• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it'll be better than the last 2 PSX shows...

The Last 2... hmmmm

giphy.gif

Guys, shinobi ignoring DMC5 questions pretty much says it all...
IT'S HAPPENING!!!
DMC5 and mvc4 in the same show? That's one hell of a double whammy!

As a fan of Japanese games, I thought last years PSX was better than E3 this year. So, if this show is better than that one then i'd say that is a pretty high bar.
Yup, as far as Japanese games go, last year's show was really solid. They just need a better trailer to end the show.

Yup, as far as Japanese games go, last year's show was really solid. They just need a better trailer to end the show.

While it wouldn't be a trailer, speculation is that the KojiPro deal was supposed to close last years show. That would've been huge, but of course Konami basically shut Kojima down during that period. He wasn't even allowed to accept an award for MGSV at the TGA's.

While it wouldn't be a trailer, speculation is that the KojiPro deal was supposed to close last years show. That would've been huge, but of course Konami basically shut Kojima down during that period. He wasn't even allowed to accept an award for MGSV at the TGA's.
Yeah I heard about that. Kinda makes sense with kojima appearing in a video with andrew house after psx.

Where is the Last of Us 2 speculation coming from? Seems way too early to be showing that, we don't even know what the Uncharted 4 DLC is yet

Where is the Last of Us 2 speculation coming from? Seems way too early to be showing that, we don't even know what the Uncharted 4 DLC is yet

shinobi told someone that they may not have to wait until E3 for its reveal. He didn't say anything about PSX. That's purely speculation from others since E3 is the first major gaming show of the year (excluding GDC, which usually isn't for major game announcements).

shinobi told someone that they may not have to wait until E3 for its reveal. He didn't say anything about PSX. That's purely speculation from others since E3 is the first major gaming show of the year (excluding GDC, which usually isn't for major game announcements).

Oh really? Hell yeah if that happens I'm just shocked they would already have it in a presentable state. I figured Fall next year would be the earliest it would get shown.

It could just be a small teaser akin to how UC4 got revealed.

Still UC4 released this year. I assumed that project was all hands on board.

If they are showing it now it's likely not releasing until 2018 at the earliest. I'm just personally not a fan of revealing far off games anymore. That said Sony seem fine with doing it.

Wish more publishers would stick with the 1 year from reveal to release mind set

Tonky

While ND did just release UC4 earlier this year, it's been 3.5 years since TLOU...so a teaser should be right on schedule.

sony likes to keep naughty dog in the public eye
tlou teaser was 2 years before it's release
3 years for uc4
so 2019 is probably when tlou2 would come out (factoring in one delay, 2 would be 2020 with a potential ps5 port at that point).

While ND did just release UC4 earlier this year, it's been 3.5 years since TLOU...so a teaser should be right on schedule.

The question is are they a multi game studio now? If so it's on schedule and I heard they were sort of a 2 team studio a bit back, but I just figured UC4 had the vast majority of ND on it to get it shipped. Especially given it was delayed and entirely reworked. How many people could have realistically been actively working on a Last of Us sequel?

If they are gonna reveal it we likely have a 2 years wait ahead of us still at least. Not uncommon but I just wish the industry would move a bit away from that.

Urgh no low context teasers pls. At least a 2 minute in engine trailer ala UC4's second trailer if you really have to announce it so early.

And just like UC4 it will be revealed way too early.

Still UC4 released this year. I assumed that project was all hands on board.

If they are showing it now it's likely not releasing until 2018 at the earliest. I'm just personally not a fan of revealing far off games anymore. That said Sony seem fine with doing it.

Wish more publishers would stick with the 1 year from reveal to release mind set
I just wouldn't go in expecting anything more than that. It is enough as is to even expect anything TLoU 2 to show up. :p I agree with what you're all saying though. Than again, I think it is further ahead than we think.

The thing about Uncharted 4 being announce too early is that at first that may not have been true. Amy Hennig was working on U4 since U3. U4 was revealed in late 2013, meaning that it was most likely meant to be a 2015 game. (Doubt it was going to 2014 since they didn't put a date on the teaser).

Of course I'm just speculating. But I'm a believer of 2 teams.

Boke1879

I said it in the other thread, but it really sucks that MVC4 got leaked. That would have been an awesome surprise and would have shocked a lot of people imo.

Now. Everyone just expects it

I said it in the other thread, but it really sucks that MVC4 got leaked. That would have been an awesome surprise and would have shocked a lot of people imo.

Now. Everyone just expects it

My opinion on leaks has always been, give em to me unless the reveal event is less than 2 months away or something.

Like, in case of SF5 it was Capcoms own fault and can't be helped. On MVC4 I wish people would have just stayed quiet and let people be happily surprised in 1 week.

It must really suck for people hard at work on these games and finally approach the grand reveal only for it to be leaked.

sora87

sony likes to keep naughty dog in the public eye
tlou teaser was 2 years before it's release
3 years for uc4
so 2019 is probably when tlou2 would come out (factoring in one delay, 2 would be 2020 with a potential ps5 port at that point).

It would suck if all ND got out the door this gen was 2 games, both sequels. :(

PSX last year completely killed my inner PlayStation fanboy. I have no hype going into this years show. It's felt like for the last 3 years Sony has been little more than a marketing machine for 3rd party publishers.

Elios83

The Last 2... hmmmm

giphy.gif

OH what have you found :D

Btw Naughty Dog has a history of teasing their games in December.
I'm not expecting anything besides the U4 DLC, but a small 60 seconds teaser simply annoucing TLOU2 with the full announcement at E3 next year wouldn't certainly shock me.

they probably won't want to port games unless the games have an immediate future in development (gravity rush) or critically acclaimed (tearaway)
Sure, I was just looking at it more from a gamer perspective of wanting everything lol.

Yeah i wouldn't mind ss but toukiden kinda scratches that itch.
Ah, I see. Honestly, I just know the name of those games but I am not really sure what type of games they are. I just want more Vita stuff after having enjoyed Gravity Rush lol.

This can still happen if it turns out to be console exclusive.
That wouldn't be the good kind of surprise and shock though. It would even turn annoying because that would be part of the focus of the announcement.

So what is happening with that WiLD game made by sheep studios? Can't remember the last time we've had a update on it but I hope it makes a appearance at PSX this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom