• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Already own a Wii U, so...PS4.

Sendou

Already own Wii U, 3DS, Vita (and PC)

Will buy a PS4. One is waaaay down the line if even then. Remedy exclusivity might do the trick eventually.

Jeux

Banned
I had hoped for SOC full backwards compatibility. As of right now, there are still too many unanswered questions.

-Region coding
-Price
-Online infrastructure
-cost of used game fees
-cost of online
-How Kinect-like is Sony's camera
-How smooth is smartglass integration
-launch titles
-announced titles

When the 360 came out, I all but quit PC gaming between 2006-2011.

Since 2011 my gaming has shifter primarily to PC.

It seems PC will be my platform of choice this generation, with a PS4 thrown in after a couple price cuts.

It really helps that pretty much all exclusive 360 franchises I follow kind of completed their important sagas (halo 1-3+reach, gears 1-3, etc.).

So yeah, PC + (probably) PS4 for me, after two generations with XBOX and 360. And I still love my launch 360.

Bittercup

Most likely: PS4
although I'm still hesitant until I hear anything definitive about whether or not MP will still be free, region locking and in regards to online activation for retail games/how they handle used games.

Already own a Wii U and 3DS. I plan on eventually getting a Vita and a PS4 for sure.

Gonna wait and see with the new Xbox. At this moment, I'm not interested.

Probably both the new Xbox and the new PlayStation, not so sure about the Wii U. Which one I'll be getting first (leaning toward Xbox at the moment) depends on what is shown at E3 and other events leading up to launch.

Kevtones

in the 11 hours since hearing about the 2nd of 3 consoles i haven't touched yet, i'm inclined to say all 3 because i'm a gamer

Anth0ny

We still don't know shit. Price and launch games are important.

Though I'm definitely leaning towards PS4 at the moment, of course. A Banjo Kazooie for One announcement could change that in an instant, though.

Already own a Wii U.

Already have a wii u. Will have a ps4 at launch. Will get a Xbone way down the line when they are considerably cheaper. Maybe. Depends on exclusives and how much gold costs.

kingkitty

I'm still waiting until E3 before I make a final decision, but I'm leaning hard to switching from a xbox 360 user to a new PS4 owner.

My hype for the new Xbox was a pool, and Microsoft was the burning sun that vaporized my water.

Drayken

Neo Member
At the moment I think ps4 may be the choose for the gamers; as the last conferences MS went on useless things for gamers and throwed in some trailers showing nearly nothing.

And who cares about 10 mins of CoD:G? It seems to be nice but....

The new xbox sounds terrible. I dont like Sony and Im too old for Nintendo.
I want to go with PC but I really know next to nothing about current hardware.

I already have Wii U and will most likely buy PS4 at launch. I usually own all major consoles but I might pass on Xbox One since I don't play videogames as much as I used to.

Pistolero

I'd like to buy the three of them at once but my finances won't allow it.
Anyway, the question seems prematured as there are several variables still uncovered : The price, the launch line up and the games covering the first year...
E3 will answer some of those.

Crayons

Banned
PS4.
Xbox One is a disgrace to gaming, I am selling my Microsoft stock, switching to Linux, taking a shit in a box and and shipping it to the Microsoft headquarters.

CloudWolf

If I'm getting a next gen console, It'll probably be the Xbox One. The only exclusive so far that really grabbed my attention from both consoles is Quantum Break and that's on Xbox One. Couldn't care less about the secundary functions of both consoles.

No backwards compability for both consoles is the one that's really making me doubt a next-gen purchase though, seeing as how I don't buy a lot of new games anymore and I'll have to unplug an old console for the new one to fit.

Yasir

PS4, and later down the line maybe a Xbox One when the games have built up and they've released the redesign. To be fair, I'll also probably end up with a Wii-U momentarily too to play all its games.

Will buy a PS4 this year and get a One in 2017/18 when a remodel arrives and enough exclusives to justify it to me (also for them to potentially fix all this nonsense ) .

Top Bottom