• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First look at Watch Dogs 2’s new protagonist

Which iconic clothing item would you most like to purchase on uPlayFashion?

Results are only viewable after voting.
mr_robot_s01e01_still.jpg

Well. If they have to copy something.

It's the only thing I see here them going for, but those glasses man. Those glasses...

Please be real.

The hipster douchechills. Jesus. How could they make someone worse than the last protag? They did it though, they fucking did it.

Lunaniem

Besides the bag maybe, the character design is at least 10 times better than Aiden.

Just because someone isn't wearing a fedora with cargo shorts, it doesn't make them a hipster.

PK Gaming

The dude looks like a massive dweeb, but that's honestly a good thing in a medium filled with edgy try-hard protagonists.

Pretty much impossible for this guy to be worse than Aiden.

EDIT: Maybe they should pull a MGS2 and explicitly make him a wannabee Aiden who gets himself too deep in serious shit? Could be an interesting direction.

m4st4

You can probably buy a different set of... accessories, via in game shop (maybe even microtransact some), but still, damn. #Edgy

The arm skin tone looks more like a light(ish) skin black guy (or mixed, whatever) than Asian, and the clothes definitely make it seem like they're going for a more low key Mr. Robot style characterization, less try hard cool.

Thread's overreacting tbh. He's a typical realistic Ubisoft character, complete with sling bag. Aiden was way more overtly "STARTING A NEW FRANCHISE" designed than this guy. The writing is what will make or break the character, not his rolled up bomber sleeves.

GavinUK86

Well his Instagram account is now set to private so this is all obviously true.

I loved the first Watchdogs so I'm all in for this one, even if I don't like the character design. Crappy designed characters hasn't put me off games before and nor will this one.

Interesting to see a black guy take the lead for a change. More diversity please. Well, unless he's also a brooding douche with a gravelly voice, then I guess it doesn't really matter.

jschreier

Pretty sure the protagonist is a black guy named Marcus. It's hard to tell if this guy's black (he looks Asian to me) but if not, maybe he's a different lead or something. We'll see pretty soon.

Yeah I actually liked the game in general which is why the story and most of the characters were so disappointing. Aiden always seemed completely unaware of himself and the things he was doing.

The obvious last-minute rewrite to make his dead daughter his dead niece instead didn't help.

HOPEFULLY things were a little more stable in this game's development.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm surprised people are being so negative, it's not Aiden again, which is what we all wanted.

The lead character could have been played by Chris Martin* and that still would have been an improvement IMO.

*I really, really, really, really fucking hate Coldplay

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The arm skin tone looks more like a light skin black guy (or mixed, whatever) than Asian, and the clothes definitely make it seem like they're going for a more low key Mr. Robot style characterization, less try hard cool.

Thread's overreacting tbh. He's a typical realistic Ubisoft character, complete with sling bag. Aiden was way more overtly "STARTING A NEW FRANCHISE" than this guy. The writing is what will make or break the character, not his rolled up bomber sleeves.

I heard the lead was supposed to be a black guy a while ago and his voice actor is black, so I'm pretty sure the character is too.

Nibel

Pretty sure the protagonist is a black guy named Marcus. It's hard to tell if this guy's black (he looks Asian to me) but if not, maybe he's a different lead or something. We'll see pretty soon.

Stop spoiling the surprise announcement you jerk

Arun1910

Great. Now we just need.

1. Better driving mechanics
2. Better shooting mechanics
3. Better hacking mechanics
4. Gun customisation... cause you know, its a shooter.. and it's 2016.

Servbot24

Banned
Are we sure that's not just a generic multiplayer character choice? I mean... it does say lead character, but... just no way, right?

Top Bottom