• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

Darknight

The only real way to play this in the future will be when PS4 gets hacked and ISOs can be played. (those who never got to DL it) Not condoning piracy of any type but its so stupid to removed a free playable demo even from your DL history from being redownloaded.

God fucking damnit Konami.

Fuck them. Fuck them hard and forever.

I hate to be that poor bastard who's the Konami social media/community guy who posts here occasionally. He's got one shitty ass job now.

I'm glad I downloaded it. I'm still too chicken to go past the part where there is banging on the bathroom door.

I'm also disappointed there isn't any creative gif of the wife in this thread.

kewlmyc

Holy fuck no. This is disastrous. This is the biggest fear of those who are afraid of going fully digital. God, such a masterpiece like PT...thrown away. Disgusting.

They're not gonna pull games you actually paid for. That would be a legal disaster. Calm down.

This is pretty bullshit though.

oldmario

This has nothing with the "digital future". Plus its a demo, that was free. Its not like you bought it, Konami removed it from PSN and removed it from being downloadable. If this was paid, there would be a bigger backlash. (although what Konami is doing in general is pissing everyone off)

paid stuff has been removed from the store before, a load of japanese ps1 classics were delisted and delete from the psn list a couple years ago

DJMicLuv

Just fired up the PS4 (Europe) and checked I had it. I'd deleted it already so I hit 'Download' on the icon and it seems to be downloading OK at the moment.

DrkSage

Fuuuck... I hope I didn't delete it. I remember deleting a bunch of stuff I hardly used... Hope P.T. wasn't in the bunch...

Darknight

Pulling it yes. Not being able to dowload for past purchasers was just rumored that no one thought was real.

I think this is the first time a company does this. Other companies have had their games pulled but let users redownload the titles if they were bought.

I dont think this is setting a precedent or such. As much as I hate what Konami did, remember this was a free demo. Not paid item.

Eusis

Yup, no worries when it comes to upgrading the HDD.
Do they actually do full backups now? I was under the impression they didn't.

More importantly, uhh, are they smoother/more reliable than on PS3? Because if not it's still going to be a very ugly sight, but if it actually works really nicely then I won't be too fussed, even if it requires grabbing an external hard drive that won't be monopolized by one system (Wii U.)

Crzy1

I get that people are mad at Konami, but P.T. cost no one but Konami anything. It belongs to them whether or not people like it and it's theirs to do with what they will. If they had charged anything I could see people being up-in-arms about it, but as it stands you really didn't lose anything.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
uh

this is pretty bad

it's one thing to not list it anymore, it's another to not even let the people who own it download it anymore

free or not

Mikey Jr.

Just fired up the PS4 (Europe) and checked I had it. I'd deleted it already so I hit 'Download' on the icon and it seems to be downloading OK at the moment.

This is for NA.

Euro store gets updated tomorrow, so this is literally the last time you Euro guys can download it.

Do it quickly!!

Thank goodness I downloaded it this morning

628x471.jpg

FUCKIN HELL.

Ugh, thought it would be safe if I bought it on the online psn store. Really pissed about this. And I was really considering just biting the bullet and buying a PS4 a week ago after it being pulled got announced :(

Trago

Is there any reason to support Konami at this point? I've added them to the list of publishers I'm not giving money to.

Grexeno

They're not gonna pull games you actually paid for. That would be a legal disaster. Calm down.

This is pretty bullshit though.
Lol, they'll just start claiming that games are a service and the courts will let them do whatever the fuck they want to.

Whoa, so glad I downloaded it the other day then. I might never even play it, but I'd hate it to be completely inaccessible.

marc40099

Neo Member
I think this is some weird marketing ploy. I feel like there was too much work, and positive reactions to the game just to cancel it so suddenly.

Top Bottom