• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a modest guy, I don't ask for much.

Demon's Souls remaster, Bloodborne Pro patch and Matterfall gameplay will do.

Edit: Well, looking at Housemarque's Twitter, I can probably scratch MatterFall. :(

Oddly enough you got two of my picks. I'm even more ambitious and hoping for a dark/demon souls collection. Square enix skipping removes a lot of big hitters for me so resting on dmc5 to be it this year.

Not related but:

CyS7Ki4XAAAG8qg.jpg

TREASON?! WE'VE BEEN FOOLED

Lol, it's a sign, Knack PS+ and sequel announcement imminent!

To be fair, MvC4 was considered to be a little far-fetched for the near future.

I guess MvC4 could be what SFV was in 2014.

I was mostly referring to TLOU2.

In regards to MvC4 it's more the situation around that particular title and the timing of it being relatively soon after Capcom and Marvel's break up over UMvC3, that makes it a little hard to believe. So it's like MvC4 is hard to believe for "this" PSX.

Although, I do admit that right now I'm quite hyped about MvC4 myself.

I'm certainly not saying any of them will be announced there. I just think that they would fit into the format that Sony seems to aim for with the event. It seems more like a fanservice event. About games that don't necessarily have massive following, but rather a very dedicated one.

As far as Capcom and Marvel's recent breakup goes, Marvel has since made a new commitment to gaming. It's new publicly but not for them as a company as we know that Spider-man has been in development for a while. MvC is also the most consistent Marvel gaming property. It's the one where they never have to worry about the quality. Which is important since they don't want their games to come across as shovelware anymore. It's really a deal that works great for both Capcom and Marvel.

I dont understand how people can say PSX is for "small games", when:

- Uncharted 4 first gameplay ever was debuted at PSX

- Street Fighter V was announced at PSX

- Ni no Kuni 2 was announced at PSX

- Final Fantasy VII Remake first game footage ever debuted at PSX

And this year is especially interesting because E3 was basically Sony's only big show this year since there was no Gamescom or Paris Games Week and the Pro Reveal and TGS were super weak on showing new games or even updating already announced ones.
I'm just going off what Shu said.

Granted, the circumstances this year (No Gamescom/PGS and a poor TGS showing) are unique and, as you pointed out, there have been some fairly big announcements among the smaller stuff.

I think it is just better to be on the side of caution with this event but we'll see. If nothing happens this year, it will be indisputable as to the sort of expectations someone should have regardless of what happens though the year.

Does the "conference" start at 10am PST this year?
Yes.

Nice, Kojima confirmed.

Does Sony upload their panels to youtube or no?
Yes they do

Speaking of which I'm super excited for all 4 panels we know about (well in this case it's pretty obvious). IF TLOU2 is announced I'm sure one of the others will be a ND panel

PSX as a whole is shaping up nicely this year

tr00per

I just pray they end the conference on something universally praised.
Paragon as a show closer was the oddest thing. Easily should have been Paragon as the opener and FF7R as the closer.

Why does everyone forget that they pulled an announcement from psx 16? (days gone or crash iirc)

Come on Gio, give us those vita ports of Snatcher and Policenauts, it'd be a good segway to Kojima's arrival on stage.

Kojima could make those announcements on stage himself. It'd be way more interesting than anything he has to say about Death Stranding at this point.

Shredderi

I don't really have any expectations announcement-wise. I'm actually really excited to see more footage of games we already know about. I wanna see more about Days Gone and Horizon.

BigEmil

Come on Gio, give us those vita ports of Snatcher and Policenauts, it'd be a good segway to Kojima's arrival on stage.
They should port/remaster some 1st party Vita games to PS4, would love to play Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Wipeout 2048 Remastered.
Bluepoint Freedom Wars remaster sound plausible

Normally I'd be super excited like the rest of you but I'm going to be on a plane for the whole duration of the conference and likely many hours thereafter :(

Is there going to be a link I can bookmark to watch the stream raw without having to dodge spoilers on Gaf in the process? Guess it'll be uploaded to YouTube shortly after?

What time is it? It's prediction time.

- Opening with Uncharted 4 DLC announcement
- Shawn Layden stage time
- Crash Remastered gameplay
- Days Gone release date
- Horizon trailer, delayed to May 2017

- Shu comes up
- Gravity Rush 2 gameplay trailer
- Gravity Rush Remastered free for Plus subscribers
- Everybody's Golf release date
- Knack 2; Keep on Knackin announcement
- NiOh trailer
- REVIIL gameplay trailer

- Someone who replaced Adam comes up
- Detroid release date
- Announcement of a Remaster, either Demon Souls or RDR
- Dreams gameplay trailer
- Indie reel
- Shenmue 3 trailer
- A trailer for Street Fighter V Season 2 comes up, or so thought the audience ..... then comes Spiderman swinging in. Yeah, it's MVC4!!
- One comes up on Stage and shows the real trailer for Season 2
- VR session

- Gio time
- Some Vita love
- Let it Die release date
- Yakuza 6 localization announcement
- oh, and also Yakuza Kiwami
- Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay trailer
- A new game from Double Fine
- Drawn to Death release date

- Andrew is in the house
- Sales data
- Pro patches for some games being announced
- Christmas Bundles
- Closing with a trailer for Spiderman

Neoxon

So GAF, assuming that MvC4 is even happening, which reveal order would you prefer?
  • MvC4 during the PSX press conference, SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals
  • SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference, MvC4 after Capcom Cup grand finals
  • Both MvC4 & SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference
  • Both MvC4 & SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals

So, what would people say are the chances for something FF7R related at PSX?

im not sure about that one - it might be that Square Enix is keeping new infos back because FFXV just came out and they don't want to distract the attention from that Game.

thats something that especially SE takes seriously

SmokeMaxX

So GAF, assuming that MvC4 is even happening, which reveal order would you prefer?
  • MvC4 during the PSX press conference, SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals
  • SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference, MvC4 after Capcom Cup grand finals

Definitely both sometime during Capcom Cup. I got Finals the week after. Ain't noone got time to watch all of PSX and CC lol.

[*]Both MvC4 & SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference
Both at presser. I ain't watching the finals or at least have no plan to watch them atm. (I don't even know when is that suppose to happen)

BigEmil

[*]Both MvC4 & SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals
This makes most sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom