• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/unused-content#toc10

Remember the broken 6th archstone?
These guys sure looks like beasts to me.
XzB0eTi.png

go26Rml.png

r7kHJlI.png

6AjDk7W.png

the sad part is is that we don't even know if they'll bring it over. If it weren't for Atlus we would've never got DeS1. We'll probably have to buy japanese PS4s and learn all about sticky white stuff in a language we dont understand.

It'll be localized unless Sony is the stupidest company known to man.

They managed to basically tell From to fuck off by not localizing Demon's, waited until Bamco (and Atlus) spent the money they should have to make the Souls series famous outside of niche, then went back like "lol j/k guys time for Demon's 2" in order to ride the cash cow...and got away with it as From went "OK Sony" and now all the hype (and possible sequels) may be in this franchise instead of the Souls name (screwing Scamco out of trying to take the IP in the process).

They had damn well better publish this in every country From tells their asses to, IMO.

The_Monk

Um no... that is not what I'm talking about.. Keep going. You'll see it.

No offence fellow GAFfer but you should just stop it. You either post something to try and prove your point a little more clearly or stop talking in circles. It adds nothing to the discussion and it's a bit pointless if I may say.

Amir0x

Banned
even the rendering style looks totally different. i don't know what he is getting at honestly

It's just the customary downplaying time, ignore it. It looks so far beyond what we had before both stylistically and technically (caveat: considering we don't know the framerate or resolution it runs at yet, anyway, you can still tell some of the effects and geometry in play smashes what we had before) that it's honestly not even worth weighing such an opinion.

jayu26

Well, the idea of hype, I guess? Why get the last gen game when you know a next gen title is coming? You know, like how people lamented at the fact Dark Souls II didn't even have a current gen version and thought it would suffer. Maybe oversaturation?

But that would perhaps apply to the mainstream, and these types of games From has had a pedigree in making for nearly 20 years have often been out of the mainstream. Just an idea. :p

I know Demon and first Dark Souls were slow burner sale wise, but I think Dark Souls 2 (as far as PS360 are concerned) is not going to enjoy that slow burn. It might have mattered last year, when Dark Souls 2 was not out, but this year it should not matter.

Kane1345

I agree that it would've been a huge surprise at E3 with plenty of people left open mouthed and GAF breaking but this being leaked now could also be a good thing for Sony. If they don't confirm this before E3 (doubt they will) it would generate so much hype for the conference during these coming weeks just for the trailer :)

GameSeeker

Next Resident Evil looks very different than this, I'm sure.

This leak is essentially real. From faint memory, this looks like captures from something a couple months ago, and the working title is correct also. Why on a Saturday I'm confused.

In Verendus I trust.

The early leak kills part of the E3 surprise, but with an excellent trailer Sony & From can set the Internet on fire.

LuuKyK

So it must be Bloodborne then, if the game was 1st on the list.

Not really, if the game has Beast in its name it still could be the first of that list for all we know. I mean, its starts with B and everything...

Unless you are making a joke with your post and I didn't notice.

No, Sony has no reason to 'fight' CoD, and I really doubt they wanted this leaked. This would be a death blow at E3.

Exactly. I can't imagine what would happen if this was an actual surprise at E3. Gaf would probably die immediately
(if it wasn't dead already lol)

It's not so much a surprise for me as all the Sony leakers have been echoing this rumour for ages now (sorry Famitsu, 10% probability of being true lolol), but to actually see it... what a difference that makes in the mind's eye. That dog demon is horrifying, and the stylistic approach with the shotgun weaponry? The possibilities are now endless. Maybe we can get a game with an actual legit lighting engine this time as well, no BS.

The most exciting part of this is how it could change the weapons, gear, environments, enemies, etc. We get a ton of medieval fantasy/dark fantasy aesthetics in gaming, but this looks much more interesting.

Hexa

So it must be Bloodborne then, if the game was 1st on the list.

He said it starts with "The". So it could be "The Bloodborne". But I think it's more likely that it's something starting with The Beast" as that would still come before Bloodborne alphabetically, such as "The Beast's Soul" or "The Beast's Mouth".

It's just the customary downplaying time, ignore it. It looks so far beyond what we had before both stylistically and technically (caveat: considering we don't know the framerate or resolution it runs at yet, anyway, you can still tell some of the effects and geometry in play smashes what we had before) that it's honestly not even worth weighing such an opinion.

yea you are absolutely right. time to ignore his posts

Mr. RPG

No offence fellow GAFfer but you should just stop it. You either post something to try and prove your point a little more clearly or stop talking in circles. It adds nothing to the discussion and it's a bit pointless if I may say.

It's sad that I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on things here then. I'm sorry that my opinion does not conform to yours. I've learned not to be disappointed when something is "teased" or "rumored".

I agree that it would've been a huge surprise at E3 with plenty of people left open mouthed and GAF breaking but this being leaked now could also be a good thing for Sony. If they don't confirm this before E3 (doubt they will) it would generate so much hype for the conference during these coming weeks just for the trailer :)

On the other hand, if this is not shown at E3, people will hunt down and murder Shu! :(

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Fuck. Yes.

That's one hell of an awesome exclusive for core gamers. I hope not everything from E3 leaks though. Surprises are the best part!

SRTtoZ

I've been holding off buying DS2 because ive been so engrossed into FF14 but I think its time to pull the trigger to keep the hype going.

Verendus

Banned
I'm sure some sensible people would consider this a waste of time (but fuck you people because who cares what you think really), but I think some developers with a little free time should create an elaborate 'leak' which is basically a complete lie. Just to light a frenzy over something which doesn't exist. It would be like finally evolving from Saiyan to Super Saiyan. That kind of feeling.

Shengar

It'll be localized unless Sony is the stupidest company known to man.

They managed to basically tell From to fuck off by not localizing Demon's, waited until Bamco spent the money rhey should have to make the Souls series famous outside of niche, then went back like "lol j/k guys time for Demon's 2" in order to ride the cash cow...and got away with it as From went "OK Sony" and now all the hype (and possible sequels) may be in this franchise instead of the Souls name (screwing Scamco out of trying to take the IP in the process).

They had damn well better publish this in every country From tells their asses to, IMO.

Not really fuck off since SCEAsia actually localized them albeit with weird translation for Asia. But it's true that other part of SCE lack of faith and Atlus take advantage of that and releasing on USA. SCEJ is benevolent enough to let FromSoft handle and probably own the main assets of the game, which ultimately lead them to Dark Souls. Do remember that Bamco only publish Dark Souls on worldwide market, as FromSoft release them independently in Japan so the actual IP and Assets are still theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom