• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break "just hit full production"

Prine

Banned
Third. ( or fourth )

Titanfall bundle. ( He showed the custom console ver. and said it was in a factory, but it ended up being the non-custom version instead )

And then the dates for tier-2 countries release.

Eh there's some margin for error here but he was spot on about the Titanfall console (it was distributed) and the date announcement happened earlier then expected. And QB delay has to be confirmed first before we can scratch his leak (most likely will happen) . He pretty much got all right give or take. The amount and scale of info he threw out was unlike anything I've seen on gaf since I've been here (13 years)

A new IP that could easily be the best thing ever or utter shit, ports of old games (no matter how awesome , and without the info on pricing) and an arcade racer is pretty weak for your exclusive line up going into your second Christmas period.

Going into E3 both platforms exclusive line-up looks pretty average. Fingers crossed for E3, but it would be a massive shock if MS/Sony have exclusives ready to go by Oct/Nov that they have somehow managed to keep secret.

If that's what you want to believe man, good for you, I guess.

I will remain sceptical that a guy who used to (prolifically) post news from other sites on GAF quit the site and suddenly devs started giving him info to share on Twitter.

Horizon was the beat racing game I've ever played. It was well loved on GAF and a sequel would do quite well. What do you consider not average? How is Sunset Overdrive, by any definition of the word, average?

KoopaTheCasual

You sound like an expert, tell us more.
Are you offended by an extremely obvious observation? Being a moderator doesn't automatically make you an insider, and mods themselves will tell you that. People taking mods opinion as gospel and spouting them as fact is how we lead to rampant rumors.

It's cute. My comment is exactly about how no one including myself is an expert, but that didn't stop you from your misguided response.

infe|2no

Neo Member
ok so now the game is in full production, then we have the Alpha, Beta, debugging am i right?
for this type of game 1 more year will be enough??

RulkezX

Horizon was the beat racing game I've ever played. It was well loved on GAF and a sequel would do quite well. What do you consider not average? How is Sunset Overdrive, by any definition of the word, average?

I don't believe GAF enjoyed a 30fps racer , clearly you're remembering wrong :)

And I specifically said SO could be fantastic or utter garbage, making any comment on it's quality at this point is the realm of fanboys.

What I did say is an arcade racer , HD remake and unknown new IP from a developer with a somewhat sketchy recent output I s a pretty average lineup for a console going into it's second Christmas.

A mod with no insider information doesn't even have a more valuable opinion than a junior. No one knows what ntkrnl's deal was. Anyone saying they "know" one way or the other was talking straight from their ass.

He was verified by Bish, so presumably there is some idea of what the deal was.

Just like other people were verified by mods.

imtehman

Banned
get real guys, Remedy began working on QB right after they were finished with Alan Wake. MS boss saying its now hitting full production can mean anything.

Also, this is remedy, a 2014 release date is a pipe dream given the scale of what Remedy is trying to achieve. If they want to make a AAA game, they will need AAA time.

I guess that was the last thing he heard about the game so that's what he went with.

During their VGX interview Remedy's head of franchise development said "we're in full blown development"

http://youtu.be/PgKDvrQMLVA?t=3m23s

Maybe full blown development is different than full production.

I'm kidding! Well, thanks though, I'm glad to know that we could be seeing this sooner rather than later had it only just enter full production.

shinnn

Looks like early 2016 given how fast remedy works.
I don't know about Max Payne, but Alan Wake was a PC title, had a lot of changes during the development, etc.

American Nightmare got released in less than 2 years (and I think being developed alongside the AW PC port?).

KoopaTheCasual

He was verified by Bish, so presumably there is some idea of what the deal was.

Just like other people were verified by mods.
Bish is not everyone else. It's extremely dangerous to assume that all mods are privy to the same amount of information that Bish knows. The fact that some mods don't know specific reasons for Bish entering his bunker on different occasions is reason enough to know that verified information is definitely not ubiquitous across moderation crew.

I just hate how a rumor starts, and then it comes back to "but mod __ said _______" putting the onus on mods for a simple speculation comment. It's much more reasonable to approach everything as opinion and speculation until known otherwise.

Yaoibot

Who actually thought this would hit this year? A bunch of target-render, borderline CGI and some live-action clips hardly said this game was anywhere near ready for prime time.

