• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

FryHole

Last gen I started with a Wii, then got that HD fever and bought a 360. Later switched to the PS3. I think this time around it'll be PS4 first, then a Wii U when the games and the price drops align. No interest in the Xbox One based on what I've seen so far.

EVH

Right now I feel like PS4, but probably I'll stay with 3DS and a new PC when Half-Life 3 comes out.

Xbox one after I saw how the entertainment interface worked. You all are crazy to think that's not really awesome. It doesn't mean Sony can't match it but that demonstration was really nice for an entertainment hub. I have to admit I'm dissapointed in it from a pure games machine perspective in regards to the used game announcement, and the fact that Sony has a clear tech advantage with hardware. The online doesn't bother me because I can't think of why in the world I wouldnt' be online with it.

Xbox one just has the entertainment hub aspect down, so unless Sony can match it then I will be getting it. If I wanted a pure games machine I wouldn't hesitate this gen... I'd upgrade my PC. That's the best for that.

Frillen

All three. Bought a Wii U in January and will buy both the PS4 and Xbox One on launch. Teacher salary in Norway isn't that bad.

Wasn't too hot on another Xbox anyway since MS first party is sort of shit, and this reveal sort of sealed it. Buying a PS4, I think. That thing looks like it could be neat, and I already know that Sony has some wicked talent to churn out games that actually take advantage of the system.

Fuck Nintendo.

I have a kickass PC upstairs and WiiU, but want to see what Alienware is showing at E3. I am thinking I want to replace my PS3 and Xbox 360 with whatever Alienware will be showing. The PS4 does look a little interesting, but the Xbox Juan looks like a joke. Controlling my cable box with another box, I did not ask to be part of an Xzibit meme.

tim.mbp

Need way more info on the PS4 and Xbox One before I can make an informed decision.

Already own a Wii U and 3DS.

Vita isn't worth the price.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't purchase any of them Day One. I'm waiting on pricing, the first year's catalogue of games for each system and any early disasters (like a Red Ring of Death or PSN hacking, for example). I'll have a clearer answer for some of these after E3, but I want developers to have a year or so to settle in to the new machines before I make a firm decision.

As it stands, I'm leaning towards the PS4.

Berto

I'll stick with my PC and will buy a PS4 later in its life cicle when it's cheap and all relevante exclusives are out.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Xbox One and PS4. Would like a killer PC as well, but that would kill my wallet.

Linkhero1

Already own a Wii U. Leaning towards getting a PS4 more than a X1 due to everything we know at the moment. I may eventually buy a X1 a few years down the line to play it's exclusives.

Right now I'm leaning towards the PS4, but I'm not making any final decisions until a little while into the cycle. I have my skepticism about both systems, and I have a backlog to last me a lifetime anyway.

Ramma2

Today? PS4, and as a fan of the Xbox series for the past 10 ish years that hasn't been an easy conclusion to come to.

There is, however, still a ton of information to come out yet that will make this a race. Games, prices, dates, partnerships, policies, etc. The horses are only just out of the gate as far as I am concerned.

pringles

Not interested in Xbox One or PS4 so far, and my interest in Wii U is limited to Pikmin 3 and the promise of future Mario/Zelda/Metroid games.

I'm guessing whatever system gets Mirror's Edge 2, Alan Wake 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be the one I buy.

...so none of them :(

batbeg

I was hoping for a bc xbox but since that didn't happen I'll probably just resume my three generation strong Nintendo and Sony team up.

I'm sure I'm gonna buy PS4, but Kojima showing up in MS montage video make me nervous if MS trying to moneyhat exclusive Kojima game. that most likely would have forced me to buy XBOne at some point. I hope that never happened, or at least just a multiplatform game.

Cheech

Too early to tell. Waiting until E3.

I have a competent gaming PC, so I'm not in a big yang to jump into a new console generation.

I can tell you I won't buy a PS4 at any price, though. I don't trust that Sony has enough money to properly support it.

Marleyman

Banned
Too early to tell. Waiting until E3.

I have a competent gaming PC, so I'm not in a big yang to jump into a new console generation.

I can tell you I won't buy a PS4 at any price, though. I don't trust that Sony has enough money to properly support it.

This is interesting; can you elaborate?

Zertez

PS4, day one. Things might change at E3, but it is very unlikely. MS staying on the same course they have been on since Kinect's release and I have zero interest in their direction. Kind of sad because how great the 360 was in its first few years, outside the rrod, I was happy with the diversity and solid lineup of games on the 360.

Wiz

Wii U and 3DS already.

Gaming PC is very likely in the future.

PS4/Vita...possibly but not likely since I'll have a gaming PC/3DS.

Xbox One...don't see where it will fit into the equation right now. I'll need to see A LOT more in terms of games before I even think about it.

PS4 and Xbox One. I'm not going to say never with the Wii U if a new Mario 3d or Zelda game comes out, but right now I have no desire to buy the console.

Sticking with Wii U.

Only reason I'd buy one of the others is if Wii U ends up like Wii and loses AAA 3rd party support. Which at this point I think will only happen if others follow EA and blacklist Nintendo because they are the only ones not adding in disc based DRM to their console.

If that does happen then in 2015 I'll likely pick whichever one is the best value. Same reason and logic I used in buying a PS3 in 2010.

idwl

Wii U at some point once most of they typical nintendo games are out for it. If the 3D mario is amazing I'll get it whenever that comes out, if not I'll wait till smash and zelda are out (should be a price drop and different colors by then I hope)

Top Bottom