want to upgrade. New computer should happen this year, Xbox One maybe at the end of the gen.

Tenck

It'll be the third generation I skip out on the Xbox brand. Main platform will continue to be PC, but we'll see if I can fit in a PS4 into my life :p

I pretty much have every console from NES and on, which is something like over 50 pieces of hardware. I tend to buy them blind knowing there will always be something I want to play at some point in its life. I have a Wii U (which I'm starting to wonder if it's going to just die as a platform at this point), and definitely on board for a PS4.

After today's conference, I was on board with a Xbox One, but all the news that came out afterward has made me likely to skip the console now. It's the first platform in ages that I wont' be buying at launch and maybe ever because of Microsoft's plans.

Moving forward, I think I can only recommend a PS4 to anyone looking into the next round of systems at this point in time.

Afrikan

I will get an Xbox One to play my PS4 on, while watching other stuff with its OS.

I mean, its should work right? with the HDMI In? Unless Sony adds HDMIfor the PS4. :p

but seriously I really don't like all this news regarding XboxOne. I was already against paying for online, and other stuff MS tries to get away with. But with Kinect needing to always be ON and connected and other stuff... I mean really? :/

the one thing that does interest me is if it does truly have dedicated servers. When I first heard of Xbox Live when I had a PS2...when everyone was telling about Live and how they paid for it.. I thought for sure it had dedicated servers and that was the reason that justified paying additional. Now it might finally be true.

Sadly I think i have to get an Xbox One purely for Forza 5. It's not even out yet and I can't resist.

I was looking forward to purely PC/PS4 :(

ryz

PS4. Already got a Wii U (aka the thing where you can play Monster Hunter in HD).

Xbox One will probably follow, i tend to buy every console nonetheless.

Top Bottom