• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR on the PS4 PRO - WOW! big difference

What? All the screens have different lighting and colours. Does the Pro do that?
Looks like they added more stuff too.

Anyway, iQ is better, so that's great.

Koobion

What? All the screens have different lighting and colours. Does the Pro do that?

Anyway, iQ is better, so that's great.

The descriptions on the website say that the Pro indeed does light some scenes differently, and sometimes colors are more vibrant on Pro - according to the OP source.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
These screenshots unfortunately don't look like they did a good job of actually comparing identical scenes across the games. I'm very curious about future comparisons, though.

panda-zebra

Odd comparison shots, have to go looking for the details. Heist one just looks weirdly wrong. Have to wait a few more days to see for myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Should hope so since the ps4 pro exists for psvr, old ps4 just is no where near powerful enough. Having said that the pro screenshots still look bad but I guess that's expected for these early patches, hopefully future vr tech demos will make use of the power.

Owning and playing 15 PSVR games, some of which run at 120fps, I'll politely disagree with your assessment of the ps4's ability to handle them. Then again, your idea of what's what when it comes to VR is laughable.

Sorral

As a PSVR owner....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Sony Im not dropping another $400.

I don't want to, but gdi, I'm already considering selling my regular PS4 for a Pro. I was against the Pro too..lol

PSVR is just a lot better than what I expected except for the alising, which can be horrid and the Pro seems to fix that a lot...

Mung

Should hope so since the ps4 pro exists for psvr, old ps4 just is no where near powerful enough. Having said that the pro screenshots still look bad but I guess that's expected for these early patches, hopefully future vr tech demos will make use of the power.

This is rubbish. Psvr games run great on the whole.. Play the games, not the specs.

Fisty

I think a perfect point of comparison would be shots of faces, since that's the place you see the most shimmer. Until Dawn and London Heist are good examples of this

Shoeless

I guess we'll probably need something a bit more standardized, like a Digital Foundry analysis to get some in-depth comparisons. It does look like details have a bit more anti-aliasing and sharpness to them in the Pro shots, but whoever took the screenshots for comparison wasn't that great at maintaining consistency for purposes of comparison.

samn

Wasted a few minutes squinting at comparison pictures that aren't even of the same moment. Thanks OP

Chao

Here we go again with a new episode of "it looks so much better because the saturation was turned all the way up"

JordanN

Banned
As a PSVR owner....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Sony Im not dropping another $400.

All the games still have to run/be made for original PS4, so you're not losing anything outside of visuals. Of course, if you value the better graphics then I wont stop you from picking.

Some of those look like different shaders or lighting, nothing looks better about the heist van screenshot on the pro it's just brighter.

Plasma

Banned
The London Heist one is a bit misleading there's a button in the car to turn the light on which is why the pro picture is brighter inside.

ckohler

I'm honestly not seeing much of a difference here.

Really? Seems like a dramatic reduction of aliasing (jaggies) and overall more fidelity on Pro. Look at the dashboard edges, road edges and the brick pattern on the wall. Pretty dramatic if you ask me.

hrvJ9eE.png

I adjusted the brightness a bit to get the two shots closer however it's pretty obvious the brightness is going to vary based on the movement of the car through the tunnel.

Harlequin

just checked with google translate and seems it's right, supposed to look like plastic that's what they said

It is the PS4 Pro screen, according to the website, but that plastic thing is a mistranslation on Google's part. It actually says that it looks more three-dimensional, not that it's supposed to look like plastic.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Already see IQ difference but we'll definitely get a much better picture in a couple of days with official comparisons hopefully. It should be a noticeable improvement overall with PSVR.

Ammogeddon

Really? Seems like a dramatic reduction of aliasing (jaggies) and overall more fidelity on Pro. Look at the dashboard edges, road edges and the brick pattern on the wall. Pretty dramatic if you ask me.

hrvJ9eE.png

I adjusted the brightness a bit to get the two shots closer however it's pretty obvious the brightness is going to vary based on the movement of the car through the tunnel.

This is more like it, thank you sir.

Can't wait to give the heist another go. It's my favourite cigar smoking VR sim.

Mula

hrvJ9eE.png

Oh Yes that's dramatic

Shoeless

Yeah, once you look for it, you can see that the aliasing is worse on the original PS4 screen shots. It's just that whoever took these screen shots really wasn't helping their argument with the quality of the images.

hrvJ9eE.png

Wow thanks for this.
Subtle yet will make a huge difference.

hrvJ9eE.png

everything about that shot is better. Sharper, less jaggies, tiles on the back wall are clearer. etc el. I'm getting my PS4pro on Wednesday and will post pics/impressions. Might do a post on the website.

at double the GPU and with VR specific enhancements; I expect PSVR on pro to look a LOT better.

hrvJ9eE.png

Well there it is. For people who seem blind.

Thanks for the proper comparison ckohler

gossi

The gamma is set wrong on the standard PS4 images, for info. That's why everything so dark. (Also the light in the car is turned on in London Heist in one screenshot, but not in other).

platina

The descriptions on the website say that the Pro indeed does light some scenes differently, and sometimes colors are more vibrant on Pro - according to the OP source.

But in relation to what? VR or in general? Because colors do seem to be more vibrant in Uncharted 4

uncharted4procomparisewxw4.png

Oni Jazar

hrvJ9eE.png

da real mvp right here.

Karak

Robinson really does look like the best example of the pro power. I guess since I know what it looks like on the og I can easily get an idea of what that screenshot shows for PRO.

I'm not a graphics Nazi but I can say that does look like it will be a bigger difference than I was expecting. I was lukewarm on pro but now...

Best buy. I've had it since the 4th.

It can use it trust me.

Top Bottom