• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Pal machine ftw!

Picked up Zaerog today and got mine evod. Just a few +eggs, tamas, and levels from being hypermaxed now.

Rolled 14 times for it, but it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe tomorrow. I need the tamas and pii anyways before it is hyper so it is not that big a deal.

Still down for a BFF triangle when it is reset?

zoku88

I did a YOLO pull today and finally did it!!!

Verthandi!!!

Oh, we're getting new BFF's soon?

Here are my most used leaders if anyone is interested
Hypermax Ra
Hypermax Yuria
Hypermax Parvati
Max skilled Bastet

Rarely used leaders
Max skilled Raoh
A. Yomi
U&Y (one skill away from hypermax)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Verdandi ? Thats an awesome pull - perfect for your Parvati once we get her 39x update.

ZeroAKA

I've been playing fairly casually lately, but I'm interested in a BFF triangle with GAFers rather than just adding a random person on my friend list. My main leads are Verdandi and ABastet, but I also use Ronia, ARa, and ASakuya from time to time. I'm also planning to use Awoken FA Luci once that comes to NA.

0AKA@GAF, ID 380,362,254
I have all those same leaders except ARa. Name: Danny and ID: 399,955,219

Some others that I have are DMeta, Horus, LKali, Shiva. We need a third person.
Still looking for a BF triangle!

divusrex

If anyone has or is in the process of making Awoken Thor, can we please be friends?

I consistently use my Saria team, and it would really help me get past some of the tougher dungeons.

coy

If anyone has or is in the process of making Awoken Thor, can we please be friends?

I consistently use my Saria team, and it would really help me get past some of the tougher dungeons.
I have a budding Thor I use sparingly but will be investing in a team. No +eggs nor max level but is max skilled.

cw_sasuke

Just did Challenge LVL 7 - for the first time i finished Sopdet off in 2 turns - felt good :-D

yami4ct

Did 2 pulls. Got a FA Lucifer and a Castor. Guess the game is telling me A. Luci is in my future! I'm thinking of running

A.Luci/Haku/Persephone/Castor/Okun (Or A. Loki)/A.Luci.

Unfortunately, I don't have a D.Valk, Hanzo, Akechi, Yomidra or that other dark machine star god (she's JP only, so I guess that was obvious). What subs are absolutely needed for FA Luci to run in a decent capacity? Is Okun or A. Loki going to be better for the last slot in most circumstances? Which Haku form is the best for Luci's squad? I realize I probably won't be able to clear Arena with this, but an alternate Challenge team to my A. Ra and A. Shiva squads would be awesome.

yami4ct

You're making me want to yolo roll for fa Luci... *must resist*

Don't do it. I happened to pull him purely because of luck with the Gala. Wasn't even pulling for him (and didn't even know his full strength until a couple of days ago since I wasn't paying much attention). Gala pulls are always just bonuses, never the main thing.

Whats is A Luci style of play? I dont have optimal yomi dragon team but still enjoying using it. Maybe I could throw together a better luci team. Aside from two haku, satsuki and hanzo I'm low on orb changers and gods.

Did 2 pulls. Got a FA Lucifer and a Castor. Guess the game is telling me A. Luci is in my future! I'm thinking of running

A.Luci/Haku/Persephone/Castor/Okun (Or A. Loki)/A.Luci.

Unfortunately, I don't have a D.Valk, Hanzo, Akechi, Yomidra or that other dark machine star god (she's JP only, so I guess that was obvious). What subs are absolutely needed for FA Luci to run in a decent capacity? Is Okun or A. Loki going to be better for the last slot in most circumstances? Which Haku form is the best for Luci's squad? I realize I probably won't be able to clear Arena with this, but an alternate Challenge team to my A. Ra and A. Shiva squads would be awesome.
As far as I know, Loki is preferred over Okuni. Those extra rows are great, and the 2 SBR give some flexibility on sub choice. It's a tanky team, so the trade off of longer CD for higher damage isn't a big deal. Akechi and Pandora are probably the ideal orb changers, but your team looks solid for non-Arena play.

yami4ct

Whats is A Luci style of play? I dont have optimal yomi dragon team but still enjoying using it. Maybe I could throw together a better luci team. Aside from two haku, satsuki and hanzo I'm low on orb changers and gods.

From what I understand, it's as many orb changers as you can find and a utility. Claire, Eschamali and Akechi are the ideal orb change setup, but some alternates work as well. The utility is usually YomiDra because he allows for bind clears and provides an orb generation, but Sleeping Beauty (for bind clears), Okuni and A. Loki are also used in that slot.

As far as I know, Loki is preferred over Okuni. Those extra rows are great, and the 2 SBR give some flexibility on sub choice. It's a tanky team, so the trade off of longer CD for higher damage isn't a big deal. Akechi and Pandora are probably the ideal orb changers, but your team looks solid for non-Arena play.

