• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor – CD Projekt RED To Sign A Publishing Deal Or Be Bought By Electronic Arts

How excited are you for this news?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Witcher 3 on ps4 is a shitty port that never got fixed.
Maybe their next game with EA behind will at least be decent on ps4.

Is this really true? I haven't played W3 much yet (too much other stuff), waiting for a digital sale on PS4. I prefer to play on PS4 vs xbone or PC but is the PS4 port bad?

pizzacat

Banned
It's not like their practices would change, they'll still make dlc like extra animations and write sad notes on their cover box

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This isn't going to happen, but it kinda sucks to see how many selfish pricks on here would cheer it on just "to see the meltdown." Would you like to see something you DO enjoy or care about turn to shit? Just worthless, shortsighted, anti-gamer posts. Then again, you do see plenty of "I don't like it so it sucks" crap on here from shitposters.

Bonus LOL from the post above me with the Metal Gear Solid V avatar. It all makes sense, now. :D

At least it won't run at 20fps.
The game ran at consistent sub 30 during certain specidic areas and dipped below 30 rarely during the time I beat it which was during the first 2 weeks. Patches released after didn't really do much to fix it.

Yes they can improve their technical skills when it comes to this, but to say you'd rather have a game that runs perfectly well but lacking individuality and vision is a bit much. You may not like them but plenty do.

DrArchon

Yeah right. CRPR would only sell out to EA if the heads only cared about money and if they only cared about money they wouldn't be so ardently anti-DRM/other shitty business practices, because lord knows them being anti-DRM doesn't make it any easier to get big AAA games on GOG.

tebunker

Banned
As long as they don't touch GOG I am square. Seriously CDPR makes a neat game series but GOG.com is a great alternative to steam and while not as big I love it.

I hope this doesn't influence Cyberpunk negatively. More money = good thing, just don't start trying to push deadlines. I do not need another Watch Dogs situation.

Trust issues.

ps3ud0

I want them to be bought. My god the Internet would melt and it will be hilarious.

Please happen.

I need to read the meltdowns.
tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

ps3ud0 8)

TW3 was already pretty streamlined, so aside from charging for some inconsequential dlc what would really change?

Hmmm, current Witcher 3 vs Witcher 3 with EA ruling over CDPR...

Microtransactions, 75-80% cut in dialogue options, no extra difficulty modes, easier gameplay. I'm probably missing some things. Oh, online play.

and GOG would be buried

All in all, it wouldn't make sense for it to happen so I'm just going to go with... this is fake!

@marcin360

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/643441015244853248

getting a big whiff of absolute twaddle

We need a fantastic title change.

Is this really true? I haven't played W3 much yet (too much other stuff), waiting for a digital sale on PS4. I prefer to play on PS4 vs xbone or PC but is the PS4 port bad?

Played TW3 on PS4, out of 140 something hours only 2-4 were spent under bad framerate. Even that wasn't unplayable. The whole PS4 port is shit is hypebole, don't let it get to you. Though if you can, get it on PC.

shandy706

And nothing of value was lost.

This.
Witcher 3 on ps4 is a shitty port that never got fixed.
Maybe their next game with EA behind will at least be decent on ps4.

Works great on PC.

Maybe if people didn't whine and cry about 1080p on console, then they could have aimed for 900p and a great framerate on PS4.

I'm not going to blame CDPR for my console hardware's deficiencies. I'd take performance over res any day on console.

TW3 is an incredible game.

GavinUK86

"EA buys CDPR and ruins slav RPG" is literally a gaming meme that has propagated on every gaming forum for years. CDP today are arguably in the best position they've ever been in. They rapidly turned profit on Wild Hunt and their stockmarket value is greater than pre-launch.

Exactly.

It's a funny rumour, but that's all. A bit of fun to wind up people on this rainy (in the UK anyway) Monday.

If you're taking it seriously then you're waaay past being helped my friend.

purdobol

This rumour just doesn't hold up. This company is THE distributor in my country for as long as I remember (and good one at that). GOG become a success despite giant competition from STEAM. So there's no reason to sell it. And their attempt to open a studio also was a success. CD Project is making huge profits. At least in regards to Poland's economy. I don't see the need for sell out. It's not going to happen. And if it is I would like too see EA dealing with bureaucracy in here...huehuehue.

My guess is that EA executives are taking lessons from CD Project. Main topic "ways of doing business while respecting customers at the same time". Full two week course with slides and examples.

It could run better but overall it's fine it just occasionally dips below 30 to the 20 somethings during heavy effect areas (such as the foggy swamps) but unless you're really bothered by it it's fine. It's an amazing game.

If you can play it on pc decently then get it on that of course but it's perfectly fine on ps4

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
okay i just contacted my polish sources and they said this is indeed happening there might be an EA buyout and cdpr will be rebranded bioware poland BUT EA may not have money left after buying out nintendo so we juts have to wait for kimishima to make a decision

Window

I don't understand. I thought CDPR had been doing well independently. Do they feel constrained by their current set up? They certainly take their time in releasing new games as developers but is that due to the nature of their work/design practices or a lack of capital? May be they're unsatisfied on the publishing/marketing front instead?

Itachi87

This is the worse news ever. I hope this is just a rumor. Why is there not a 'not excited' option in the polls?

Majukun

Sounds like pure horsedung.

CDPR doesn't need EA's capital, and they have GoG.

well it's not really about "needing" money

it's not like notch "needed" microsoft's money to sell them the company and the minecraft franchise

but being able to not worry about anything for the rest of your mortal life is usually a good enough incentive

that being said,it's just a rumor and we had our denial,for what it's worth
hopefully they force cdpr to implement online in the witcher, this is 2015 ffs.

original.jpg

Top Bottom