• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWong

Sorry not aware of the joke your referencing, I was just looking at the language in the information that was posted.

Of course the large caveat here is whether we believe any or all of this is true.
No end, I tell you.

note: read the few post before yours.

And some people are just desperate to look like they have inside information.

(Not referring to Tamaki but whomever his "source" is.)

Is there a way to get the OP and/or title updated to accommodate all the new info? (Mulcair posts, Rogers tweets, etc)

pm mod to ask them to edit is much faster than hoping at op to update him/herself

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I know i keep being told it wont be, but i still think its going to be a hybrid console.

Unless Nintendo are planning on cutting off the 3DS, they're not going to have the WiiU, 2 3DS variants, NX home AND NX portable console all out there at once.

Nintendo has said one thing and then done another before. Ill keep thinking its a hybrid until i see otherwise.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wtf? PS4/X1 don't require paid for online multi but NX does? In what universe is the former true?

And PS4 has select bc but X1 doesn't...?

Vena, you should've already got this is a market research survey with no real info about NX, just...well...research. And these kind of survey can present strange errors. Like you'd say, pick an apple :p

georly

WiiU External Hard Drive : Not Suported

Huh?

I am definitely missing something

Yeah, not understanding why some of these have patently false information. What does this do? Is this to gauge support/willingness of consumers to buy hypothetical game console configurations?

"Would you buy a wii u without external hard drive storage?"

"would you buy a ps4 for 499"?

I'm having a hard time figuring it out, I guess.

Salty Hippo

Even mentioning 900p is super dumb from a marketing standpoint but I personally really, really, REALLY don't care as long 60fps is the tradeoff. I'll take a 900@60fps game any day of the week instead of 1080@30. But I doubt Nintendo will force publishers to put out 60fps sofware only, and I also doubt the box will be limited to 900p when even the Wii U isn't.

Can't read too much on this without enough information, for now it's just a meaningless number.

Edit: So itsfuckingnothing.gif? Ok.

Anteo

It's a test. They're trying to figure out what features and configurations people will pick if forced to choose.

Yeah, I didnt see the whole batch of images at first.

Even mentioning 900p is super dumb from a marketing standpoint but I personally really, really, REALLY don't care as long 60fps is the tradeoff. I'll take a 900@60fps game any day of the week instead of 1080@30. But I doubt Nintendo will force publishers to put out 60fps sofware only, and I also doubt the box will be limited to 900p when even the Wii U isn't.

Can't read too much on this without enough information, for now it's just a meaningless number.

I want to think the 900p thing is more of an average of what the console will output, considering the diferent games with different config you can find outthere. The wording doesnt seem to imply thaat so I am most lileky wrong

cmChimera

Guys the survey is hypothetical. I need y'all to think a little bit before freaking out about inaccuracies in it. It's not meant to be accurate. It's meant to gauge interest in hypotheticals.

DrWong

The images from the rest of the survey proves that it's just speculating hypothetical features for the Nintendo NX (so no, they don't have any insider information):

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

[IMG ] http://i.imgur.com/J6GCIAc.jpg [/IMG]

url]

url]
Look at all of those sheets GAF! It can only be true then, right? :] (ok, I stop here).

MADGAME

The "What's in the box" section doesn't list a power cable. Tongue in cheek, the will sell without one on the premise that there enough in the wild a la NN3DS.

beril

The OP really needs to be updated to stop new people coming in and talking about 900p (as if it wasn't obvious enough that it was just fake info from that alone)

skelekey

I was was so certain that whatever they were cooking up with this thing, it would trounce the PS4 in power. I guess I was wrong.

Edit: So this is BS? Forget what I said.

Ansatz

I personally believe Nintendo subjected themselves to this by talking about NX a year ago giving tiny hints and then dropping the discussion.

They told us it's real and gave it a name. That's the perfect climate for rumors, "leaks" and predictions. If they provided a steady stream of details (such that people would expect articles sourced by Nintendo) or talked about it later on (less time for speculation), they could have reduced much of the FUD.

This is exactly what happens if you are about to launch a console without 3rd parties leaking stuff, Nintendo prefers radio silence. In the past when Nintendo reached out to 3rd parties for launch support that's when leaks were about to occur and thus Nintendo preemtively announced the hardware.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The survey talks about a PS4 with no disc-drive and a 1TB HDD for 499$.

This was not ordered by Nintendo, this is not based on any fact at all.

Close it down.

Every time NX info tries to go anywhere it immediately crashes into a brick wall and explodes into a million little pieces. Maybe you guys should be patient and wait until official information comes out.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Again, just for curiosity, I want to know from those who have access to the survey if this tidbit was actually cropped out of the first, leaked page

On the cropped bit at the bottom:

"Using the criteria listed by bullet points above, please pick out the rumours you might have heard on the Internet about the NX"

I'd really love to know that. If anyone can ask to Emily herself (can't do that now), it'd be fantastic.

I will say that, as far as I know, the survey's real.

Whether it represents Nintendo or represents a finished product, I have no idea. Surveys sometimes fuck around with details so as not to release real information or even to tell if the person is paying attention. Another possibility is that this isn't Nintendo releasing a survey, but a third party trying to gauge interest to see if it would be worth pursuing.

The survey talks about a PS4 with no disc-drive and a 1TB HDD for 499$.

This was not ordered by Nintendo, this is not based on any fact at all.

Close it down.

Who commissions these marketing surveys? I'd assume Nintendo would benefit from seeing the results so I don't think it's fair to definitively say Nintendo is not involved.

Rodin

The CPU is weaker and the GPU would lose in gflop benches, but its a much improved architecture and feature set. Obviously it has a lot more memory as well.

More like the CPU is weaker at some tasks and better at others, the GPU is from a much more modern AMD GPU family so comparing flops 1:1 is pointless (but it's known and obvious that it can do more and more efficiently), has 2x the RAM available for games and 4x total, 3x the eDRAM which is on die (360 eDRAM isn't) and 3x the L2 Cache (1MB vs 3MB).

Back on topic, thanks again to NPD_Mulcair for debunking and posting that survey (and to Emily Rogers too, she posted it on twitter), hopefully people will chill now.

Again, just for curiosity, I want to know from those who have access to the survey if this tidbit was actually cropped out of the first, leaked page

I'd really love to know that. If anyone can ask to Emily herself (can't do that now), it'd be fantastic.

mpl pls... i thought you don't skip posts
err, I haven't got a clue what was cropped at the bottom of the survey. I just thought it was pertinent to point out that a large piece of information was handily missing...

The poster who said that clarified a few pages ago that they were joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom