• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

Just when you thought Konami had finally hit rock bottom.

BeneficialDarkArctichare.gif

jayu26

I'm guessing that there is a way to back it up on an external hard drive or USB drive. Is there a way we can share that with people who are late to PS4 party?

Thank you Past Self for actually downloading it

I knew I "bought" it from PSN but I didn't think I actually bothered downloading it yet as I haven't gotten around to play it

That was a close one

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
What?

Damn that sucks. Its amazing that I can still download games, demos I got in 2008, 2009....but not this.

Seriously tho?

Brofield

Fuck this shit. Fuck off, Konami. Here I was thinking I would be able to play P.T. when I eventually got a PS4. So much for that thanks to this shit.

Glad to see my thoughts and actions to play this in some form were so eloquently echoed before me. I got P.T. off the PSN store making some silly account name, saving it for later download, and now I can't do shit.

Pleasure your collective executive rectum with a cactus, Konami.

And that's why it will remain forever on my HDD.

And there goes the idea of upgrading to a bigger one. (Though honestly I probably wouldn't have anyway.)

Eusis

Suspect it's related to Reedus' contract (which just expired) and the distribution of his likeness
Maybe I should be more angry at how contracts are getting online 'savvy' in also taking away our access and not being content with removing stuff from sale.

Though it may be that PT was set up differently from full games on the basis of being a free trial thing.

Someone needs to figure out if you can backup P.T. to an external using that feature from update 2.5, and try restoring it to a new hard drive. I wanted to upgrade my HDD in the future, but don't want to risk loosing this awesome game. :(

chrono01

This really pisses me off, and I still have it downloaded/installed on my PS4. I know there are many fans for this title [and rightfully so], as well as more potential fans who queued up/downloaded it before they even owned a PS4, with the hopes of one day trying it for themselves.

And now they can't.

So yeah, thanks Konami.

This has nothing with the "digital future". Plus its a demo, that was free. Its not like you bought it, Konami removed it from PSN and removed it from being downloadable. If this was paid, there would be a bigger backlash. (although what Konami is doing in general is pissing everyone off)

No, it's not that it's free, it's that this shows that publishers can remove stuff if they wanted to. That they have the power to. They'll just cite the EULA they put in each games and say 'Well this never belonged to you'. It's just a possibility. I'm not saying every companies going to do this..buuut...

Reule

Going to really suck if your HDD corrupts or something happens to your PS4. I actually play this from time to time when we have new company. Everyone who doesn't have a PS4 has wanted to try this out because of YouTube or whatever.

In short, get fucked Konami.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I don't see the problem, nobody paid for it.
A bummer it's gone? Definitely but some of you lot are running with it.
Think people are sad because it was a great little tidbit that is not gone for no good reason. Glad I downloaded it!!

Neff

If I'd paid money for this, then I might be upset.

And after finishing the demo three times (and loving it, and considering it one of the most effectively scary videogame experiences I've ever played), I've no incentive to play it again.

So I greet this development with indifference and a mild lament for what could have been, no more.

RM8

I honestly didn't know this was possible. I always thought the store owners themselves (Sony, MS, Nintendo, Valve, Apple, etc.) kept the games online even when they became unavailable for purchase :0

Ponn

Banned
Fuck you Konami! I'm never buying one of your, wait nevermind, they don't have anything to buy. If I would have told my 90's self that Activision would be a huge company and Konami would be almost non-existent in 2015 I would have called bullshit.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Btw, can Lawyer GAF do something about it? I mean, it's content you "purchased" before, therefore you should be able to redownload it

LawyerGAF says that you didn't buy the game, you obtained a license to play the game, terminable at the publisher's will. Which... they terminated.

And that sucks.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Guess you will need to pay 1000s of dollars on Ebay if you ever want to play the game!

Oh man.....this is gonna be interesting. lol.

And that's why it will remain forever on my HDD.

And there goes the idea of upgrading to a bigger one. (Though honestly I probably wouldn't have anyway.)

I think its small enough where you can just back it up with everything else if you do a backup/restore..

BahamutPT

Is that a new console or the console that you downloaded and deleted the game from?

The way I read the OP, is that my Batman LE console Im going to buy wont be able to access P.T from my accounts download list.

If youre on a new console then whew! We're still in bizzo.

It's not my original console, but I had previously downloaded it to this one too.
So there's two possibilities:

1. It's only available here in Europe because our store only updates later today (sorry, but it's past midnight here :p)

2. It's only available in a console-tied license basis.

Someone in the US, with P.T. in the original console library and currently uninstalled, try to download it. If it doesn't work, we'll know it's because it has been pulled from the US servers.

When news broke that PT was being taken down I down loaded it using my only PSN account. I'm never going to play it but if I see or hear PS4's making a killing on ebay because of PT I'll sell my whole account with a decent digital PS3/Vita/PS4 library and with a pretty good PSN name(Frost-Fiend).

It sucks for true fans of the horror genre and for those who can't download it despite having it in their down load history.

I don't see the problem, nobody paid for it.
A bummer it's gone? Definitely but some of you lot are running with it.

It's indicative of a problem with an "all digital future" and how it relates to archiving games - this is literally a game that no one will be able to play 20 or 30 years from now unless they have it on a PS4 HDD. No way to archive it, nothing. But it was arguably one of the biggest things to come from that years E3. It's just kind of crazy to think that that could just disappear if you weren't around when it was available.

Top Bottom