• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First look at Watch Dogs 2’s new protagonist

Which iconic clothing item would you most like to purchase on uPlayFashion?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Damn, what was ever wrong with this guy?

aidanman5fj9k.png

Literally everything.

SerTapTap

Nice, that mid 2000s Livestrong wristband.

Eh, I don't like it, but I guess it's reasonably believable for an "everyman who has to kinda sorta hide his face but still be identifiable for marketing" style protag.

I heard the lead was supposed to be a black guy a while ago and his voice actor is black, so I'm pretty sure the character is too.

Looks black just with weird lighting IMO

Logash

I kind of like it though. I was into the idea of Watchdogs but Aieden was such a boring character and my god did his voice annoy me. Ubisoft track record means that WD2 will be a good game lol so here's hoping.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yep it's just the lighting, he's definitely black.

Jb

Ultimately he might look like a douche but if he's well written it won't matter.
But when was the last Ubisoft game with good writing?

Really the big problem with Aiden was the writing and not so much his look, so an image isn't going to tell me if they improved that or not. Aiden is up there with Rico for most dislikable game characters, and at least Rico wasn't the playable character in those games.

L Thammy

I don't think he's wearing that scarf to hide his identity, I think it's flu season and he doesn't want to get any germs.

Still hard to believe Watch Dogs is one of Ubisoft's top selling IPs, you rarely talk to anyone who says anything other than "well... it was a game..." Like I finished the whole thing and don't really remember anything other than how goddamn annoying it was losing the cops.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is it so hard to design a compelling character? I you managed to make Edward Kenway, somehow, can't you do that again. The charming rogueish type?

Jocund

Yeah, he looks black to me. The phone screen glow on his face coupled with the fact it's a photo taken off of what looks to be a laptop screen is probably making his skin tone appear lighter than it is. Though I guess he could be lightskinned, too.

I'm all for it

Lol that design must have been taken right out of a focus group. It feels generic and lacking an objective, in an attempt to create a "cool" personality they ended up with this soulless thing, IMO.

I honestly cant believe they've gone and attempted a second one after how miserable the first one was and how much controversy popped up around it.

Top Bottom