• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon GO is now the biggest mobile game in U.S. history (by peak DAU)

AndyD

aka andydumi
This game is killer. It's still clunky as fuck but it'll get better and it's actively taking over the world.

Im still not sure what I am doing other than I am currently collecting as many as I can find. Can I combine multiples? And I don't get the evolution thing at all. Ingress at least sort of explained things and let you be a one a grand team. Worth mentioning I have never played any Poke game ever.

Jesus at that stock rise. Somebody's doin the scrooge mcduck gold dive right about now.

Yesterday I felt crummy and thought my interest was waning in the app, today I feel rejuvenated and am bout to hit up a local paved trail near an outdoor mall that has a crap ton of stops along it. This game is brain control, and I love it :p

JoeM86

I really am happy with how well it's doing. Even in town here in the UK you can find a dozen people playing at any one time and it's not even out here yet
I'd be curious to know if sites like serebii.net are seeing a spike in traffic. (Joe, the webmaster, posts here, so maybe he can tell us.)

I have to imagine there are people out there who are looking up the list of Pokemon online to know what they have left to catch in Go.

They, in turn, may become interested in actual Pokemon games when they see all of the stuff offered in the other games.

I know most people don't want to go that deep, but there'll always be some who may, and that could benefit the main games.

Very much so. The hits this past week have been the highest since X & Y's launch.

BowieZ

Banned
Im still not sure what I am doing other than I am currently collecting as many as I can find. Can I combine multiples? And I don't get the evolution thing at all. Ingress at least sort of explained things and let you be a one a grand team. Worth mentioning I have never played any Poke game ever.
The trick is understanding that there are two simultaneous long-term goals (you can aim for either/both):

- collect all the Pokemon to complete your pokedex (sort of a nature book or essentially a stamp collection), this includes evolved Pokemon (which require candies to evolve, and to get enough candies to evolve a Pokemon you need to find multiple of that exact same type of Pokemon... I suggest you explore the various menus and click on things to get a sense of the economy involved)
- earn enough XP (experience points) from battling at gyms, practicing battles, and collecting and evolving Pokemon to be strong enough to take over a gym, for as long as possible.

I may be a little off here as I'm not a poke expert but this is coming from having had the game for a day or so and reading a few bits and bobs.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
If this app gets an integrated chat similar to stuff like whatsapp or line, the world is going to explode.

I hope not. Part of the fun is finding people out and about enjoying the same thing you do, talking to them and having fun going on a mini adventure to track down an elusive Pokemon. With chat I expect that to happen far less... Though, having someone scouting out Pokemon a bit further away from you might be handy.

Neiteio

I really am happy with how well it's doing. Even in town here in the UK you can find a dozen people playing at any one time and it's not even out here yet

Very much so. The hits this past week have been the highest since X & Y's launch.
Awesome to hear!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

If that happened since before Sun & Moon leaks, it's even more interesting.

Draxal

You should gets peeps in the UK to carry around you in a Celebi Palinquin.

Kurt

media_xll_8877810.png

Nice, it's really strange that it's even defeat facebook.

Dart

It will probably have because Ingress the previous Niantic game, has it.
Same with team chat.

That's actually a great idea, Team chat, for trading or some other way to organize an attack on a gym you would other wise have a hard time beating yourself.

Eventually we would be able to challenge other trainers we meet irl right? That would be awesome!

Shit is a cultural phenomenon is a matter of a few weeks after release. It's gonna be bigger than Pacman, Street Fighter 2, etc.

Neoxon

Shit is a cultural phenomenon is a matter of a few weeks after release. It's gonna be bigger than Pacman, Street Fighter 2, etc.
This could be huge for any Nintendo game featuring Pokémon, hence why The Pokémon Company needs to get that stick out of their ass & allow the Pokémon Amiibos to be used in more games (which, judging by the recent Kirby game, is what they may be doing).

Izayoi

Banned
Crazy to see Pokemon this popular again... I never thought I would see the day.

Nintendo has a monster on their hands, once more...

Top Bottom