• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX officially has the least time between reveal and release of any Nintendo platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
I have faith they fixed this problem. They openly admitted the Wii U reveal was confusing and people didn't know if it was its own system.

Nintendo are the Kings of knowing a problem exists, saying they'll fix it, and doing nothing at all to fix the known issues they themselves said they would fix

gafneo

Banned
Google event reveal. Yes of course. Android is more gamer friendly than Apple. Google can produce a gamer OS for Nintendo. Nintendo's web browser was poweted by Opera. If you think about it, it would have made more sense for it to be powered by Google. Their company has more resources. Nintendo has very limited multimedia knowledge, yet they wanted cross media OS? That is no internal OS, and DeNA only is helping with app coding. API is Google based I bet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think he means the actual hardware itself, not the functionality of the system. Nintendo still hasn't "revealed" the specifications of the hardware inside of the WiiU.

Oh, yeah. Well, that goes wihtout saying. When is the last time Nintendo told consumers about the internals?

MacTag

Banned
Google event reveal. Yes of course. Android is more gamer friendly than Apple. Google can produce a gamer OS for Nintendo. Nintendo's web browser was poweted by Opera. If you think about it, it would have made more sense for it to be powered by Google. Their company has more resources. Nintendo has very limited multimedia knowledge, yet they wanted cross media OS? That is no internal OS, and DeNA only is helping with app coding. API is Google based I bet.
Android actually tends to be laggier than iOS, it's generally worse for gaming apps. Especially with things like emulation in particular where you can deal with additional input delay.

I'm pretty sure it was a huge problem for a lot of people. Most of the titles they started off with were way too niche, like Steel Diver. Personally, I spent most of my early 3DS days playing DS games. I picked up Samurai Warriors and Dead or Alive at launch, but I don't think those are for everyone and it took a while before the situation was remedied.

3ds had a GARBAGE launch lineup. probably the worst nintendo launch lineup ever. pilotwings and steel diver. lol. so I think it was a combination of both.

wasn't until the first holiday season that things got rolling with mario and mario kart. and I think OOT 3D came out that summer. nintendo tackled both problems at once: huge price drop and two huge titles, and 3ds was ok from there.

it would be nice if nintendo didn't make the same mistake again with nx.

Software was a problem. I've bought all Nintendo systems early except for the 3DS because of how bad the launch lineup was. I was not excited for that system at all.

If Nintendo was confident that software was the sole problem, they wouldn't have slashed the price this early and this much. It could've released with 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, it was still expensive. And this is why N3DS XL is at 199 dollars. Because they know it's the psychological limit for a handheld in term of pricing.

pronk420

Android actually tends to be laggier than iOS, it's generally worse for gaming apps. Especially with things like emulation in particular where you can deal with additional input delay.

yeah it would actually be about the worst possible outcome IMO, because it would keep randomly freezing because Android, but it could happen.

I'm fairly sure you're quoting the guy who previously said Nintendo should put Zelda and Metroid on Xbox.

That was me saying that. While I do think it would be an interesting and lucrative business partnership. I also think those games could sell gangbusters on Xbox.

I don't think that is what Nintendo will do. I think they will double down on the kid market and hedge their bets by getting probably three or four games a year on mobile.

jmizzal

It might be a premature conclusion to jump to, but Nintendo's silence on this thing could be indicative of a delay. I'm not going to be one of those people claiming this as fact, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

But they said they will talk about it in the Fall around the same time as they said it will launch in March, lol I dont see how now since they havent revealed it yet means delay. Fall just started

Only reason people thought Sept, is Eurogamer, not Nintendo

Genio88

You should change the name of this thread, I didn't check on GAF all the weekend, now I almost died reading "NX officially..." then I keep reading and I wake up again

L Thammy

If Nintendo was confident that software was the sole problem, they wouldn't have slashed the price this early and this much. It could've released with 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, it was still expensive. And this is why N3DS XL is at 199 dollars. Because they know it's the psychological limit for a handheld in term of pricing.

3DS launch: February 26, 2011

3DS price cut: July 28, 2011

Mario Kart 7: December 1, 2011
Mario 3D Land: November 3, 2011

Part of the reason for the price cut was that Nintendo had the software problem, but still couldn't release the software to solve it. I have no idea if it would have sold well or not if it launched with its Mario titles at its original price but let's not pretend that it didn't have a huge drought for the better part of a year. I don't know if you have a selective memory or you're being intentionally obtuse.

Akhe

http://imgur.com/gallery/P7nFl

Oh God... Maybe you're right?!

Huuuuummmmmm.....

5598041715528225.gif

Clov

So now we're thinking that the hardware might be designed in conjunction with Google? That would be interesting; could be good for Nintendo if true. If they went with some sort of Android variant for the OS though, wouldn't piracy be a big concern?

Though to be honest, this is an awfully big assumption to make just based on a little Majorca's Mask reference.

L Thammy

Google has easter eggs like "do a barrel roll" so it could just be them being meme-y. But I don't know if that seeps into their videos.

I'm not sure if you know this, but some of the people who work at Google are nerds.

(Assuming that's an actual screenshot.)

http://imgur.com/gallery/P7nFl

Oh God... Maybe you're right?!
I don't see it showing the MM countdown on the YouTube channel

Google has easter eggs like "do a barrel roll" so it could just be them being meme-y. But I don't know if that seeps into their videos.

I'm not sure if you know this, but some of the people who work at Google are nerds.

(Assuming that's an actual screenshot.)
But Laura said the NX would be revealed on October 4th

BY2K

Membero Americo
This is such an easy thing to bullshit. All you have to do is say: "It was only there when the 24 hours hit and it went away."

This is like the equivalent of that one kid in school telling you could bring Aeris back in FF7 by doing something at a very specific time.

And even if it is real, I doubt it has anything to do with what's gonna be there. It could be just a joke.

L Thammy

This is such an easy thing to bullshit. All you have to do is say: "It was only there when the 24 hours hit and it went away."

This is like the equivalent of that one kid in school telling you could bring Aeris back in FF7 by doing something at a very specific time.

If you catch the Kangaskhan at Missingno's shore and evolve it part level 100, it turns into Yoshi. Hot tip.

I don't see it showing the MM countdown on the YouTube channel

Who?

Come on guys...do you wanna get this thread closed because of this bullshit? No way that the picture is real. You can taste that it is fake when you lick over your smartphone or monitor.

My interest has peaked and is now declining, they'd better announce this shit soon or people are just going to move on. Look at Final Fantasy 15 - when is it coming out? Who knows? Who cares?

L Thammy

In order for this to mean anything for us NX-watchers, we have to assume

- This is a real thing that happened
- It's actually meaningful and not just a geeky joke
- That Nintendo's proposed appearance will not be related to phones or something else

And if Zelda makes an appearance in an upcoming event, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be BOTW-related rather than MM?

Gaspard

Although that image is (likely) fake I can totally see a Google partnership for the handheld's software side.

Maybe not Android, but a UI built from a collaboration between Google + Nintendo. Also some network stuff.

I http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/neogaf2/editor/separator.gifdon't see it showing the MM countdown on the YouTube channel

She had heard from her sources that it could be October 4th, she didn't directly say it. Also the information came from a person at EGX who could be bullshitting (very unlikely), but i guess the point I'm trying to make it is, is that it was said in passing conversation.

I think at the time that information was kind of relevant to a couple of other snippets about Oct 4th and some stuff she "liked" on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom