• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Chinese Company Tencent Planning to hire Kojima to develop new IP

ValfarHL

LOicMJA.gif

I literally thought of this gif milliseconds before scrolling down to yours.

*Internet high five*

I imagine he'll take a break for a while, maybe dabble in Film/Writing as he's talked about. Then again we don't know how much money he was making, so maybe he'll need a new job from the off.

Kojima shouldn't work for a console maker. The only people who want this are fanboys. His games should be for everyone not just one fan base.

A-V-B

I'm thinking maybe Square-Enix's western divisions could be a good fit? They don't mind taking a good chunk of time making games, and they have money, and Kojima could release to multiple platforms.

Or mayyyybe Bethesda.

I'm thinking maybe Square-Enix's western divisions could be a good fit? They don't mind taking a good chunk of time making games, and they have money, and Kojima could release to multiple platforms.

Or mayyyybe Bethesda.

I could see both of these being good fits for Kojima.

For a second I thought he was going to The Chinese Room and my hype levels ramped up! Indie Kojima walking simulator in the vain of PT! Then I reread the title. :(

Moog_

Neo Member
I don't think Kojima is in a big hurry to sign himself over unless he's going to be guaranteed the freedom and resources that he wants.

massoluk

Banned
Uh, why the hell not? Tencent is one of the few people who can afford Kojima's production level. I think they know Kojima is only of use if you let him off the leash.

OneUh8

This won't happen. He is going to want the freedom to create what he wants to create. If he goes anywhere, it will be a North American company or just create a startup of his own. Unless it is all about money with him, but I don't think so.

Kalor

Tencent certainly have the money to give to Kojima but it seems like an odd match but then you could say that about most of their video game investments.

So Tencent owns Riot Games (League of Legends) and has a minor stake in Epic Games. Besides that they make a bunch of little trash games.

Naw, not feeling it. They may have the money but they dont have the resume. If this rumor were true, I wonder if they're wanting to start their own game studio. Probably not I guess since this is China afterall. Videogames have it rough there.

The reason Kojima's "Chinaman" character was scrapped during MGS2's development was to avoid shedding too much light on Kojima's eventual departure from Konami in favor of joining Tencent. This was yet another glimpse into the future through the eyes of Hideo Kojima and his brilliant direction. Based Kojima.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A Kojima-led mobile F2P game where you can use nanotransactions to de-convolute the story forward and progress sounds ingenious.

PensOwl

Banned
Ugh no

The purity of Kojima Productions would be ruined if it had in game advertisements and cross promotional bullshit or free to play timers and microtransactions.

Top Bottom