• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR on the PS4 PRO - WOW! big difference

Really? Seems like a dramatic reduction of aliasing (jaggies) and overall more fidelity on Pro. Look at the dashboard edges, road edges and the brick pattern on the wall. Pretty dramatic if you ask me.

hrvJ9eE.png

I adjusted the brightness a bit to get the two shots closer however it's pretty obvious the brightness is going to vary based on the movement of the car through the tunnel.

Huge increase in quality for me. Jaggies are by far the worst part of the current PSVR experience (I don't expect amazing graphics otherwise) and this looks like it severely reduces them. Really great news.

5taquitos

Neither did I.

It still costs 350.

You said the difference isn't worth $350. But by comparing, you're implying that you either have an OG PS4 or are considering a Pro as your first purchase. In the first case, the sale of your OG will cover at least half of the Pro. In the second case, the difference between the Pro and the Slim is $100.

The only way your comment makes sense is if you never planned to get either, in which case you're just thread-shitting.

KORNdoggy

Going to test my PSVR with a friends PRO to see for myself, but even if it all it does is reduce the jaggies, it's easily worth the cost of the upgrade imo. And these examples look very promising. RE7 is the one i want to see most though, since the kitchen demo is by far the roughest looking thing i've seen.

vpance

Really? Seems like a dramatic reduction of aliasing (jaggies) and overall more fidelity on Pro. Look at the dashboard edges, road edges and the brick pattern on the wall. Pretty dramatic if you ask me.

hrvJ9eE.png

I adjusted the brightness a bit to get the two shots closer however it's pretty obvious the brightness is going to vary based on the movement of the car through the tunnel.

That is a massive difference in IQ.

Z3M0G

In london heist there's a better iq clearly and lightning
With robinson more foliage
With battlezone enhanced lightning

There's improvements !
These are not the improvements that people were hoping for with VR... better rendering resolution and AA are what would matter most, I'd say. (Image quality)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
But in relation to what? VR or in general? Because colors do seem to be more vibrant in Uncharted 4

uncharted4procomparisewxw4.png
Where did you find these images? The highlights look overblown slightly on Pro, but overall it's nice that it looks more vibrant, and it is also visibly sharper and more detailed.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
ckohler said:
Really? Seems like a dramatic reduction of aliasing (jaggies) and overall more fidelity on Pro.
To be fair - The Heist uses temporal image reconstruction that literally goes from higly-aliased to smooth from one frame to another (and it happens a lot), so two shots from regular PS4 at different timing could show similar kind of difference too (but presumably, on Pro the aliased frames will either be gone or much less noticeable).

LostDonkey

You said the difference isn't worth $350. But by comparing, you're implying that you either have an OG PS4 or are considering a Pro as your first purchase. In the first case, the sale of your OG will cover at least half of the Pro. In the second case, the difference between the Pro and the Slim is $100.

The only way your comment makes sense is if you never planned to get either, in which case you're just thread-shitting.

Erm, no. But nice try. I have the PS4 and the PSVR. Me and the Mrs play together but she doesn't like PSVR, it makes her sick within minutes so my plan was to get a pro and take it to my separate room to play so she could continue on the standard ps4 with whatever she wants. So I won't be selling the original ps4. It WILL cost me an extra 350 to go the route I want to enjoy my headset In peace. Jesus. This forum is full of accusations from insecure children. You'd think I just pissed on your mother with some of the reactions.

I can save some money and just pick up a slim because I'm not seeing a difference at all to warrant another 350. Do you understand now or should I go through it one last time with you so you don't get hurt?

Jal

The fuck is wrong with people? trolls? partially sighted? don't realise you can click on images to make them bigger? viewing GAF on a 4 inch phone from the other side of the room? i understand if people don't care about graphics and think improvements are insignificant but all the posts about not being able to see any difference in all these PRO threads really puzzles me.

platina

Where did you find these images? The highlights look overblown slightly on Pro, but overall it's nice that it looks more vibrant, and it is also visibly sharper and more detailed.
Clukos over at B3D posted these i think, and i resized the 4k one.

30700202681_f2c5eab4ddvs82.png

4knearestneighborrhsyj.png

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This right here is why I am likely done with consoles.

I don't appreciate these disparities within a single console generation.

This is coming from someone who has bought every console in the last 2 generations.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If all VR games had this visual bump, I'd buy the Pro immediately. Will wait a few weeks to see how adoption rate of those Pro specs are gonna turn out.

5taquitos

I can save some money and just pick up a slim because I'm not seeing a difference at all to warrant another 350. Do you understand now or should I go through it one last time with you so you don't get hurt?
So you are getting a second console. You'll be paying $250 for the slim or $350 for the Pro. Do you see where I'm coming from in regards to your original statement?

