• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

Iorv3th

Wow, great month.

Already have Yakuza 4 physical but will probably get it again so I can have it digital as well.

Tiu Neo

Whoa, the last few months were not that good, imo, but this one is amazing. Hope the US list is the same.

Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy.

Thief kinda interests me, but I never bought it.

870405_o.gif

Awesome, I'm very happy with this month. Transistor, Yakuza 4 and Rogue Legacy are great for me.

Too bad Yakuza 3 isn't on PSN, haven't played it yet :(

nampad

For me personally:

PS4: great, wanted both games and didn't buy Transistor waiting for a Vita port.
PS3: Yakuza is nice but honestly, not really interested in PS3 anymore. Not playing last gen multiports so Thief doesn't interest me.
Vita: Already bought Rogue Legacy which is great and not really expecting much of Kick and Fennick so a rather weak month.

OneUh8

Wow awesome offerings. Please be the same for NA. Already have Transistor, but glad everyone gets to play it now. Great game. Most excited for Rogue Legacy!

Is it a bad place to start?

Basically you're entering a long-running crime drama in the fourth season, to think of it in TV terms. But the game is self-contained and there are recaps of the previous games, so in theory it's easy to get caught up. My first Yakuza was 3, and though I probably missed the significance of various characters throughout, it was still enjoyable for me. If you're really worried I'm sure there are more elaborate synopses or videos you can watch to catch up.

A brief scan of eBay and Amazon suggests copies of Yakuza 1 aren't that hard to find. Yakuza 2 seems to be the hardest one to track down for cheap. Yakuza 3 should be relatively easy, as it's not that old.

Back to PS+: sucks that I bought Transistor in the holiday sale, but good for everyone that hasn't bought it yet, it works very well on PS4. Not so interested in Rogue Legacy because of the awful, awful scaling on Vita, but again should be decent on the home consoles. But yeah, Yakuza is the clear winner here, so amazing.

Hubb

The only game I own on that list is Transistor. Looking forward to giving a few of those games a go, but Rogue Legacy makes this month all by itself.

Cess007

I bought Yakuza 4 on December, but i ain't even mad that this is on Plus. Everyone in this planet should try it! :)

Also, hope this is for NA also. Wanna try Transistor :3

PSOreo

Fantastic line up. Half gutted I bought 'Transistor' already but it deserved the money to be fair. Is 'Rogue Legacy' and 'Apotheon' any good?

Labadal

4. Feb: Apotheon (PS4) Been following this for years, will play.
4. Feb: Transistor (PS4) Own this on PC but will play.
4. Feb: Thief (PS3) Will try to get into it once again, but it was shit the last I remember.
4. Feb: Yakuza 4 (PS3) Own, everyone needs to play this.
4. Feb: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy) Will play.
4. Feb: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita) Will try it.

http://blog.de.playstation.com/2015/...50129_39595197 (link is dead now lol)

Found by user YianGaruga--

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149663096&postcount=9515

Great month, except for THIEF.

delSai

Transistor is not meh

probably one of the best games of last year

It's really THAT good?
Finally going to play Transistor and Rogue Legacy then. Amazing month.

Some more AAA games. I obviously don't expect the available games to be that of the PS3 already, but how are Knack and Killzone not PS+ titles yet?
Maybe they're still selling. It's just a matter of time till Killzone is free, Japan already got it.

Top Bottom