That's where I was thinking of going with it. Maybe I'll pull an Akechi and Panda some day before Arena 1 goes completely out of style and actually have a team that can clear it.

jiggle

Would a second a.fa.luci add anything to the team?
What about a second a,haku(losing a max skilled u.haku in the process)?

Sad I don't have many dark orb changers
Looking at
Luci - Loki, haku, haku,
With mini pandora, Zuoh, 2nd luci, or diadem, going into the last spot

yami4ct

A second Haku would probably add more than a second FA Luci. Luci would give you another monster with 3x God Killer, but his active doesn't generate any dark orbs, which is what the FA team really needs. For A. Haku vs DD Haku, it would depend on the rest of the team composition. If you are already row heavy, go with DD Haku and lean into that. If you are focusing on Orb Enhance, that would be the main reason to go A. Haku.

jiggle

A second Haku would probably add more than a second FA Luci. Luci would give you another monster with 3x God Killer, but his active doesn't generate any dark orbs, which is what the FA team really needs. For A. Haku vs DD Haku, it would depend on the rest of the team composition. If you are already row heavy, go with DD Haku and lean into that. If you are focusing on Orb Enhance, that would be the main reason to go A. Haku.
Hmm that's true
So maybe
Luci - Loki, haku, haku, zuoh - Luci
9 dark row enhance & 4 dark orbs with 2 x a.haku
11 rows & 2 orbs with a.haku + dd haku

Double a.haku looks more balanced to me, right?

razterik

A.ALuci makes three dark orbs, so a second one isn't terrible, but that's a big investment and his active isn't really good enough to use over the large variety of better orb changers.

On further study and after the switch to Arena 2.0, it looks like Okuni is gaining popularity over A.Loki for the team. You aren't likely to oneshot Kali that way, but the faster countdown and the delay versatility against resolve and damage shields is significant. Since the team plays much like old Beelzebub, healing and stalling for actives makes sense compared to an overwhelming power burst.

Double A.Haku is acceptable, especially since using one or two A.ALuci actives can fix boards to near perfect row setups. It's better to take a heart/dark orb maker, but you work with what you have. Diadem is fine (edit: it's not God or devil, so not very good), Zuoh drags down the team because of his RCV, and the farmable Grisar is great if you want to dedicate the resources to him.

Hmm that's true
So maybe
Luci - Loki, haku, haku, zuoh - Luci
9 dark row enhance & 4 dark orbs with 2 x a.haku
11 rows & 2 orbs with a.haku + dd haku

Double a.haku looks more balanced to me, right?
I would use DD Haku, drop Zuoh and add Vampire. Diadem would be pretty solid in that last slot too, if you can skill him up.

On further study and after the switch to Arena 2.0, it looks like Okuni is gaining popularity over A.Loki for the team. You aren't likely to oneshot Kali that way, but the faster countdown and the delay versatility against resolve and damage shields is significant. Since the team plays much like old Beelzebub, healing and stalling for actives makes sense compared to an overwhelming power burst.
This is nice to know. Doubly so since I have a hypermaxed Okuni and no Loki.

yami4ct

I'm definitely building both a A Loki and Okuni. They have very different uses. Okuni is great for stalling large monsters, but for most non-Arena situations Loki probably provides more utility.

Outside of some specific teams, DD Haku seems preferable to Awoken. There are certainly some OE focused Loki teams that will appreciate the extra Awakening, but I suspect a large chunk of Luci teams that have to go Haku are going to benefit more from the extra Atk and Row. Haste on the active is nice, but I Think the extra damage is more important overall on a tank squad.

Epic Drop

Phew. Really didn't think I was going to be able to beat challenge 9 this time around. I've never beaten arena, but this was the hardest thing I've ever done in this game I think. Ilsix is a crazy huge pain to deal with. Took a few tries, but I finally took it down.

So glad to get the badpy, I need them badly with a.aluci on the way.

SovXj2j.jpg

hermit7

Phew. Really didn't think I was going to be able to beat challenge 9 this time around. I've never beaten arena, but this was the hardest thing I've ever done in this game I think. Ilsix is a crazy huge pain to deal with. Took a few tries, but I finally took it down.

I am finding this round of challenge dungeons really hard as well. Challenge 8 has sucked will the all attackers. Maybe I should try it with i&i and ryune with Orochi, bvalk, burd, karin, or Sonia. Sonia would allow for a better burst I think, but karin has a lower cool down overall and haste is helpful.

Challenge 9 is pretty hard too, but I should be ok with diza and maybe yomi. Yomidra, Haku, okuni, yomi, diza, yomidra

cw_sasuke

Completely forgot about the Ranking Dungeon - but i made it into the Top 10% with Verdandi this time - cool.

smbu2000

So I ended up buying that new MP character Ragnarok Dragon over the weekend. Still need like 4 million more HP for him. He's a pain in the butt to evo though. YD was so simple in comparison. He needs an evo'd Z8, God Canopus and Dark Mech General Hysferzen.