DBT85

This is coming from someone who has bought every console in the last 2 generations.

I don't understand. The games look as good as they can on the PS4 but you don't appreciate them giving people the option to make them look better?

So are you going to PC? If so that would help with your dilemma.... how?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Why? I have a PS4 and PSVR, and I don't think the difference is worth buying a new console, so I won't. Nobody is forcing anyone to upgrade that doesn't want to.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

The option to have the ability to play Sony first party games at their best IQ is well worth it for me. Couple that with the fact that I sold my OG PS4 for $250 and put that money towards a Pro + gift cards which made it literally dirt cheap lol.

Koobion

So perhaps this line of thinking is why some people seem to hate the Pro, regardless of its obvious improvements and value proposition? This really makes no sense to me. If you're done with consoles, does that mean you're going to PC gaming? Where disparity is the name of the game?

Why do they all look worse? That space shot they made it yellow and added a bunch of fake looking plants everywhere. I don't know why the Batman one is so much brighter but that's dumb and the last one makes the tank look like a toy or something.

I actually don't know if that's Batman, or something else.

Fisty

Why do they all look worse? That space shot they made it yellow and added a bunch of fake looking plants everywhere. I don't know why the Batman one is so much brighter but that's dumb and the last one makes the tank look like a toy or something.

I actually don't know if that's Batman, or something else.

That's Battlezone not Batman

LostDonkey

You said the PS4 Pro will cost you an extra 350.

That's impossible.

If you get a PS4 slim, the Pro is only $100 extra from the $250 you said the Slim will cost you. Where are you getting the extra $250 from?

I wasn't originally considering a slim. Holy shit. Have they let the idiots out tonight or something

I have a ps4. And a psvr. OK.

I was thinking I'll get a ps4 pro. Which is 350.

350. OK.

Looking at the comparisons I don't personally think it's worth a 350 spend for the difference it offers to my original ps4 which I will be keeping.

OK?

I wasn't originally considering a slim. Holy shit. Have they let the idiots out tonight or something

350. OK.

Looking at the comparisons I don't personally think it's worth a 350 spend for the difference it offers to my original ps4 which I will be keeping.

OK?
Why are you getting upset and calling people idiots?
This is what you said:

I can save some money and just pick up a slim because I'm not seeing a difference at all to warrant another 350.
So if you were to pick up a slim, the PS4 Pro is only $100 extra.

Ok?

The PS4 Slim by your situation is an extra $250.

You get it? Okay?

So you're going to go to PC where the disparities are even stronger based on what hardware you have? Am I following you correctly?

Not having hardware upgrades more frequently was one of the biggest criticisms of consoles in the past. Now that it's finally here still people are bitching and moaning about it lmao.

LostDonkey

Why are you getting upset and calling people idiots?
This is what you said:

So if you were to pick up a slim, the PS4 Pro is only $100 extra.

Ok?

The PS4 Slim by your situation is an extra $250.

You get it? Okay?

Another 350 from scratch. From the Base ps4 I already own. You're taking it entirely out of context. Read it again.

Trace

Banned

350. OK.

OK?

Or sell the PS4 and pay $200 or less for the Plus depending on who you sell to.

antibolo

Banned
These are absolutely awful comparisons.

I assume OP was trolling.

Anyway PSVR screenshots are always a really bad representation of what it looks like in the headset.

Javin98

Banned
Remember people saying UC4 had perfect IQ?

Wrong!
What are you even on about? What exactly do colors have to do with IQ? I personally don't think Uncharted 4 has perfect IQ, the TAA and low quality motion blur create some horrible artifacts, but your post makes no sense and seems to rile people up for no reason. The Pro version downsampled from a significantly higher resolution will definitely have better IQ, but the shots don't exactly show that, do they?

Another 350 from scratch. From the Base ps4 I already own. You're taking it entirely out of context. Read it again.

I understand it's from scratch.
The way you worded it is like "I'll get a slim probably but I don't think the Pro is worth an extra $350" so it sounds like you're going off the price of the PS4 Slim itself.
Regardless, both the slim/pro is an extra $250 or $350 from scratch.

nikos

I've only played Farpoint via the Pro and, from what I remember, the IQ was definitely better than what I'm playing via regular PS4.

350. OK.

OK?

sell the ps4. I don't get the complaints. don't want one. don't buy one

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So are you going to PC? If so that would help with your dilemma.... how?
It's the same issue but i can upgrade the video card and I have more customizability.

I haven't had a PC for years and I bought a 6700k and a gtx 1070 this year. Mainly due to the news of the consoles getting this odd half generation version.

It's just not for me and I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Top Bottom