• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX officially has the least time between reveal and release of any Nintendo platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
She had heard from her sources that it could be October 4th, she didn't directly say it. Also the information came from a person at EGX who could be bullshitting (very unlikely), but i guess the point I'm trying to make it is, is that it was said in passing conversation.

I think at the time that information was kind of relevant to a couple of other snippets about Oct 4th and some stuff she "liked" on twitter.

If it was being revealed wouldn't there be something in major news outlets about a press event people have been getting invitation too?

Or is the official reveal date being teased via NINTENDO direct?

Shit sounds bogus if it's suppose to have info tomorrow.

Teuoxton

Although that image is (likely) fake I can totally see a Google partnership for the handheld's software side.

Maybe not Android, but a UI built from a collaboration between Google + Nintendo. Also some network stuff.
I can see it too.
I know I'm reading too much into it but you can sign in to MyNintendo using your Google+ account already. A network system built by Google would be a wonderful improvement on what Nintendo has now, and hopefully it would stay free!

I would find it odd that Nintendo would announce at Google event and not even let the fans know to watch it. I know they did not say anything for Mario Run, but that is a game made for iOS, not the next big hardware offering from them.

ZOONAMI

If the Google thing is real my guess would be that Nintendo has a mobile Zelda game that's a timed exclusive for Android. Mario timed exclusive for ios and Zelda for Android. Makes sense to me.

DonShula

Can't wait to see the actual name of this thing. NX has grown on me but it's almost certainly going to remain a code name. I love Nintendo hardware, but they've picked some downright awful names in the past. I honestly expect something that sounds like a feminine hygiene product at this point.

i-want-to-believe-ufo-x-files-poster-daily-quotes-sayings-pictures-810x1089.jpg

I'll be glad when we're the other side of tomorrow. I'll be gladder still when we're the other side of the reveal announcement. The speculation is driving me up the wall at this point.

If it was being revealed wouldn't there be something in major news outlets about a press event people have been getting invitation too?

Or is the official reveal date being teased via NINTENDO direct?

Shit sounds bogus if it's suppose to have info tomorrow.

I can't remember how it planned out , but basically Laura posted a tweet saying that she was tired during EGX and she was off for a press event in london.

Somebody replied along the lines of aNything eXciting, and she liked the tweet.

I posted a reply that someone had been speaking to her at EGX and apparently said that she heard 4th Oct from one of her sources.

This was on the back of a that google doc that was changed to reflect Oct 4th. I think it had something to do with a indie dev? So it all kind of made sense in a weird internet way, but is/probably totally co-incidental.

Problem when you discuss something that people are eager to see something that you can easily read into stuff that isn't there.

Could Nintendo wait till after Christmas to reveal? Seriously, they still have a console and a handheld to sell this year. Nintendo are funny like that. And around three months is plenty of time for a mobile product. The market that they are aiming for would be better served with a concentrated marketing blitz near release, wouldn't they?

Crazy as it sounds, I'm gonna stick with this, until I see different. Sure, I wanna know what this is as much as the next man, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Anteo

Hey, wasnt there an online repository for a OS where the contributors were both google and nintendo? I remember that from a while back

Papacheeks

Banned
I can't remember how it planned out , but basically Laura posted a tweet saying that she was tired during EGX and she was off for a press event in london.

Somebody replied along the lines of aNything eXciting, and she liked the tweet.

I posted a reply that someone had been speaking to her at EGX and apparently said that she heard 4th Oct from one of her sources.

This was on the back of a that google doc that was changed to reflect Oct 4th. I think it had something to do with a indie dev? So it all kind of made sense in a weird internet way, but is/probably totally co-incidental.

Problem when you discuss something that people are eager to see something that you can easily read into stuff that isn't there.

Well they wouldn't keep it secret unless they are letting press actually play with the device under NDA, to give enough time for write ups, then actually make some kind fo announcement for a full on reveal to the public.

Sounds like this might be for something else, there would be news or an official announcement from Nintendo if they were actually unveiling it this month.

That tweet could mean anything. SHe could have been just being funny.

Edit:

I mean if they are serious about taking the apple like approach in how they show off a new platform/hardware, there would be more open conversation going on with press to the public about an event for Nintendo. It's been quite. So if they are serious they need to be putting out public responses, info for when people need to be glued to youtube or whatever venue they go with.

