• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: We're upping our investment with first party and committed to innovate

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Is there a list of Mircrosoft published games at the conference?

Forza 7, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 are the only ones I could easily tell. Aren't those all games announced years ago at that??

Think they need to up their investement substational more. There was a disturbing lack of 1st party and to launch a new super console with very little new exclusives.

People actually expected a lot of new exclusives? Because I sure didn't. Are we forgetting that they don't really have a lot of studios?

It was this year that they said they would be showing the same kind of dedication they showed to the Xbox platform for the first party. No way can we already see results of that now.

Hopefully we see a change next year.

Alexious

Sony is going to crush it tomorrow with PS4 exclusives and possibly even a price cut for the Pro. Microsoft doesn't seem to have any cards left, honestly.

People actually expected a lot of new exclusives? Because I sure didn't. Are we forgetting that they don't really have a lot of studios?

It was this year that they said they would be showing the same kind of dedication they showed to the Xbox platform for the first party. No way can we already see results of that now.

Hopefully we see a change next year.

I was hoping for like.. One. Maybe.

I had a feeling this thread would pop up again...Man I really got kicked in the balls tonight " I know y'all wanted Crimson Skies, but we wouldn't dare pore money into a AAA 4k Xbox1X sequel but here you can play the game like its 2000 again. Damn you Phil!!!!!

SaucyJack

They're not Sony guys. They aren't announcing their 2019 and 2020 titles. All their first party games shown release in the next nine months (I believe) I think it's safe to assume they will still be releasing games after that point.

But hell yes it would have been nice to see one new first party game.

No siree, only announcing games coming soon...... that have been shown 3 or 4 times already 😏

Crackdown 3, Cuphead - E3 2014, releasing 2017.

Sea of Thieves - E3 2015, releasing 2018.

State of Decay 2 - E3 2016, releasing 2018.

Just for example.

All video game companies show games that are coming soon along with games that are coming less soon.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Microsoft are still playing catch up and with how long it takes to develop games, my guess is this investment isn't really gonna start paying off for them until the end of this gen and the start of next gen.

Hopefully we start hearing more news of them starting up studios and maybe even buying some.

They're not Sony guys. They aren't announcing their 2019 and 2020 titles. All their first party games shown release in the next nine months (I believe) I think it's safe to assume they will still be releasing games after that point.

But hell yes it would have been nice to see one new first party game.
When were Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay announced? Yeah.

MS are no better than Sony when it comes to this stuff, meaning that it's pretty likely that they've got jack shit they are actually ready to show, other than what we saw. Expect the next big unannounced Xbox game to be released early 2020, if we're lucky.

People need to face reality now.

People need to let go of the fantasy that MS is going to be releasing big new IP/fist party single player games. Those largely seem to be disappearing from their lineup. Except for a few mainstays. Which I personally like... but not everyone does.

If you like multiplayer games, though, it's not so bad.

squidyj

This was when they really needed to show good on that so called investment, demonstrate value for prospective XB1X customers.

They didn't.

kadotsu

Banned
People need to let go of the fantasy that MS is going to be releasing big new IP/fist party single player games. Those largely seem to be disappearing from their lineup. Except for a few mainstays. Which I personally like... but not everyone does.

If you like multiplayer games, though, it's not so bad.

What new 1st party MP games were announced today?

yoplay

So change was suppose to happen overnight for some of you, huh?

It better happen fast if u r going to spend $499 on the X. New gen will start around 2020. Or do u want a situation like the Wii U where the new games are allocated to a new console? Not a wise move by them.

Niks

In context to purchasing a $499 console, thats why. Ori is a solid game, but it's not AAA and they needed to sell this 4k HDR push. They did not.

Yup Ori and Cuphead look amazing, but they will play just fine on a regular Xbox one.

No siree, only announcing games coming soon...... that have been shown 3 or 4 times already 😏

Crackdown 3, Cuphead - E3 2014, releasing 2017.

Sea of Thieves - E3 2015, releasing 2018.

State of Decay 2 - E3 2016, releasing 2018.

Just for example.

All video game companies show games that are coming soon along with games that are coming less soon.
also for what it's worth all of those games can be played on windows too right?

which is good for pc owners but makes it that much harder to sell the xb1/xbx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom