• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR on the PS4 PRO - WOW! big difference

Are there improvements to the load times? my biggest gripe was sitting in complete darkness as I wait 1+ mins for a load logo or the game to appear on screen. This was a problem on the Demo disc and batman for me. The graphics look a lot better some im down for that.

Well, it has SATA3 so I'll assume adding an efficient drive will provide better load time.

zoukka

In london heist there's a better iq clearly and lightning
With robinson more foliage
With battlezone enhanced lightning

There's improvements !

In london shot the lighting is completely different, I don't see any improvement in IQ.
In robinson shots the shot is from a different angle, again I don't see any improvements, only different colours.
In battlezone shots the lighting is completely different so the shots are not comparable.

JordanN

Banned
As expected since the ps4 pro exists for psvr, old ps4 just is no where near powerful enough. Having said that the pro screenshots still look bad but I guess that's expected for these early patches, hopefully future vr tech demos will make use of the power.

No system is powerful enough for VR. The tech is fairly new just like how 3D was in 1995.

That doesn't mean developers still can't create compelling experiences and honestly, what can't be done right now? Any game that's not open world can run on it.

gogogow

These comparison pics aren't even taken at the same area/moment.

For example the London Heist one is at a moment when the car lights up as you're going under a tunnel light.

The entire interior lights up? That just looks off, the regular one looks way better and more realistic.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Unfortunately it's not going to fix the tracking issues (more than likely, since the bottleneck there is the PS Camera).

The PSVR headset is a great piece of tech and a fantastic VR headset, but my experience with it has been subpar because of the terrible, terrible tracking. Using PS3 Move controllers doesn't help, either.

I love VR. I've got a Rift and Vive, and while I never expected PSVR to compare to either, it's definitely a lot worse than I expected it to be. I was all about getting the PS4 Pro to go along with my PSVR, but I'll more than likely just keep my PS4 and maybe even sell my PSVR.

I'm really disappointed that the PSVR will be so many people's first and primary interaction with virtual reality. VR is so immersive and awesome, and I'd love if it takes off in the gaming industry, but the PSVR is definitely not going to help the overall opinion of it, I think.

Tyaren

Regular
Robinson__The_Journey_20161104151139_-_ps4-546f048d3d742b03.jpg

PRO
Robinson__The_Journey_20161104145316_ps4_pro-40fb44c14ccb31c4.jpg

This one is an unfair comparison, I just noticed. It makes it look as if there is way more vegetation in the Pro version, but in reality the player just stands in a different spot. In the regular PS4 shot you can see the vegetation ahead to the right in which the player stands in the Pro version.

thelastword

Banned
Are people really arguing that the PS4 version looks better? There is even supersampling in some of these games now...

dealer-

This one is an unfair comparison, I just noticed. It makes it look as if there is way more vegetation in the Pro version, but in reality the player just stands in a different spot. In the regular PS4 shot you can see the vegetation ahead to the right in which the player stands in the Pro version.

Good spot, these are poor comparisons.

Eh if that's the case, I like the lighting/color from the PS4 version over the Pro.

acm2000

No system is powerful enough for VR. The tech is fairly new just like how 3D was in 1995.

That doesn't mean developers still can't create compelling experiences and honestly, what can't be done right now? Any game that's not open world can run on it.

Vr is not new, home headsets? Sure but the point stands.

Fisty

Compare the top and bottom edges of both those images

Vipu

Banned
Lol at comments "its not even same spot"...
Look at that car picture... its almost at same spot and pro picture looks like super terrible compared to regular.

RoyalFool

Banned
It's going to be hard to do a accurate comparison really, even if the shots were like-for-like - the image displayed on screen has the colors crushed and the edges distorted so the screenshot function really doesn't do justice to how any of these games look via the headset.

Looking forward to the word-of-mouth, really hoping the Pro can make the games run at above native resolution and super-sample down, a lot of the launch titles are not even running on 1080p to begin with so there is room for some big (and easy to implement) improvements there if the devs adopt the pro.

f@luS

More than a member.
The only thing that matter is IQ resolution. It looks much cleaner. Can't wait.

I need to know for drive club. Still wanna buy it for 20 if iq is better

zoukka

Lol at comments "its not even same spot"...
Look at that car picture... its almost at same spot and pro picture looks like super terrible compared to regular.

They look exactly the same to me asset/IQ-wise, the lighting is completely different in the car and in the tunnel, not better or worse, just different.

One is dark, one is lit. There's no improvements to be seen. Same with the other shots.

Really terrible but I think you can tell from London Heist the AA is better. The dashboard looks smoother and has less jaggies.

terrible website is terrible

chrislowe

In london heist there's a better iq clearly and lightning
With robinson more foliage
With battlezone enhanced lightning

There's improvements !

I thought the London Heist looked worse on PS4 Pro...

only game that looked better on the screenshots were Robinson.

Vipu

Banned
They look exactly the same to me asset/IQ-wise, the lighting is completely different in the car and in the tunnel, not better or worse, just different.

One is dark, one is lit. There's no improvements to be seen. Same with the other shots.

So is pro pics taken with 200% more brightness then?

Honestly supers ambling for the headset would probably be a better use than enhanced graphics (or an addition to). I'm assuming we'll see that as well though.

platina

I actually like it. Might not be supersampled but there is better dynamic lighting it seems. Good improvements.

DBT85

Just look at the glove.

Vipu

Banned
Nah it looks like it's a different moment in the game.

Its tiny bit different moment, it cant change the whole picture if some light is bit different somewhere.

1. They have downgraded shadows/lightning in pro pics
2. Brightness is much higher in pro pics so it makes like there is no shadows and everything is just brighter
3. Pro pic taken offscreen or something and it makes it look that much different

Really terrible but I think you can tell from London Heist the AA is better. The dashboard looks smoother and has less jaggies.

terrible website is terrible

Yeah, the improvement in image quality is most apparent in the London Heist shots.
Ultimately if the developer chooses to make improvements, there will be improvements on the PRO. It's clear this website has no fucking clue how to do a proper comparison so we'll just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately it's not going to fix the tracking issues (more than likely, since the bottleneck there is the PS Camera).

The PSVR headset is a great piece of tech and a fantastic VR headset, but my experience with it has been subpar because of the terrible, terrible tracking. Using PS3 Move controllers doesn't help, either.

I love VR. I've got a Rift and Vive, and while I never expected PSVR to compare to either, it's definitely a lot worse than I expected it to be. I was all about getting the PS4 Pro to go along with my PSVR, but I'll more than likely just keep my PS4 and maybe even sell my PSVR.

I'm really disappointed that the PSVR will be so many people's first and primary interaction with virtual reality. VR is so immersive and awesome, and I'd love if it takes off in the gaming industry, but the PSVR is definitely not going to help the overall opinion of it, I think.

Are we playing with the same device? Was t tracking issues?

Am I crazy or is the level of detail in a much wider circle on Pro? The image looks better closers to the edges than vanilla PS4

Honestly, outside of the improved AA on the London Heist shot, and different looking Gloves on the Robinson shot, it's pretty hard to pick up on anything else. This isn't a good comparison with these screens.

Am I crazy or is the level of detail higher in a much wider circle on Pro? The image looks better closer to the edges than vanilla PS4

Hard to tell, you could very well be right though considering how they do the center red rendering technique.

dealer-

Am I crazy or is the level of detail in a much wider circle on Pro? The image looks better closers to the edges than vanilla PS4

Yes it does look like that, hadn't noticed before. Richard from DF mentioned about the detail being much sharper at the centre of the image on OG, maybe that will be improved now.

JABEE

With differences like this, I wonder if the original PS4 will continue to get quality versions of games. Different assets are included on the PRO version

Top Bottom