• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it look good for Spider-Man since Insomniac didn't deny their presence yet?

Only game I want to see. Dead IP's should stay dead. Knack is the future. Maybe skins for Knack 2, not more.

On the last of us 2, do you think it will be a sequel or a prequel? On the one hand, a prequel showing the first months of the society trying to fight the virus etc. would be very nice, but on the other hand, it has to be a sequel because this way they can develop the gameplay more. Spoilers for the last of us:
I mean, if the new game is set some years after the first one, we can see new enemies developed from a new form of the virus, we can see an older Joel who might die and Ellie as the protagonist which can lead to some very good stuff.

On the last of us 2, do you think it will be a sequel or a prequel? On the one hand, a prequel showing the first months of the society trying to fight the virus etc. would be very nice, but on the other hand, it has to be a sequel because this way they can develop the gameplay more. Spoilers for the last of us:
I mean, if the new game is set some years after the first one, we can see new enemies developed from a new form of the virus, we can see an older Joel who might die and Ellie as the protagonist which can lead to some very good stuff.

No more Ellie and Joel, please. Their story is finished.

h0mebas3

Sorry if this has been answered but I'm coming in from out of town and I'm curious how badge pick up works on Saturday?

Don't want to miss the keynote.

One thing about the Marvel 4 thing: The rumor states that it's going to be revealed after the grand finals of the Capcom Cup tournament on Saturday that takes place at PSX. If you're looking for Marvel, I'd look there, instead of the main conference or whatever.

I enter this thread to see tlou2, wipeout, mvc4 being casually tossed around in conversation lol Jesus christ. I remember the feeling I had after the paragon trailer last year and the lights came on and the crowd started filing out. Never again, never again. I'm expecting a similar show to last year and that's all I will allow myself to expect. Hope you all enjoy the hype train.

I think it will be a sequel and
it won't be about Joel or Ellie. I hope that when you're passing through a town or something you either see them as a background character or something like that.

If this was E3 2017, I would say go all in. Especially with how Sony's last two E3 shows went.

PSX?

Nah.

Never forget PSX 2014 and what Shu said about PSX.

PSX 2014 where they announced Street Fighter V, then 2015 where they announced Ni no Kuni II and showed off FFVII R gameplay? I'm getting hype.

I enter this thread to see tlou2, wipeout, mvc4 being casually tossed around in conversation lol Jesus christ. I remember the feeling I had after the paragon trailer last year and the lights came on and the crowd started filing out. Never again, never again. I'm expecting a similar show to last year and that's all I will allow myself to expect. Hope you all enjoy the hype train.

I mean, a lot of these are Shinobi backed. Theres a long list of people who have doubted him in the past and got proven wrong. At this point, I really wouldn't wanna add my name to that shame list.

To be fair Shinobi did say (and I'm paraphrasing) that TLOU2 will show up before E3 2017, which doesn't necessarily mean PSX. It could just show up at a separate January event dedicated to it or something. Would be nice for him to come out and directly confirm it for PSX tho, if that's what he meant.

Lol, yeah. I have no idea why people keep doing this to themselves each year. Just accept PSX as a smaller event and treat it like that.

Lol, yeah. I have no idea why people keep doing this to themselves each year. Just accept PSX as a smaller event and treat it like that.

I have no expectations for TLoU2 being unveiled there. That's just too big of a game. But what's so hard to believe about Wipeout or Marvel? Both are the types of games that would be at risk of being overshadowed at E3, but would be absolute stars at an event like PSX. The same thing that happened with SFV, Ni no Kuni 2 and Ace Combat 7.

Neoxon

I have no expectations for TLoU2 being unveiled there. That's just too big of a game. But what's so hard to believe about Wipeout or Marvel? Both are the types of games that would be at risk of being overshadowed at E3, but would be absolute stars at an event like PSX. The same thing that happened with SFV, Ni no Kuni 2 and Ace Combat 7.
To be fair, MvC4 was considered to be a little far-fetched for the near future.

Neoxon

Just to temper expectations, even if MvC4 is happening, we may not see it at the actual PSX conference. It may be saved for the Capcom Cup, which takes place the day after the PSX press conference.

I guess MvC4 could be what SFV was in 2014.

Jawmuncher

Even with what Shu said, it's not like things can't change.
Better to make expectations mild and then surprise people, rather than get hopes up every time.

If I was in his shoes, I would say the same thing.
Not like you would get in trouble for having a big announcement at PSX after you said there wouldn't be.

I just pray they end the conference on something universally praised.
Paragon as a show closer was the oddest thing. Easily should have been Paragon as the opener and FF7R as the closer.

I was mostly referring to TLOU2.

In regards to MvC4 it's more the situation around that particular title and the timing of it being relatively soon after Capcom and Marvel's break up over UMvC3, that makes it a little hard to believe. So it's like MvC4 is hard to believe for "this" PSX.

Although, I do admit that right now I'm quite hyped about MvC4 myself.

This right here. I'll just assume we're gonna get another masturbatory shitshow and maybe be surprised if it's not.

I wonder if Mass Effect pulls double duty at the Keighley's and PSX

At E3 EA have pulled the 2 part demo trick before where they would do part one of a demo at the EA show and end of a cliff hanger then say "find out what happens at the Microsoft / Sony conference tomorrow"

We had some pretty big announcements at PSX, like SF V, Ni no Kuni 2, Rez Infinite and the first gameplay of Uncharted 4 and the FF VII remake. And those were in years with European conferences. Not unreasonable to expect some biggies.

We had some pretty big announcements at PSX, like SF V, Ni no Kuni 2, Rez Infinite and the first gameplay of Uncharted 4 and the FF VII remake. And those were in years with European conferences. Not unreasonable to expect some biggies.

The best mentality should be anyone can expect what they want but don't hold a complaint to Sony for not making their own expectations reality. I have hopes for some new ips but not going to complaint if nothing shows up.

Lucreto

Meh to Spiderman, MvsC4 and Wipeout. I have no interest in either.

Since people are going mad with dream announcements there is mine

Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy VII Remake

I wonder if Mass Effect pulls double duty at the Keighley's and PSX

At E3 EA have pulled the 2 part demo trick before where they would do part one of a demo at the EA show and end of a cliff hanger then say "find out what happens at the Microsoft / Sony conference tomorrow"

I think it would be something like showing off multiplayer at PSX and early access to the beta.

The best mentality should be anyone can expect what they want but don't hold a complaint to Sony for not making their own expectations reality. I have hopes for some new ips but not going to complaint if nothing shows up.

I'm a modest guy, I don't ask for much.

Demon's Souls remaster, Bloodborne Pro patch and Matterfall gameplay will do.

Edit: Well, looking at Housemarque's Twitter, I can probably scratch MatterFall. :(

Memento

I dont understand how people can say PSX is for "small games", when:

- Uncharted 4 first gameplay ever was debuted at PSX

- Street Fighter V was announced at PSX

- Ni no Kuni 2 was announced at PSX

- Final Fantasy VII Remake first game footage ever debuted at PSX

And this year is especially interesting because E3 was basically Sony's only big show this year since there was no Gamescom or Paris Games Week and the Pro Reveal and TGS were super weak on showing new games or even updating already announced ones.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I couldn't see anything in the first post, do we know what time the show begins in GMT? just so I know if I'm staying up late or not.

Not related but:

CyS7Ki4XAAAG8qg.jpg

TREASON?! WE'VE BEEN FOOLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom