• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of all the bad videogame webcomics, which is the worst?

the chris

msgvj.jpg

Apprently e-mailed this to some kid in high school for using fan art of Ethan in a project

E: Oh geez, forgot about this one

6xaS614.png

He quickly changed the last panel.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
After looking through here I am so glad I dont know what the fuck most of these "web comics" are D:

Fandangox

The best about tails gets trolled is that you really can't tell if its being done badly on purpose or not, and its one of the things that just make the whole thing more interesting in a funny way.

msgvj.jpg

Apprently e-mailed this to some kid in high school for using fan art of Ethan in a project

Oh nice, threatening high school kids with legal action over what im guessing was fan art (?) is a super-classy move. Maybe the creator should be less paranoid about sub-par animations floating around the internet and more concerned about, well, THIS floating around the internet.

L Thammy

There was one webcomic that aped Penny Arcade's "two gamers" schtick but added a boatload of chauvinism. And, of course, horrible art. They also seemed to be fond of dissing Penny Arcade for its "edgy violence". Can't remember the name or the life of me.

And whoever posted Hark! A Vagrant a while ago, you have good taste. Off-topic as it might be.

vV6QOFI.gif

Hs5e8nG.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
On the subject of terrible video game webcomics, the home of Christian Weston Chandler (creator of Sonichu) was set ablaze. He's okay, but he lost a lot of stuff. When you consider what his house looked like (his mother's a hoarder) then it was only inevitable it would happen.

Loxley

What's funny about PA is that their secondary comics that aren't PA itself have eclipsed the actual main comic in quality. Honestly I get the impression that Mike and Jerry have been having more fun over the last few years working on side projects like Daughters of Eyrewood and such. After doing video game jokes for over a decade, I can imagine the novelty wearing thin after a while.

Penny Arcade isn't as laugh-out-loud funny as it used to be, and I think that's a direct result of the guys pouring more of themselves into other things. Mike, for all of his faults, has blossomed into one of the best artists in all of web-comics. He clearly enjoys the side projects since he gets to flex his artistic muscles way more than he does in the main strip.

Back on topic, CAD was, is, and always will be my least favorite web-comic.

Lunar15

I knew about stopping to make them - but disliking them, really? Why??!

To clarify: She doesn't dislike them, she's just moved on from them. She has other non gaming projects she's focusing on and doesn't really want people bringing up those older comics all the time. As good as they were, I really love her new comic, though: Cucumber Quest.

It's not gaming related, but anyone who's played Paper Mario 1/2 can see a few similarities. Some of the humor of her previous comics is in there too.

ZenaxPure

Wait, was this an example of a bad one? Because I got a laugh out of it and I don't know if I should feel bad about that.

Penny Arcade isn't as laugh-out-loud funny as it used to be, and I think that's a direct result of the guys pouring more of themselves into other things. Mike, for all of his faults, has blossomed into one of the best artists in all of web-comics. He clearly enjoys the side projects since he gets to flex his artistic muscles way more than he does in the main strip.

Yeah, I actually don't consider PA bad. There is a lot of bad comics in this thread but personally when it comes to PA it's either just meh or funny. Sometimes they will get a laugh out of me or I just find it boring and move on. Nothing they've done have made me cringe or feel embarrassed like some of the stuff posted here (mostly the CAD comics... ugh).

Also yeah, this tails stuff is amazing lol.

Card Boy

Banned
Don't remind me. I fucking bought the DVDs of season 1and paid for CAD Premium. Worst money I've ever spent on game-related shit, and I've bought multiple copies of Sonic 06, Bomberman Act Zero, and Mad Catz controllers for 5th gen systems. Perhaps I am being unfair to it because I wasted on it, but has it actually gotten better? Haven't read anything in like 2 months.

379ch.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
What's funny about PA is that their secondary comics that aren't PA itself have eclipsed the actual main comic in quality. Honestly I get the impression that Mike and Jerry have been having more fun over the last few years working on side projects like Daughters of Eyrewood and such. After doing video game jokes for over a decade, I can imagine the novelty wearing thin after a while.

Back on topic, CAD was, is, and always will be my least favorite web-comic.

Mikes art is extremely inconsistent right now, hes chasing Stephen Silver too much.

Good layouts and color separation, really bad line quality and character/narrative consistency

Top Bottom