To make Z8 I had to make the other 3 Zaerogs first, to make God Canopus I needed all of the other Mech Dragons and now to make Hysferzen I need to evo my MK-2 and then uevo my 3 Golems (each of which require 3 Gold Keepers) and 2 more Gold Keepers for MK-3.

Luckily I was already planning on making a Z8 with my max skilled one so I had 3 regular Zaerogs. I got quite a few mats running Z8 and God Canopus and some mats from running Deus Ex. Now I just need to run Tuesday dungeon at least 11 times tomorrow...

I also needed some dubmyths so I ran Rinshia several times. It's tough even on the lower difficulty. I think I've figured it out though and ran through it 5 times in a row. Disabling your awakenings for 5 turns and then after throwing skill bind on you makes it tough. I need to use the DMeta on my iPad to make more enhanced orbs after my first turn, because with no awakenings I don't get any new enhanced orbs dropping on to the board.

Since I don't have a DKali, Ragnarok should be a good replacement. He'd be perfect if he had a bind clear, but that God Killer awakening is very nice.

raiot

I feel your pain... I think I failed around 8 times with my hypermaxed Yomidragon and hypermaxed DMeta teams... ok, 3 times i just fucked up but most of the times it was a big fuck you skyfall dark match on Ilsix.
My "best" fail was: i calculated that i needed a 3 combo "dark, heart, anything else" to knock him under 35% and survive.
What I got was: 15 combo skyfall with a complete dark row from the sky... I just quit the app and didnt open it again for 5 hours :D

Could anyone that plays on JP explain me the multiplayer mode?
What are the 3 options?
1st option makes you the host (the one who uses stamina). You give the other person the number you get after you select a stage.
2nd option is where you put in the number to connect to the host.
3rd option is solo mode.

smbu2000

Could anyone that plays on JP explain me the multiplayer mode?
What are the 3 options?
First option is to create a room yourself. Once you select the dungeon/descend etc. it will show your party and have a number that you can share with somebody else so they can join in the dungeon with you. Once your friend joins in then they press the ready button(on their lower left screen) and you press the start button (on your lower left screen.)

Second option is to enter a room ID number from somebody else. You enter in the number that they give you and swipe to select your team and then press the ready button. Once they confirm then you start the dungeon/descend.

Third option is that you play the descend/dungeon,etc. solo/by yourself. In that case the dungeon starts right away once you select your team/friend, just like the regular dungeons.

The person who creates the room will be the first person who will start the dungeon. E.g. If I created the room and gave you the number then I would go first after we entered.

Stamina is used from both people. If the dungeon costs 50 stamina then we will both lose 50 stamina by entering the dungeon. If you want to continue, then only the person who created the room will lose a stone to continue. You also can't purchase additional stones from the store while in multi. E.g. the person who created the room has 0 stones left over and they want to continue, then you won't be able to continue.

Each person can also pass one time during each game. Press the menu button and it is the top option. Each person can only do it once though so use it wisely.

If you want to have some fun with cheesing it is apparently possible to beat Z8 in co-op as low as rank 10 with a swole enough partner and careful play from both players.

Every time Z8 comes around I wish I had a team that could clear it. My Saria and Typhon teams seem like non-starters. I'd have to get my Sakuya to awoken and throw together a team I think, and that's not really a priority.

jay23

Certain Ranking Dungeons in the future will force players to use preset teams provided by GungHo

That sounds like a cool idea, I love stuff like this I could see them giving us unusual builds to really challenge everyone. It gives us a chance to use some monsters we don't have and maybe try a different play style.

That sounds like a cool idea, I love stuff like this I could see them giving us unusual builds to really challenge everyone. It gives us a chance to use some monsters we don't have and maybe try a different play style.

But now the top 10 is going to be more of the same teams. /s

It'd basically be PAD Challenge.

Difficulty would be balancing all the premade teams against each other, and making sure each team has enough depth. Otherwise you'll just have people running one team and tiebreakers will come down to pure RNG.

hermit7

But now the top 10 is going to be more of the same teams. /s

At least it is more fair for people that have rolled specifically for 4 Ilm and a rodin.

Those players will likely still be in the top 10 because they will stone until they are.

Also was able to pull a super king for yomidra! Finally evoed and ready. (Need a few more tamas and a couple pii but he is evoed so I am pleased.)

coy

My gf is unhappy with CC closure. Not interested in finding another mobage to replace it.

Went 3/9 on Z8 skillups. Can I say how happy I am to have a max-skilled Vishnu! I'll put more time into skillup attempts next time Z8 rolls around.

Beat challenge 9 with Yomidra. Took me three tries because I kept underestimating my damage output. Not sure if I'll go all out for level 10. Vishnu looks like a pain.

cw_sasuke

I played CC the day the US version launched...while it was okay, i wasnt a fan of the chibi looking 3D models compared to the artworks. Still sad to hear that they are ending the game that fast ...thought it was popular.

PS. Three Mephisto runs and still no Elia...starting to lose hope.

Top Bottom