• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

Defyler

Going to finish out the remainder of the x360 generation and follow through with my backlog which is easily 15+ games.

In 1-2 years will consider where the chips have fallen. So far the new X one looks really lackluster. I could very well be adopting a new PS4. The continuous Halo rehashes have really turned me off Microsoft.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
lol, has anyone said Xbox yet?

I hope MS has a games blowout at E3. I don't mind them wanting entertainment as a general feature on the machine, but surely people that just want to watch TV or use kinect aren't going to be early adopters? You always need the core gamers to kick things off. Maybe MS thinks they can go mainstream immediately?

Hasney

PS4 when it gets some games that interest me likely. Preferred 360 to my PS3 this gen, but lolno to the XBox One.

Depends on launch games and price

Im thinking xbox one will be cheaper and have a few more of the games i want to play
so it will more than likely be xbox for me then i may pick up a ps4 next year

Already got Wii U and will buy a PS4 at launch (whenever that is in Europe).
No XBox One for me so far, first time I'm skipping a console.

xBuTcHeRx

PS4 won! End of story! My pricing for PS4 is gonna be between $400-$500 which isn't bad.
I'm getting PS4 day one. Sorry MS but your charges for restriction in used games, and requiring an online connection every day. NOOOPPEE!!

Arthea

I have to see much much more to make a decision like this.
At this point I'm unlikely to buy WiiU and X1, I might buy PS4 in the future.
Do we already know PS4 is region free or not? Or X1?
After RROD I wouldn't buy X1 at launch regardless of games announced at E3. And I will buy PS4 only when games are released, not when announced. WiiU so far has no games I want.

For the moment, I'll be rolling Wii U and PC. Will likely go PS4 when Metal Gear Solid 5 happens, if the money is flowing by then.

Though that said, even with all the bullshit around Xbox One, I'd probably still go there if any of the exclusives were SUPER interesting.

This could actually be the first time I completely miss out on a console. I'm just getting a PS4, I'll probably get a WiiU in a few years.

Gav

PS4 and a new GFX card!

Got a Wii U already. I have always bought new consoles around release, but im now apprehensive about the X1. Will wait for E3.

I'll stick with Wii U until I find out more about the others but I'm leaning more toward PS4 just now.

Wii U has far more game I'd actually want at the moment.

I want to say Xbox but I'm leaning towards Sony.

I like both of them for the hardware.

Xbox has some insane shit with Kinect but how often would I use it?

In the end it will come down to the games so I'll wait for E3.

I've played very few games over the past 2 years, none on console even though I own a 360 (the only present gen console I own or have owned), so I would have needed significant incentive to want a new one any time soon.

One thing I definitely won't own is an Xbone. The mass of anti-consumer measures being inserted into it allow me to skip it on principal alone. The fact that I have no allegiance to any MS exclusive games or their online platform makes it even easier to do.

The thing I'm most likely to do is just game on the PC here and there. The one game I'm most looking forward to, Europa Universalis IV, will allow me to do that with ease given its scope and mod-ability. I also won't need to upgrade my solid rig (2500k @ 4.5 GHZ + AMD 6850) to play it so I'm all set.

Edit: One thing I forgot about is the Oculus Rift. That looks like it could be a paradigm shift and has my curiosity perked up. I can definitely see myself getting that.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I understand the reactions, but honestly is too early to decide whatever about PS4 and Xone.
Of course, up to now I'd go with PS4, but let's see how they'll manage used games, online fees (for free? I hope. Plus enanched? probably) and price.
I already have the Wii U (and I really hope to see more games for it), and I'll buy another console for sure to "complete" the set.

Rootbeer

Banned
High-end gaming PC (built in 2009 with an upgraded 2011 GPU, getting ready for an all-new build hopefully this year)
PS4 (will be first in line to pre-order at my local gamestop)
Wii U (already owned)
3DS + Vita
smartphone, currently iOS

No plans for an Xbox One, but I'll be watching it closely.
No tablet... yet. Still on the fence there.

Learning towards a gaming htpc for the living room honestly.

coolermaster elite 120 case
ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA (not sure if haswell compatible)
Haswell i5
Either a GTX 770 or HD 8950/9950 however they number it.
16 gigs of ram

should do the trick haha.

uzit88

Like people have said PS4 if the price is right and Wii U for my Nintendo fill and 3DS. If PS4 goes pear shaped (always online/used games bullcrap) then PC.

Mael

Well I think I'll go WiiU/3DS this gen with a side of PS4 if Sony doesn't shit it up to much....
It's 2006 all over again!

Clevinger

If Sony doesn't do the same used game block, then:

PS4, but not immediately
Wii U years down the line when it and its library are dirt cheap

Already have a 3DS and PC.

Komo

Banned
PC and 3DS.
I really admire the PS4 though, but I don't really have any use for it unless they bring out
some sweet exclusives that would tempt me.

Jay Sosa

None.

I'll skip this gen and play all those glorious old-school WRPG I missed (Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate 2) instead. Oh and I might get a 3DS if it gets another update.

Plus I have still tons of PS2 games to play through..

If I have to pick one I'll probably get a PS4 but only if it has some form of FREE Bc.

PhoenixWrong

Neo Member
Well, obviously:
'Wii U and PS4 and Xbox One' > 'Wii U and (PS4 or Xbox One)' >>> 'PS4 and Xbox One'

And that's why... I'm going with the most efficient 'WiiU and PS4' combination for now. But the final decision shall be made after E3, of course.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Maxwell + Wait and see

I've never paid for Gold or intend to, so I'm leaning towards PS4. Might even go PC only given how much I'm actually playing now a days, despite having a 360 (pricing error) and PS3 now. Wii sold long ago.

Arjen

None at launch, Dark Souls 2 will take a bunch of my time, and there are plenty of games i haven't played yet.
I'll see after a year or so.

GamerJM

Banned
I currently own a 3DS, 3DS XL, and Wii U.

I plan on getting a Vita, Japanese 3DS XL, and PS4 sometime within the next year or two.

I'll probably pick up an Xbox One and a Japanese Wii U sometime down the road.

So basically, for most of the gen I'll have a :
3DS XL (or whatever the current model is)
Wii U
PS4
Vita
3DS XL Japanese

And then by the end of this gen I'll have:
3DS XL (or whatever the current model is)
Wii U
PS4
Vita
3DS XL Japanese
Xbox One
Wii U Japanese

This is all just temporary of course. If the Wii U never gets any import games I want then I probably won't import a Japanese Wii U. If the PS4 does then I'll get a Japanese one instead. If Microsoft does a complete 180 with their console at E3 and gets rid of the used games and always online thing then I'll get their console sooner. If PS4 fails to impress me within a year then I'll wait a while.

Kokonoe

Banned
Currently own a Wii U, interested in a PS4 at the moment. Although, if there is used games block on PS4 then I will just stick with my PC.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Maybe PS4 to go with my WiiU, but I'm waiting to see how E3 goes. I'm interested to see if Vita Remote Play will be user friendly.

If I can play any PS4 game I buy for free on my Vita without an additional charge, I will definitely get the PS4.

Pachimari

I think I might just skip on Xbox One and Wii U.
Though, I didn't expect Wii U to be of more interest than Xbox One.

And then just have a single console in PlayStation 4.

Top Bottom