• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First look at Watch Dogs 2’s new protagonist

Which iconic clothing item would you most like to purchase on uPlayFashion?

Results are only viewable after voting.
12751536_789457791160860_192770548_n.jpg

Here's the actor, from his Instagram account.

Finger on the trigger. What an idiot. Also this looks like a step back from the first protagonist who was already not great. I wish they would pull a Saints Row and let us make anyone we wanted, and give us an option of a few different voices.

Pooya

They are turning this into AC where every protag is going wear the same stupid style but appropriated for the era/place and ending up looking really dumb. That looks awful.

I don't care what he looks like - what matters as that he's written as a character with motivations that make sense, a sense of humour and self-worth, and doesn't have a constant air of psychopathy about him,

So, fingers crossed?

Menitta

The dream of the 90s is alive in San Francisco.

I really hope this isn't true. I'd love a female protagonist for WD2. Evie totally could've carried AC Syndicate.

Allforce

If he's really Asian get ready for him to live with his wise old immigrant uncle/grandma/mother and for him to know some serious kung-fu.

Maybe his weird hand sizes are to show that while gun combat comes first, it pales in comparison to the real power of hacking....

Lol good one!

I finished ChipCheezum's incredible Watch_Dogs LP not too long ago, and oh my GOD is that game poorly written. Every character just exists to be mopey and incite violence. Any sense of "justice" that Aiden seeks is just a really thin excuse for him to murder people. It's just "grim", and not in like a Breaking Brad way, but in a shit way.

Maybe with a younger protagonist they can trade on some optimism this time. But yeah, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Finger on the trigger. What an idiot. Also this looks like a step back from the first protagonist who was already not great. I wish they would pull a Saints Row and let us make anyone we wanted, and give us an option of a few different voices.
Nothing can be a step back from the whitebread emo asshole that is Aiden.

Cardon

I haven't seen Mr. Robot, but I've heard excellent things. I hope people at Ubisoft watched it, since it should be a huge influence on a game like Watch_Dogs. However, this game was probably in development well before the show's first season ended.

Yeah that's fair enough. Though I do wish in general that Ubi perhaps would've dialed down ever so slightly on the main character design. If this purported WD2 image is legit then we have another character that in my view is a bit over designed for the sake of being "iconic" or memorable. I'm still excited for WD2 since the first game had solid foundations and I just hope the game feels a bit more fleshed out and grounded in a sense.

Or, they should have gone with T-Bone (the funny dreadlocks guy featured in the DLC). He had a good sense of humor and also a rad little RC monster truck.

Banned
Hope he reverses his cap when he goes into stealth mode. Simply raising a bandana over your face is not iconic enough.

#gottahackthemall

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't worry, they will have that iconic Division jacket as a pre-order bonus!!!

Edit: That poll, lol.

#TeamGlasses

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
mr_robot_s01e01_still.jpg

Well. If they have to copy something.
Like that would make sense. Elliot specifically chooses his clothing based on being able to sink into the background. You wouldn't be able to tell him apart from any other guy walking around in non-descript jeans, sneakers and hoodie. You tell the police a man in a hoodie just came by and jacked my money ¯_(ツ)_/¯

New Mr. Watch Dog, with his rolled bomber and face mask would be easily identifiable. There's enough character there. Surprisingly this game does need something a bit more generic.

ogbg

the proportions of the hands are so strange..

symlioR.png

and the one that is holding the phone is much bigger, even though it is further away..

It's obviously just the angle of the screen that the photo is taken from. The right hand is lower

I finished ChipCheezum's incredible Watch_Dogs LP not too long ago, and oh my GOD is that game poorly written. Every character just exists to be mopey and incite violence. Any sense of "justice" that Aiden seeks is just a really thin excuse for him to murder people. It's just "grim".

Maybe with a younger protagonist they can trade on some optimism this time. But yeah, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.
Yeah I actually liked the game in general which is why the story and most of the characters were so disappointing. Aiden always seemed completely unaware of himself and the things he was doing.

The next main character is going to be black I'm pretty sure. Kind of a Static character from the popular comic/show Static Shock.

Top Bottom