If they are being all secretive this could backfire so horribly it's not funny.

Stix_Remix

Neo Member
Random thought I had the other day regarding NX:

In recent years, we've seen a lot more Nintendo collaborations.

Zelda x Dynasty Warriors
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei

Maybe NX stands for Nintendo x ???

ScOULaris

Guys, you're on NeoGAF.
Believe.
I fuckin' believe. This October 4th Google event is being hyped up to be something that people will be talking about years from now. I don't think a simple reveal of the Pixel phones (which everyone has already known about for months now) would be enough to justify those claims, nor would an announcement of their Andromeda OS being in the works.

Nintendo + Google partnership in some way. The NX running on a Tegra chip with an Android-powered OS.

BE. FUCKING. LIEVE.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Could Nintendo wait till after Christmas to reveal? Seriously, they still have a console and a handheld to sell this year. Nintendo are funny like that. And around three months is plenty of time for a mobile product. The market that they are aiming for would be better served with a concentrated marketing blitz near release, wouldn't they?

Crazy as it sounds, I'm gonna stick with this, until I see different. Sure, I wanna know what this is as much as the next man, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

They could, but they specifically said on record more info was coming in 2016.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot possibly believe Nintendo would announce a system with absolutely no notice ahead of time. Makes zero sense.

I mean, I guess it would get big headlines, but we probably would have heard about this partnership by now.

Can't wait to see the actual name of this thing. NX has grown on me but it's almost certainly going to remain a code name. I love Nintendo hardware, but they've picked some downright awful names in the past. I honestly expect something that sounds like a feminine hygiene product at this point.

You're telling me their last controller wouldn't have done better if it was called the WiiPad?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Maybe there will be just the showing of some mobile games like what already happened with apple.

Narroo

Eitherway, it's unlikely that they'll unveil it when no one's watching. They'll most likely announce some sort of event; a press event or a direct, to announce it. With that in mind, it's going to be a while before we hear anything.

They could, but they specifically said on record more info was coming in 2016.
Ahh. They did didn't they. When the hell and how are they gonna do this? They be crazy.

Perhaps a direct featuring Reggie and Miyamoto in comfy cardigans around a roaring fire on Xmas day, just after the Queen's speech. ;)

I'm sorry, it is?

Where?

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/google-veep-teases-major-android-change

Seems to be referring to the OS side, not the hardware side, though.

Anyway, while NX definitely needs a dedicated event to show off the hardware and software in full, and while I definitely don't expect anything NX-related from this Google event, I don't agree that the hardware name/design/concept necessarily need their own event, though that'll probably end up being the case.

CrazyHorse

I have seen this thread numerous times - but every time I visit GAF and seen the words "NX officially", my pupils dilate and the heart beats faster - until I read the rest of the title.

This thread title is torture to Nintendo fans.

The question is would Nintendo want to unveil the NX and share the spotlight with all the other google devices?

If so, I would expect the NX to be revealed tomorrow and then a Nintendo Direct on Thursday to highlight the device and software. The thing is, I would have hoped Nintendo would say something to direct fans to the Google event, if this indeed were the case.

wolflink

Banned
People, remember that the same day that we know about NX, we will know about the most important part of it,,, THE GAMES.

That is the reason it is immposible from a marketing, advertising, RP point of view that the NX should be reavelaed throug a NIntendo Direct. (alone, exclusively)

Nintendo is planning a media event wich i believe will take place in november, and it will be the new Spaceworld.

Nintendo needs time to shine this NX ecosystem.

#teamspaceworldnovember

Matbtz

Even if I saw this thread a dozen times, each time it's bumped in the top 5, I've got a little flash of excitement when I see "NX officially".

I really hate this title.

People, remember that the same day that we know about NX, we will know about the most important part of it,,, THE GAMES.

That is the reason it is immposible from a marketing, advertising, RP point of view that the NX should be reavelaed throug a NIntendo Direct. (alone, exclusively)

Nintendo is planning a media event wich i believe will take place in november, and it will be the new Spaceworld.

Nintendo needs time to shine this NX ecosystem.

#teamspaceworldnovember

I assume this is Tales From My Ass, not something you've heard from a source?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm convinced the NX is actually a sociological experiment. It is not, and never was a console. It's a study on how internet fandoms react to the expectation of a console with no concrete information about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom