• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlot

Banned
Neo better have optical out. I use optical to output to my headphones

I use one of these
41SjyDEwxnL._SY300_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GFYKB2Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

onQ123

PS4 is $349 with a game & this slim seems to come without a game so I'm thinking that they will be going for a $199 - $249

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I thought we had confirmed that this is fake. Wasn't there a user name with the word 'fake' in it attached to one of the pics? How come we're believing it's real again?

The fake thing was the advert poster with the God Of War game case.

Not that this been 100% confirmed as legit, we didn't saw the system powered up it, but everything points to it being true.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I thought we had confirmed that this is fake. Wasn't there a user name with the word 'fake' in it attached to one of the pics? How come we're believing it's real again?

That was a completely different Twitter account that makes fake mock-ups. I don't know what makes people think it's real vs. fake (probably because there are lots of pics?), but I'm pretty sure that one image was unrelated.

Rellik

GAF I think I may be starting to see things in the slim pictures.

I cropped the side view image that seems to show the square, triangle, circle and X symbols but my eyes see a optical port in the square and possibly another port in the circle!

j9Yb.jpg

Officially gone nuts...two and half more weeks to go.

That circle looks weird.

Stranya

I cropped the side view image that seems to show the square, triangle, circle and X symbols but my eyes see a optical port in the square and possibly another port in the circle!

j9Yb.jpg

That does look like a optical port.

I don't really see how this is even all that relevant to people buying 4K TVs and wanting a UHD Blu-Ray player though. Are we implying that only people who buy the most expensive 4K televisions will want to watch 4K blu rays?
Currently, it sounds like UHD Blu ray players don't handle converting HDR playback to non HDR sets very well so you kinda need a compatible HDR set for now which means you gotta pay more.

I don't understand the deluge of posts saying "I'll wait till 4k is affordable". It's affordable now, dogs. Seriously, there are more 4k tv models being produced than 1080p, and the price you would have paid last year for a 1080p is now available in 4k for the same price and size.

Affordable HDR 4k with low input lag (so basically oled panels) are well out of most people's price ranges.

Most 2016 HDR panels are up to 64ms of lag. yuk.

j9Yb.jpg

square is not an optical port lol. And i think that circle lost its piece lol.

Norci7

j9Yb.jpg

Vertical stand support maybe?

I'll go with $250. The PS4 is nearly three years old and has currently only dropped by $50, which is crazy for a console. That price would also make the Neo look "premium" at a $400 price, which is also a price that Sony knows works well for consumers.

DieH@rd

Banned

j9Yb.jpg

latest

j9Yb.jpg

Ok i figured it out. The rectangle is nothing. And for the circle being weird... it's the reflection of the flash !

Elios83

j9Yb.jpg

Emmm no those are the Playstation buttons engraved :D

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I see Sony is sticking to the "it gets worse" remodel design approach they did with the PS3.

Who's starting the petition.org for a PS4 as ugly as this fucker:
PS3-Super-Slim-top-loading-drive.jpg

Skux

Fake.

The PS controller symbols on the bottom are a nice touch but Sony wouldn't needlessly waste money like that.

Is Vizio a name brand? I'm not trolling I swear, I just always thought of them as not name brand. Good find none the less.

Yes they are name brand, and this is an even better deal:

https://www.vizio.com/e55ud2.html

From Slickdeals:

Vizio is having a sale on their website for the new 55" 4k TV with SmartCast. The sale is for $499.99.
If you sign up for their newsletter, you will get an additional 5% off which brings the price down to $474.99.

http://slickdeals.net/f/9032139-all...-hd-home-theater-display-474-99?src=catpagev2

MazeHaze

Banned
Affordable HDR 4k with low input lag (so basically oled panels) are well out of most people's price ranges.

Most 2016 HDR panels are up to 64ms of lag. yuk.

But there are currently very good HDR 4k tvs with ~20ms input lag in the 1000 dollar price range, I'm sure you'll see some nice price cuts for black friday that drop some of those down into impulse purchase territory.

Primeau31

Fake.

The PS controller symbols on the bottom are a nice touch but Sony wouldn't needlessly waste money like that.

its literally been shown sitting next to a standard PS4 and in it's packaging out of the box. what more proof do you need?

or is this sarcasm

LordofPwn

im not super uptodate on these but mostly its good to get a 4K with HDR correct?

correct.

The specs for UHD and HDR have just recently been "finalized" i believe so 4K/UHD TVs from even last year may not properly handle the latest specs. its been dumb and confusing.

Also fun fact HDR is only 10bit, Dolby HDR supports up to 12bit color, and i cant remember the last time i had a computer monitor that wasn't 10-bit, and i also cant find a color grading monitor that supports 12bit output.

Kudo

I see Sony is sticking to the "it gets worse" remodel design approach they did with the PS3.

Who's starting the petition.org for a PS4 as ugly as this fucker:
PS3-Super-Slim-top-loading-drive.jpg

This looked fine until you put it in vertical mode.
As right-handed person it is pure nightmare to try insert disc in it with your left-hand in tight place.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Man if this guy would just do a video powering it up and confirming UHD or not and stick it on youtube. Advertising would probably pay it off lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom