• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris coming to Americas and Europe

Chairhome

I love this game. Been playing the import with my friends and wife for a while. It really is great.
You guys are right to be concerned about no dead though, we leave hard drop (up to hard drop) on puyo and tetris, and we always warn new players not to use the analog cause it's easy to accidentally drop. Hopefully it isn't as bad on Joy-cons...

I love this game. Been playing the import with my friends and wife for a while. It really is great.
You guys are right to be concerned about no dead though, we leave hard drop (up to hard drop) on puyo and tetris, and we always warn new players not to use the analog cause it's easy to accidentally drop. Hopefully it isn't as bad on Joy-cons...

What are the odds they let you use the buttons to play when using a single Joy-Con?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
IIRC, there's an arcade stick control scheme where you press a button to hard drop, but I'm not sure if it's also mapped to Up on that as well.

first print bonus
C24jwcMVIAQMu9c.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
God, I can't wait to buy this again. I know that sounds dumb, but having the game with English menus and in the story mode is just the motivation I need to get hooked again.

God, I can't wait to buy this again. I know that sounds dumb, but having the game with English menus and in the story mode is just the motivation I need to get hooked again.

Same. The menus weren't terrible to navigate, but they were just complicated enough to make it a chore. Especially if coming back from a break and needing to remember them.

Day one for me.

b4mv

Banned
Absolutely pre-ordering for the Switch. I was gonna buy this day 1 anyway, and I'd love those keychains

Berordn

Every time this thread gets bumped without a release date, I cry a little inside.

Keychains look surprisingly nice at least.

alf717

Decided to pre-order on Amazon since those key chains are first print / pre-order exclusive. Maybe Amazon will update with that key chain info and a close to launch release date.

amazon says May 31, 2017

is this just a placeholder?
I don't believe a solid release date has been confirmed, but late April-May appears to be the ballpark. GameStop US has it marked for May 02nd whereas Video Games Plus in Canada has it pinned for April 25th.

Is this 1080p on the switch?

I haven't followed the nitty-gritty but isn't the Switch screen (in handheld mode) 720p? If so I wouldn't be surprised if mid to low budget games target 720p and simply scale-up in TV mode.

Which I am fine with, to be honest. The strength of Nintendo's platforms, particularly their handhelds, is allowing things like niche, lower budget, Japanese games to thrive.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Source on that price?

from Sega

The Nintendo Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris will have a digital version for $29.99 and a special retail edition for $39.99. The Nintendo Switch retail edition will include two keychains players can use to show off their Puyo Puyo or Tetris allegiance – one keychain features a green Puyo, and the other features a purple T Tetrimino. The special launch edition of Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch will only be available in quantities limited to pre-orders and first-run printings of the game in the Americas. Puyo Puyo Tetris is now available to pre-order at most major game retailers.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/01/puyo-puyo-tetris-coming-west-ps4-switch-spring#7gktOXWFzikT9QH5.99

Doorman

Those keychains are cool...but probably not ten dollars cool. Digital it is for me, then.
Looks like a good game overall! Looking forward to some classic puzzling action, even if I am typically awful at Puyo Puyo. :p

I managed to miss the fact the listings went up on Amazon a few days ago.

Does Amazon have the keychain promo? It's not mentioned in the product page...

Fireblend

Banned
I managed to miss the fact the listings went up on Amazon a few days ago.

Does Amazon have the keychain promo? It's not mentioned in the product page...

I'm pretty sure the Amazon listing does apply for the promo. The Puyo twitter account linked (to the official page that links to) it when promoting the keychains :p

I'm debating whether to buy it digital though... the keychains are nice and I really like game cartridges, but this is exactly the sort of game I'd buy on the eShop to keep around at all times, and the $10 discount is also welcome.

Was going to get this on PS4 until I saw it was also going to be on Switch. Was then going to go digital on Switch, but then remembered the Prime discount for new games. After tax its 33 dollars and includes keychains. I like that.

I'm pretty sure the Amazon listing does apply for the promo. The Puyo twitter account linked (to the official page that links to) it when promoting the keychains :p

I'm debating whether to buy it digital though... the keychains are nice and I really like game cartridges, but this is exactly the sort of game I'd buy on the eShop to keep around at all times, and the $10 discount is also welcome.

The Amazon Prime discount cuts the physical price by $8, so for Prime members it's a $2 keychain...

jonno394

WTF, slightly aggrieved at this but

The PlayStation® 4 retail version comes at a price of €29.99 & / £24.99 and the Nintendo Switch™ version at retail and digital €39.99 / £34.99.

PS4 version is €/£10 cheaper physically than the Digital Switch version (which we knew) but why the Switch digital tax in EU (especially vs physical PS4.) when the US gets it $10 cheaper digitally than physically?

source

japtor

I'm torn. Should I get this for Switch or PS4?
Switch is portable and there's no real downsides to this version other than maybe smaller user base.

If you already have a Switch you can make a Japanese account to grab the demo on the eShop, it's a pretty solid demo. You can play local vs the CPU (1-3 bots) in regular or swap mode, as well as local multi (2-4 players).

I played the demo last night with my wife and 2 friends and we had a blast. The analog on the Joycon is an absolute nightmare to use but fortunately you Can switch up the controls.

I'm excited for the NA release!

Top Bottom