• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Xbone, getting banned from XBL maybe revokes(?) access to your games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
This policy will honestly effect kids and teenagers the most, as they say and do shit that most adults don't really do. Imagine a 13 year old kid balling his eyes out in front of his parents because he said mini hate speechs and can't access any games.

inky

so they are admiting that you are buying a license but not a game

They have always "admitted" to that. Every company has.

Your rights over that license is what has been disputed a few times in court, but that is why they are desperate to move away from discs.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
My jaw is on the floor holy shit, Microsoft ain't fucking playing LOL

This has my full support at least. God damn LOL

If someone gets scared of fucking around and being e-dicks and behaves online I'm all for it

Good thing you can always just buy physical copies.

I guess you have kinda been under a rock lately
jwaoknxetbm3c.png

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You know, when all this shit started happening I was super angry.

Then it was funny.

Now I've laughed so much I'm fucking exhausted and this whole situation has gone well beyond pathetic. How in the fucking fuck could a company fuck something up THIS fucking much? How is it fucking possible?

Grimhammer

Neo Member
It's not that one would say something or do something on live that gets them banned - it's the group of douches that rove live rep-banning those who have better K/D than they have!

Laugh....but it's not even a joke! Before I sold my 360 I'd get these kids in halo or cod mw2. They'd scream and rep me down for owing. Then I'd start seeing new complaints or messages from kids I'd never played with - presumably friends if the haterz.

Anyways, it happens - this will end badly on the titanic-xbone.

kyo27

So you can't freak out one night on accident. Say you're drunk or what not. Its like a year after launch. You have quite a bit of games to your account. Then suddenly...they're all gone. That $^&*# sucks!

Define "freak out". If you are talking about talking shit and being racist online, then no you won't get banned for that. If you are talking about modding your console or something along those lines then yes your account will get banned.

They are joking right? This company man... They have fucking lost it. Someone needs to ban Xbone from being released on planet earth.

Hey Microsoft, remember that one guy who got wrongfully banned for buying a LEGAL copy of Halo 4 that just so happened to be released early? Of course you don't.

Because you just don't freaking care about your consumers anymore do you?

Did that guy ever get the account back? I remember him saying that the situation was long lost.

Qvoth

This policy will honestly effect kids and teenagers the most, as they say and do shit that most adults don't really do. Imagine a 13 year old kid balling his eyes out in front of his parents because he said mini hate speechs and can't access any games.

xboners will justify this by saying it's a good thing because nobody likes those 13 year olds in the 1st place

I wouldn't mind this if it only applied to people being racist/homophobic scum on Xbox Live, but it will more than likely only affect someone who happens to put a disc in their system a day before release.

On PSN you can play offline games if your system is banned. You cannot play anything that needs an internet connection. You cannot manage your account (such as PSN funds or going to your download list). I'm not sure if there's a difference between an account and a system ban. Here's a banned account/system info link for Playstation

So basically anything that you can play soley offline, you can still play. Anything that needs internet you can't.

So the difference here with Xbox One would be that you are going to be locked out of your physical copies of games/XBLA games since you have to connect to the internet every 24 hours. Unless they let you do that even if banned (I wouldn't bet on that happening from the sounds of it).

ironcreed

Banned
I hate assholes online as much as anyone, but if they buy the console and games for it, then they should still be able to play their god damn games. 'A bridge too far' is putting it mildly. Xbox One is the Nazi box.

Can’t say I’m surprised that’s how it works. With Xbone you don’t own shit. You’re merely given permission. Permission is now revoked. Simples :-D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Locking you from store access and online play, fine whatever. But locking you from game authentication, effectively revoking your ability to boot and play already purchased purely single player Xbox One titles, would be pretty fucking low.

Here's a thought; Maybe you shouldn't get fucking banned

Losing single player access doesn't make any sense, true. (and to reiterate; It does not make sense that I, or anyone, should lose access to all content if there is an illegitimate ban placed on my account)
Here's a thought: Getting banned shouldn't mean all the games you invested in disappear into thin air.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Nobody tell Jim Sterling about this, lest he get whipped up into an unstoppable, Hulk-like rage and starts to destroy Redmond with his bare hands.

I really worry that his rage is going to make his head explode, Scanners-style.

MormaPope

Banned
Locking you from store access and online play, fine whatever. But locking you from game authentication, effectively revoking your ability to boot and play already purchased purely single player Xbox One titles, would be pretty fucking low.

I imagine Microsoft either can't separate the authentication process from all the other online components, or hasn't bothered doing so at this point.

Camp Lo

Banned
I've never been banned, and I'll never be banned, but that's some Grade-A bullshit. There's no justification for forfeiting the rights to your entire games catalog for misbehaving on their online service.

This this this! The unmitigated gall to even consider this fucking nonsense is mind-numbing.

fred

I think they are actively sabotaging themselves at this point

Yup, I suggested this the other day. They seem to be going out of their way to make this console flop as hard as possible. I can't see any reason why they would want to do this though. What sort of benefit would they getdfrom the One being a complete disaster area..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom