• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

SR5 RYZEN CPU @ 2.8ghz 8 cores 8 threads
AMD VEGA CUSTOM GPU @ 977 MHZ 6.2 teraflops, 12gb GDDR5x RAM 320gb per second bandwidth

????????

This was in the Digital Foundry thread, the guy who posted it was banned (quick Google search can confirm this). If these specs are true and it sold for $399, I would be very surprised.

mocoworm

I am currently of the opinion that Phil Spencer deliberately low-balled the specs on the reveal last E3.

It will be more than 6Tflops and more than we have been led to believe in all other areas. Purely so that it would be a MEGATON reveal tomorrow. I mean, if it is as they said at E3 then there's not much news is there? We have sat on that info for almost 12 months and now it's time to blow our minds with the real specs.

I think this could, maybe, be a full next gen console. I mean, it's not impossible.

Phil wants to make his mark, and this would cement him in gaming history.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I am currently of the opinion that Phil Spencer deliberately low-balled the specs on the reveal last E3.

It will be more than 6Tflops and more than we have been led to believe in all other areas. Purely so that it would be a MEGATON reveal tomorrow. I mean, if it is as they said at E3 then there's not much news is there? We have sat on that info for almost 12 months and now it's time to blow our minds with the real specs.

I think this could, maybe, be a full next gen console. I mean, it's not impossible.

Honestly thought the same thing. Even with the bare info we've had its been getting a lot of attention this past year. Many friends on XBL discussing it even though they aren't really tech minded, they just see it as a new console with more power. Even had two who were thinking of getting a PS4 for GoW and Days Gone yet when I suggested they should get a Pro since they both have 4K tvs they honestly had no idea that it was a more powerful version just thinking it was a special bundle like MS did with the XB1 Elite.

Matt

lol, why would you post the exact same silly thing in two threads?

977 MHz at 50CU would be 6.25TFlops
50 CU would be a 52CU design with 2 deactivated

Still 48 or 52 is more likely, imho
48 full working CU at 977MHz are exactly 6TFlops btw

mike4001_

This maybe just wishful thinking. We might end up with 6,1 or 6,2 but not much more.

The same was true with PS4Pro where everyone hoped that we would get >4,2 TF ... and we all know how that turned out.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Every official reference to Scorpio's power since then, even this year, has mentioned 6TF.

People are setting themselves up to be disappointed when they announce that it is exactly what they said it would be.

bigJP

if it was me, i would rather low ball and impress people with how much stronger than initially planned than high ball and disappoint

They decided to lie to everyone for over a year about the specs, just to get a single "holy shit" reaction from enthusiasts on a Digital Foundry story?

Come on bruh.

BRUH.

Come on.

They decided to lie to everyone for over a year about the specs, just to get a single "holy shit" reaction from enthusiasts on a Digital Foundry story?

Come on bruh.

BRUH.

Come on.
Phil's gonna walk out and be like, gotcha! It will be glorious, just like sam bradford holding up the Lombardi trophy at the end of next season.

So there's going to be detailed info on how Scorpio improves current xbone and BC games tomorrow too. Just it's not just: Maximum resolution and no framedrops, but that they pull off some other tricks as well.

RootCause

So there's going to be detailed info on how Scorpio improves current xbone and BC games tomorrow too. Just it's not just: Maximum resolution and no framedrops, but that they pull off some other tricks as well.
is it possible to upscale 360/X1 games to 1080/4K? 0.o

JeffG

is it possible to upscale 360/X1 games to 1080/4K? 0.o

360 games no.

X1 games...maybe. But the odds of it working is very low. Similar to Durante's fix on the PC version of the Souls game. MS could intercept the DX call and change values. But how stable would the game be??? It would be a crapshoot.

Throwing hardware to get better performance within the bounds of the software is relatively easy. (Boost mode on PS4)

Zasa

kZgmqy.gif

Edit: Wrong thread, this saddens me

Chobel

mr-burns-laughing.gif

Top Bottom