• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

As a MGS fan... I really wish I could have the intestinal fortitude to just not buy anything else from Konami.

Maybe if we do it as a mass movement...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't remember if I still have it installed. Gahhhh Konamiiiii!

I knew I should have bought a new PS4 and downloaded the game onto the system, and then put it up for sale for an exorbitant price. Curse me for ignoring my gut.

It's the most distilled and pure horror experience I've had.

The game or this situation with Konami?

Big Chungus

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

LogN

Best part is? They can do this with paid for games as well, should they desire. The EULA says we lease the license to play them.. this could be a foreboding omen for the future.. I'm scared.. and want to play Silent Hills to be more scared.. Damn you Konami.. damn you..

Holy fuck no. This is disastrous. This is the biggest fear of those who are afraid of going fully digital. God, such a masterpiece like PT...thrown away. Disgusting.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Good thing I didn't delete it

What's so good about still having it?

All it does is just remind you--especially when you reach the end--that it once stand for something that can potentially be very beautiful but now can never be :/

It's painful.

Looks like those ridiculously priced PS4's with P.T. might get sold for a shiny penny in the future. A real shame that Konami has to steep to the lowest of lows.

ddikxela

Download still working for me. Europe here.

Just finished downloading and installed. I'm also able to run it with zero problems.

Is that a new console or the console that you downloaded and deleted the game from?

The way I read the OP, is that my Batman LE console Im going to buy wont be able to access P.T from my accounts download list.

If youre on a new console then whew! We're still in bizzo.

Wow, taking it off the store is one thing, but removing it so people who got it can never d/l it again is pretty gross. Yes, this download was free, but to earn/maintain consumer trust in a digital library, first-party should be making sure past downloads are still available even after content goes down in the store.

Isn't this extremely fucking worrying for anyone looking to invest a digital only library. I didn't even know Sony allowed this shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I may actually be tempted to sell my PS4 with it one day if the price actually shoots up.

But god DAMN is that stupid.

HabeeNo

Btw, can Lawyer GAF do something about it? I mean, it's content you "purchased" before, therefore you should be able to redownload it

Cuyejo

lol, now this has actually become a quite rare piece of software, in the digital age nonetheless, BRAVO Konami!

Jawmuncher

post-10781-bert-eyes-6bumo.gif

I deleted mine and forgot to redownload.

FUCK

Darknight

Holy fuck no. This is disastrous. This is the biggest fear of those who are afraid of going fully digital. God, such a masterpiece like PT...thrown away. Disgusting.

This has nothing with the "digital future". Plus its a demo, that was free. Its not like you bought it, Konami removed it from PSN and removed it from being downloadable. If this was paid, there would be a bigger backlash. (although what Konami is doing in general is pissing everyone off)

Top Bottom