• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of all the bad videogame webcomics, which is the worst?

It can be somewhat hit and miss and his updating schedule makes even VGCatz look like a regular comic, but I have a soft-spot for Fanboys. The faces he draws are just too good.

He just began another hiatus right in the middle of one of his character/not funny story arcs though so eh....

As for the worst? CAD probably takes it just for the sheer level of effort put in and how long its been running. I mean a lot of the bad comics posted are pretty damn cringeworthy, but you can tell they're amateur/juvenile attempts. CAD is just on a whole 'nother level.
Scott's a great artist, but his hiatuses suck. I used to post on the forum several years ago.

72.png
0046_i9p5.gif

Vlisa

Neo Member
Oh jeez, I already miss my ignorance of some of these. Loved the Laser Cheese though. I think the problem with any "gaming" webcomic is that it is bound to get stale just with the nature of it's material. There is only so many tropes that can be covered that your audience can relate to, and when there are so many other people also trying to crack jokes using the same material, it becomes hard to inject any originality. Then again, some people like those mentioned in this thread, gave up any attempt at originality long ago it seems.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mikes art is extremely inconsistent right now, hes chasing Stephen Silver too much.

Good layouts and color separation, really bad line quality and character/narrative consistency

Yeah I don't care for the latter day PA stuff. Feels too arty and inconsistent to me.

Way back when I lurked those YCS webcomic threads there was this one that had a subplot at one point about one character sleeping with his cousin after catching her masturbating with Rez or something. I forgot the name of it but that was the worst I ever saw.

I need to find this, it sounds TERRIBLE. Anyone know what it is?

That and holy crap on Tails gets trolled. I was just going along reading a horrible comic, then this happened:

XPWkO1G.jpg

and I died laughing.

That and holy crap on Tails gets trolled. I was just going along reading a horrible comic, then this happened:

XPWkO1G.jpg

and I died laughing.

This might just be me being drunk, but that was the funniest shit since Trix rabbit.

CorvoSol

XPWkO1G.jpg

and I died laughing.

The best part of it for me is still Knux going "This was fun we should do this again some time." They freaking stood their and watched Shadow brutally murder dudes and then spent the day burying them and Knux is like "LOL this was great guys."

I dont have context to what this is, however from what I can tell from the thread. Its awful, can anyone give me some context, besides the obvious content of the comic and the ... interesting art style. Who is the guy and the woman?

From what I've gathered the guy and his wife/girlfriend at the time were going to have a baby and then it miscarried, that put a toll on the relationship that was already rocky then they broke up and he made a comic about it for some reason.

Then everyone made fun of him for it because it was stupid.

Dr.Acula

Banned
God, anyone remember Real Life Comics? I used to read it when the author did mostly Ultima Online humor. Then the strip got just awful, it was him moving, or getting married or some shit.

I should read more Awkward Zombie. I only read a few ones and I liked them. I think the most popular one was her comic about playing Pokemon through different stagea of school.

And yeah I agree. I LOVE her facial expressions.

I don't think hejibits was mentioned here. Good comic imho.

Edit: apparently I clicked last page instead of next page so I missed the mention in this topic. Oh well.

Chinner

Banned
Brevity is the soul of wit.

t43pMRh.png

Plus they did it about a month earlier.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/19

yeah, the other one needs editing down, but the images in this are just really static and boring. it's almost approaching CAD levels. at least the other one is has more dynamic shots and and a funnier art style. i'm not really bothered who tells the joke first, because every joke is pretty much a rehash of something, its just about who delivers it in a fresh or interesting way. the other comic spends too much time setting up the joke, but it plays with a little and is a little silly about it, but PA's delivery is genuinely boring, and the delivery is something i've seen a million times in a saturday mornig cartoon.

cut out the first 4 panels of the other comic so it just starts with joel shouting 'ellie' and it'd cut out hte fluff and id say its easilyt better than pa.

I don't see what relevance the release date of the first game has either; it was funny then, and it has becoming increasingly ridiculous. Is there an statute of limitations on how old something is to make a joke about it? How dare anyone parody games from the 80 and 90's like Mario and Sonic!

You don't like the comic, that's all fine; there's no need for you to give some straw-grasping justification for your opinion. It just sounds like you wanted to make the author look ignorant for not knowing the series for as long as you do (and that's probably not even true).
Old jokes tend to be tired. No one's stopping one from making the joke, just don't count on everyone still finding it funny a decade later. I would imagine parodying a staple from a Mario and Sonic game to be completely unfunny as well given there are things in these games that are 3 and 2 decades old.

I don't really see how I'm grasping at straws for not finding it funny but okay. I didn't accuse the author of being ignorant, just making an unfunny comic in a thread full of them.

It's satire dude
Yeah, just not good satire.

Can somebody explain what was so bad about this CAD comic?
Was it offensive to people who had undergone such a tragedy? Why?

The delivery was fucking awful, it was a pathetic attempt of awful bideo james comic to get real and Tim Buckley in general is a horrible human being. What's not to hate

The delivery was fucking awful, it was a pathetic attempt of awful bideo james comic to get real and Tim Buckley in general is a horrible human being. What's not to hate

Well Tim is definitely an idiot but what horrible thing has he done?
I rarely follow web-comic behind the scenes drama and just read them.

Mmmm it's not a parody, it's dead serious. And that's the amazing thing, lol.

"trolls be trollin"

"i dropped your brother's wario and waluigi at the park acouple of months ago"

"i don't even love your mom" (mother laughs maniacally)

Come on. Sonichu is dead serious, this is trying too hard to be absurd to not be a parody of bad fan comics.

"trolls be trollin"

Come on. Sonichu is dead serious, this is trying too hard to be absurd to not be a parody of bad fan comics.

Dude, believe or not. It's dead serious, I swear. Google "Lazerbot ED".

"trolls be trollin"

Sonichu is dead serious but is bad in the sense that is truly bad.

Meanwhile, this is bad but is funny because of the insanity mixed with some decent craft... That it takes itself Serious.

Also, Chris is more infamous as a person
Still didn't deserve to get his house burned by accident.

aravuus

"trolls be trollin"

Until you provide proof, I shall not stop believing! BELIEVE!

(seriously though, "uhhh it's obvious" is obviously not enough)

Not

Banned
I also remember laughing at a few Manly Guys strips, especially this one:

2010-04-26.jpg

But it's not consistently that funny anymore

EDIT: oops wrong one. fixed

Roto13

Mikes art is extremely inconsistent right now, hes chasing Stephen Silver too much.

Good layouts and color separation, really bad line quality and character/narrative consistency

Mike recently decided that he wishes he was John Kricfalusi so most strips are ugly now.

Old jokes tend to be tired. No one's stopping one from making the joke, just don't count on everyone still finding it funny a decade later. I would imagine parodying a staple from a Mario and Sonic game to be completely unfunny as well given there are things in these games that are 3 and 2 decades old.

I don't really see how I'm grasping at straws for not finding it funny but okay. I didn't accuse the author of being ignorant, just making an unfunny comic in a thread full of them.

Yeah, just not good satire.

Find me a comic that does that joke better.

Top Bottom