• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sad part is is that we don't even know if Sony will bring it over. If it weren't for Atlus we would've never got DeS1. We'll probably have to buy japanese PS4s and learn all about sticky white stuff in a language we dont understand.

If all else fails, Sony will publish it directly. There's no reason they won't. The series is a hit. Everybody who owned a 360 and got into Dark Souls, only to jump ship to PS4 will be aware of the game.

the sad part is is that we don't even know if Sony will bring it over. If it weren't for Atlus we would've never got DeS1. We'll probably have to buy japanese PS4s and learn all about sticky white stuff in a language we dont understand.
I think Sony probably caught on to the fact that the Souls games are big sellers by now.

Eusis

The true next generation starts here!

Man, this is looking great especially with some of those posts further making it sound like it's for real. Teasing back for about a year god damn.

Demon's has always been my one true love... Look, to me, there seems something more special about this game. Miyazaki, a new generation, Sony and their full support (if that's the case), and a bunch of years of experience developing the past three games. I'm infinitely more excited about this than I was DS2...

That's just me though.

M.D

No, even more clear. Maybe it was mentioned in my recent next-gen Souls thread, I'll have a look.

That must be it, not as clear as I thought, never mind, thanks.

I think I may remember something similar to what you said, but I can't find it in his post history

KORNdoggy

PS4's are region free. PS3 was region free (i imported demon's souls 1 and it was all in english) sony never published it here because they didn't believe it would be successful enough. They've since realised it was a mistake since it's theoretically lost them 2 exclusives (i assume FROM would have released a demon's 2/3 rather then a dark souls 1/2.

BadWolf

Sounds more like it was supposed to be revealed at TGS 2013 which would make E3 the next logical place to show it if it got pushed back

Given that it was ready to reveal last year, wonder how close we are to release.

If this year then that would totally screw up my plans for when to get a PS4.

HORRORSHØW

gC7k030.gif

What surprises me the most is that, at the time, no one got it. We slippin', GAF.
i think everyone just shrugged it off as Shadow of the Beast hints.

gioGAF

Lol, no way. Sony knows they fucked up with Demon's Souls, no way they are repeating that mistake. This game will be sold worldwide.

RoKKeR

What kind of weight does a game like this have as a system seller? Does it break outside of the hardcore crowd or is the general awareness about the Souls series much wider now?

Hexa

They're even localizing Vita JRPGs where the prequel never came over.
I think its pretty clear that Yosp regrets what happened with Demon Souls, and has made it current policy that for first party games to localize EVERYTHING!

Afrodium

Banned

The western fanbase for a game like this Is much larger than it was pre-Demon's Souls, mainly because of the western release of Demon's Souls. This will not need to be imported. No way.

Shengar

It wasnt' Japan Exclusive. More like, Asia Exclusive with complete translated menu and item description for the Asian version until Atlus decided to picked it up.

LuuKyK

Um no... that is not what I'm talking about.. Keep going. You'll see it.

Keep going? Really? Why don't you open up a walkthrough of the game on youtube yourself and take a screenshot of said part of the game you find so similar. I mean, you seem so invested in proving everyone here to be wrong...

Eusis

What kind of weight does a game like this have as a system seller? Does it break outside of the hardcore crowd or is the general awareness about the Souls series much wider now?
Honestly it's probably mainly confined to the hardcore, but Dark Souls is a million seller and it can be a vital wedge.

Demon's has always been my one true love... Look, to me, there seems something more special about this game. Miyazaki, a new generation, Sony and their full support (if that's the case), and a bunch of years of experience developing the past three games. I'm infinitely more excited about this than I was DS2...

That's just me though.

I'm with you here. More excited for this than for Dark Souls 2. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Sony already admitted that it was a big mistake that they bring over Demon's Souls. So, this will be a lock.

Assuming this isn't a joke post but,

Shu Yoshida is a big Souls fan and he knows how excited people are for it in the west. There will most likely be an E3 reveal and a worldwide release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom