• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX officially has the least time between reveal and release of any Nintendo platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by the Senior Vice President for Android, Chrome and the Play Store.

bvXuZQD.png

This is because they're announcing their own in-house Google-made iPhone competitor. So "8 years ago today" they revealed their own operating system. Oct 4th will be looked back on because it's the day they'll have revealed their own official Google phone.

JoeM86

Exactly.
I expect some treehouse streamings
Some World premiers
And some interviews with developers

The Nintendo Direct Alone could repeat the history of wiiu confusion

How? If they're clear in it, how could it repeat the confusion? If anything, a live conference could make it a lot worse

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
look at this one, playing video games to pass time.

how can you not be F5ing NX threads 24/7 like the rest of us???

one of us one of us one of us

Heh. That's what NX speculators should've done so they wouldn't emotionally stressed themselves out.

I meant it's great way to finish up the backlogs like I'm doing for last few months.

AmyS

I'm betting that NX will reach store shelves worldwide during September 2017, about 8~10 weeks before XB Scorpio releases.

Nanashrew

Banned
look at this one, playing video games to pass time.

how can you not be F5ing NX threads 24/7 like the rest of us???

one of us one of us one of us

I've been playing lots of Kid Icarus: Uprising instead of F5ing these threads :p

Currently at 86% game completion.

This is because they're announcing their own in-house Google-made iPhone competitor. So "8 years ago today" they revealed their own operating system. Oct 4th will be looked back on because it's the day they'll have revealed their own official Google phone.

Exactly. Considering they just released a significantly updated new OS version, I really doubt it has anything to do with the OS.

ScOULaris

9r7KOD2.jpg

October 4th. A day that will shake the tech and gaming industries to their cores...

Do you have the courage to believe?

Just having some fun with the idea. Don't get mad at me if tomorrow's Google event has nothing to do with Nintendo.

wwm0nkey

The jumping to conclusions is getting really bad especially the delay ones, until the investor meeting there is nothing hinting at a delay

gafneo

Banned
9r7KOD2.jpg

October 4th. A day that will shake the tech and gaming industries to their cores...

Just having some fun with the idea. Don't get mad at me if tomorrow's Google event has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Hey why not hype the crap out of the belief? There's only a number of hours left to be proven right or wrong.

As we stand there is no delay. March 2017 is the official launch date and Nintendo said they would talk about NX by end of year.

Emily said NX is ahead of schedule and she said October is the reveal month. Looks like everything is going as planned.

AdanVC

9r7KOD2.jpg

kjGHYGIUAYSGDUIYiyugiu YOU MONSTER! I don't know why I keep falling with this mockups. Geez :'(

wolflink

Banned
How? If they're clear in it, how could it repeat the confusion? If anything, a live conference could make it a lot worse

well, when wii mote was announced for me it was crystal clear.
But there were people who didn't understand the full mesagge.

And when wii u was announced for me it was so fuc..in confusing, i believed it was only an add on for wii.

It is not sugerible to premiere a new device through a single element.

Look at the iphone 7, apple was pretty clear about the lack of the jack plug, still there are people in the world who refuses to believe OFICIAL STATEMENTS.

Now there is the problem with languages, a world premiere (in recorded video, with a script) in different languages could get mistranslated.

those are some stuff that could get wrong, of course nintendo has the best human resources in the world, but those are the same people who screw up things with wiiu.

#teampressevent+direct

#teamonlydirect

dtm808

^ . Please stop thinking anything Nintendo related will be happening tmwr at Google.

D3VI0US

I think the Google hype is referring to Daydream, Google's VR platform/spec/OS being added to the Android as well as the release of the new Pixel line of phones that will be replacing the Nexus and will support Daydream. Think of a higher quality Gear VR with a similar style wireless HMD that you slide your phone into. I think the Google Daydream platform will be a very serious contender in VR.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with NX, especially given that Nintendo gave Apple the Mario Run exclusive.

Nanashrew

Banned
Just curious, how hard is it to collect strong weapons? I have been tempting to replay the game lately.

It's kind of a process...

I think I bought my first strongest weapon by saving up a ton of hearts. It was only 4 stars in ranged but it allowed me to take on higher difficulties in early stages. Now I currently have one with 6 star ranged that I fused with other weapons. It's still not as good as I want it to be and need something beyond overall defense +4 for some end game levels but it's been good to me.

I just slowly work on the treasure hunt and the more weapons I get from stages I keep and fuse some for better stats and power ups. But you do get much better weapons at higher difficulties. I heard that farming chapter 20 at intensity 9.0 is a great way to get good weapons and hearts but I can't even do it.

I don't know anything about the stuff you can get from the playing online mode though, I haven't played online.

siganddaxter

Neo Member
I think my hype for the NX is deceasing at this point.

Very similar to what happened with Sombra and overwatch, you can't just tease us like this forever

AmyS

9r7KOD2.jpg

JRFAGmx.jpg

MX Believe.
Don't believe!

FZZ

Banned
Idk about you guys but I checked out SMD's videos yesterday because I was bored and they're getting pissed that Nintendo hasn't announced a reveal date yet

Also this Android nonsense means we are finally reaching omnipotence and will finally be reborn on the next level. Only then will the NX reveal itself unto us

JoeM86

well, when wii mote was announced for me it was crystal clear.
But there were people who didn't understand the full mesagge.

And when wii u was announced for me it was so fuc..in confusing, i believed it was only an add on for wii.

It is not sugerible to premiere a new device through a single element.

Look at the iphone 7, apple was pretty clear about the lack of the jack plug, still there are people in the world who refuses to believe OFICIAL STATEMENTS.

Now there is the problem with languages, a world premiere (in recorded video, with a script) in different languages could get mistranslated.

those are some stuff that could get wrong, of course nintendo has the best human resources in the world, but those are the same people who screw up things with wiiu.

#teampressevent+direct

#teamonlydirect

Would that not be the case with a live conference? At least with pre-recorded video, they can double check everything before being put out so that all the translations are correct. Seems far more logical to do pre-recorded

Very similar to what happened with Sombra and overwatch, you can't just tease us like this forever

It's not like Nintendo is teasing anythung at all.

When they start teasing you will see 433 new threads on Gaf and the hype shoots through the roof.

I could have sworn that Mihael Mello Keehl actually used to post in English, but maybe I'm confusing them with someone else?
I did, go bback tobmy post in 2013 and before that. It all changes sometime in 2014. lol

Seriously, whats the point of me posting in english if someone will argue anyway?

They haven't been teasing at all though. They've barely said anything about NX, just that more info would come later this year.

ALL the rest of this has been nothing but randos making rumours which may or may not prove to be true to some extent....MAYBE.

9r7KOD2.jpg

Super Mario Run (ios exclusive)
Super Luigi Run (Android Exclusive)

wolflink

Banned
Would that not be the case with a live conference? At least with pre-recorded video, they can double check everything before being put out so that all the translations are correct. Seems far more logical to do pre-recorded

You are right, my point is that a sole "nintendo direct video" is not enough.

They need other advertising and PR elements.

If the reveal were on my hands, there is no way that i only spread the message with a nintendo direct video without additional support.

Support that will come from:

treehouse stream
Interviews
Aditional themed videos
World premiers for some launch games

It is not only about the console.

Aditionaly I expect them to announce:
Launch Date
Launch line up
Price
Bundles
Some specs
Regions where it will be available
My nintendo program
e-shop politics
Online infraestucture/gaming

It is a lot of Info, gamexplain BOtW analysis video lenght will stay short in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom