• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Press Conference in Japan on Sep 13

It would be in their own interest to have some Japanese JRPG staples for their lineup just to add more value to their exclusive portfolio.

Now that pretty much most Japanese publishers are now considering PC, it's pointless for Sony to keep making deals with them just for a small window of timed exclusivity.

They should be like Nintendo and focus on a few Japanese JRPG IPs and stick with them and help them grow. Xenoblade and Fire Emblem are worthwhile IPs for Nintendo which sell very well overall and really Sony should have theirs too.

I'm assuming an announcement like this would cater for the Japanese market first and foremost where PC is a non-issue.

Given how the IP continued to tumble with each new entry (415k -> 280k -> 278k -> 186k -> 117k), I'm not sure this is as wise a choice as just making a fresh start with something else, too.

FelipeMGM

Bloodborne 2 wont be there guys...

Because it will be at NEO event running at 1080p 60fps!!, includes patch for OG Bloodborne for 60fps magic!

Here hoping for Ps vita trinity...bumped up specs, hdmi out so I can use it with the hmz-3tw on the go while Im constantly on bussiness trips!

I would be happy if they showed more from Ni no Kuni II.

Something new from From Software would also be amazing, though I'm not really expecting it.

Is it possible that DQXI makes an appearance, or they will have their own event again?

klee123

I'm assuming an announcement like this would cater for the Japanese market first and foremost where PC is a non-issue.

Given how the IP continued to tumble with each new entry (415k -> 280k -> 278k -> 186k -> 117k), I'm not sure this is as wise a choice as just making a fresh start with something else, too.

I agree that they should start from fresh unless they really do push the Wild Arms franchise.

That said, I'd be happier if it was something completely new.

This is to announce the two month Last Guardian delay ;)

BooThisMan.gif

barybll

Banned
Im expecting Danganronpa V3, Ni no Kuni, The Last Guardian, the ever present yakuza, maybe some p5 release reminder, conishiwa and some pleasant surprises.

DKHF

so what actually has a legit chance of appearing?

i want Ni no Kuni 2
IMO the certainties are:
Gravity Rush 2
New Minna no Golf
Yakuza 6
Persona 5 (some mention/short promo for the launch which is 2 days later)
KH2.8
NieR: Automata trailer
RE7
New Danganronpa V3
SaGa Scarlet Grace
Nioh

Some Nobody

What this thread needs is a set of good Verendus hints lol. Some stuff to get us on the right track so we don't throw out things like Final Fantasy XVI and be (for whatever reason) seriously. Someone shine the Batistia-signal!

Asd202

IMO the certainties are:
Gravity Rush 2
New Minna no Golf
Yakuza 6
KH2.8
RE7
New Danganronpa V3
SaGa Scarlet Grace
Nioh

XV will be there for sure.

wapplew

So, Playstaion official weibo just announced PlayStation Asia conference at 8th of September.
I guess Neo/Slim going to be worldwide release?

Danganronpav3 pupupup leggo

yep what I want most from this.

It's very likely not coming in 2016 as promised though IMO (perhaps date was projected *before* the whole "DR3 is 24 episodes" thing).

the only other thing I could think of is V(II)TA, and that ain't happening

TGS, Japan-specific presser, a week after the announcement of Slim and Neo. This will be mostly Japan-centric titles, and I assume a strong push for VR in the Japanese market to boost PS4 sales.

THE:MILKMAN

Sorry if this has already been asked....

So Sony have made a blog post to announce a conference at TGS a week after the PS meeting yet have not made such a post for that?

Seems odd to me unless plans have now changed with the slim leak?

IMO the certainties are:
Gravity Rush 2
New Minna no Golf
Yakuza 6
KH2.8
RE7
New Danganronpa V3
SaGa Scarlet Grace
Nioh
I think Marvelous Tamsoft will be there for sure. Either to announce new Onechanbara or Senran Kagura.

And I'd like to think that we'll definitely see something from Falcom.

To be honest I don't expect we see REmake 2 anytime soon either :(

Yeah, I've heard somewhere that they've apparently said they won't show REmake 2 before RE7 is out which is disappointing to older RE fans such as myself, cause I really wanna see a classic non-FPS RE game.

Wagram

Tokyo Game Show is arguably their best or second best show of the year. The last two years in particular have been pretty hype with only a few exceptions.

I hope they do the live english translation again.

I'll laugh my ass off if they announce Knack 2 at this thing. It'll be so awkward. And then I'll sob a bit at the thought at what we could be getting instead. But I'll mostly be laughing.

Looking forward to this though. The past two shows were pretty damn good. The double-whammy of Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2 last year blew my socks clean off.

Top Bottom