Weren't there some video segments integrated into the game? They're gonna have to recast the little girl because she'll be an adult by the time they get back to filming.

shandy706

Well if it wasn't revealed when it was Forza and Ghosts would have been the only games at the Xbox Reveal and people would have given MS even more shit for not having enough games.

Were their other 8-10(?) exclusives not there?

Don't remember how many 3rd party were there.

Fuck, maybe I should've waited to get an X1. I refuse to buy MPlats for it, when I can play them on my PS4. Now I can only get Sunset Overdrive and Diablo 3( for the character transfer from 360) this year. I hope this Halo remaster is worth it. E3 can't come soon enough, need more release day info on titles. If its true 2015 should be a great year for the X1 at least.

Fuck, maybe I should've waited to get an X1. I refuse to buy MPlats for it, when I can play them on my PS4. Now I can only get Sunset Overdrive and Diablo 3( for the character transfer from 360) this year. I hope this Halo remaster is worth it. E3 can't come soon enough, need more release day info on titles. If its true 2015 should be a great year for the X1 at least.

Forza Horizon 2 man, never forget.

dr_rus

2015 will be a great year

I thought 2014 was supposed to be a great year...
And 2013 prior to that
And 2012

Well, it was pretty obvious that QB won't come out in 2014. No idea why some people expected that.

Only if they'll scrap literally everything that Hennig team done since UC3 and start from scratch. Otherwise - 2015 it is.

SpyGuy239

What?! I don't have a One but I was looking forward to seeing more footage from this. Was a 2014 Fall release in my mind. Can't believe they announced the game in 2013 and hope to release it around 2016...

Very disappointing. Another sad tale of them announcing a game really early =/

MS had to do something after that ridiculous TV TV reveal of their set-top...games console to redeem themselves.

So the result is they revealed pretty much everything major they have coming this year, next year and some stuff a year after that in order to prove they still focus on games.

rrc1594

MS had to do something after that ridiculous TV TV reveal of their set-top...games console to redeem themselves.

So the result is they revealed pretty much everything major they have coming this year, next year and some stuff a year after that in order to prove they still focus on games.

LMAO it was shown before E3 people before

Sid

You linked an article from last year speculating about a TLOU version coming to PS4 as some sort of evidence that Uncharted is 2016 ?
They said they were just getting their engine up and running at the end of last year is what I was referring to.

They promise 15, that much I remember in first year

Yup 15 MS Studios games. Curious if they'll hit it. So far we have:

Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Kinect Sports Rivals
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
Max: Curse of the Brotherhood
Zoo Tycoon
Powerstar Golf
Super Time Force (was MS Studios but moved to ID@Xbox program)
Project Spark
Xbox Fitness

Still to come in 2014:
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2 (maybe?)
Halo Master Chief Collection
Quantum Break (probably not)
Fable Legends (maybe in beta before end of the year)

Looks like they might get to the 15 game promise depending on how you look at things. You can maybe knock off Max and Zoo Tycoon, but I think both came to XB1 before 360. Also, Xbox Fitness isn't really a game and Super Time Force was moved to ID@Xbox so it's not an MS Studios game for the XB1 version.

EDIT: How could I forget LocoCycle?

Megatron

I thought 2014 was supposed to be a great year...
And 2013 prior to that
And 2012

Well, it was pretty obvious that QB won't come out in 2014. No idea why some people expected that.

Only if they'll scrap literally everything that Hennig team done since UC3 and start from scratch. Otherwise - 2015 it is.

2013 was a great year. Far far better than 2012, and so far looks like it's far better than 2014 will be.

abadguy

Banned

Again, QB was first shown during the Xbox reveal and it was said from the get go that E3 would be all about games. Had nothing to do with "redeeming" themselves.

RulkezX

They said they were just getting their engine up and running at the end of last year is what I was referring to.

We’re just getting our Naughty Dog engine up and running on PS4 as we work on the next Uncharted project. We will see what the future brings!

So the engine has been up and running on PS4 since mid December last year , the first game demonstrating how their engine handles on PS4 is out in a 6 weeks or so ?

I don't think that article says what your saying it does tbh.

Again, QB was first shown during the Xbox reveal and it was said from the get go that E3 would be all about games. Had nothing to do with "redeeming" themselves.

Of course it wasn't... thats why we saw a Black Tusk game that didn't exist past some early ideas and a Halo game that's not coming until Fall 2015.

What about all the other stuff that was revealed early too though?

Black Tusk project was revealed last year, that's not due until late 2015 at the earliest as an example. Same with Halo.

Top Bottom