• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

Hmm wow.

That's a lot of major titles to skip. Is really weird. Can they possibly have enough stuff to make up for it?

Quantum Break though, that game just seems to drift on by. Wondering about that one.

Trago

If this E3 is first party focused for Microsoft, then what the heck else are we supposed to look forward to? Now I'm really interested to tune in and see what they'll show now.

shanew21

It's not like they're moving those games out and replacing them with nothing. They almost definitely have unannounced stuff to fill those gaps.

I don't know why everybody automatically jumps to the worst possible conclusion here. Phil and team have been saying for months that they have too much to show in 90 minutes.

Hatchtag

Banned
There's not a single other exclusive announced for their system I'm interested in. That's a major bummer. Hopefully they have some big announcements.

So they must have a ton of new stuff? Which is weird since all of those games last E3 were just CG announcement trailers, that were clearly not ready to be shown off. Really bizarre if Scalebound and Crackdown have 0 presence at the show.

so how long with the CoD gameplay demo be this long guys? Safe bet is 10 minutes, but I think they can push it to 15 if they show off the moneyhatted timed exclusive DLC they have in lieu of exclusive games they announced a year ago.

Aw, I was looking forward to Crackdown. Plus, with some of the biggest third party stuff now on Playstation (or being shown on their publisher's own stage), that leave a lot of space on Microsoft's stage. Yet they still felt the need to brush off three huge games.

Either we're in for 30 minute demos of Tomb Raider & Halo, or they have a really dense first party lineup to announce.

Expected first party games-
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza 6
Fable Legends
Gears of War HD-er
Cuphead & other indies
Rare's new thing
Battletoads (I'm assuming this is Twisted Pixel's project)

Third party stuff that hasn't jumped ship to Sony, or from a publisher with their own conference-
Metal Gear Solid V (has shown on both stages before, kind of a toss up)
Mad Max (was revealed at Sony - so also unsure)
Plants v Zombies GW2
Homefront: The Revolution
Guitar Hero Live
Rock Band 4

Curious what we're in for.

so how long with the CoD gameplay demo be this long guys? Safe bet is 10 minutes, but I think they can push it to 15 if they show off the moneyhatted timed exclusive DLC they have in lieu of exclusive games they announced a year ago.

CoD is now being co-marketed with Sony. So the big demo will probably be on their stage.

Kinsella

Banned
Well Microsoft probably got lot to show this year. Gonna be great E3 and amazing Gamescom.

E3 will most likely focus on stuff actually releasing this year. It's incredibly smart to do. Especially when you have what they have for the final 4 months of the year.

sam777

In a way I am disappointed that there is no Scalebound but on the flip side Gamescom is only two months away plus it hopefully means MS have a lot to show at E3.

thats fine makes things interesting since its stuff we heard about last year, I don't mind seeing the gameplay at gamescom.

Now im really interested what MS has to show cause i honestly don't care to much about the third party stuff I'm anticipating their first party games.

MLCodest

If they're confident enough to move three pretty big games to Gamescom they must have something planned. Whether what they have planned is good or not is a different issue in it's own right. Regardless this makes me more hype because that means there is a lot of questions regarding Monday.

NotLiquid

tumblr_n6zrqi1k8n1qhugxq32.gif

Also is it just me or is it starting to get tiring of developers using "-x- is only the beginning" since it is always used to mean "that's all folks".

hal9001

Banned
Well kind of obvious Microsoft would do this. With Sony set to announce The Last guardian they know there would be no way to win E3. So instead they focus their energies on gamescom.

Randomizer

This is a good thing!

I'm excited to see all the new game announcements. I watch E3 mainly for new games, not ones already revealed.
They could've at least shown a 2 minute trailer for each and maybe have on the floor demos. You already know they will devote 15 min a pop for on-stage demos for the next COD and some typical Ubisoft crap.

VinFTW

Saving this for when blops3 demo is at Sonys conference and we can all laugh at you <3

Hmm Gears wont be there either correct?

Thats a big chuck of their first party studios.
All 3 of these games aren't being developed by first party studios anyways, not to mention it's pretty likely a gears game is getting announced at e3.

Floody

That's disappointing, I was only really wanting to see Guerrilla Game's Horizon, and Scalebound gameplay. Please don't also disappoint Sony.

jaina

If the games are shown at Gamescom, it's more likely a conscious decision to split the line up. Gotta wait 2 more months for Scalebound info :(

The only positive about this is maybe MS will give Scalebound some major stage presence at GC. If that's the case, I guess the wait will be worth it. But damn...I really wish they would have announced it was skipping E3 earlier.

So for headliners, MS has

E3 2015: Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Forza Motosports 6

Gamescom 2015: Crackdown, Scalebound, and Quantum Break

Dunno about you guys, but that sounds like a good spread. 3 main foundational pieces, 3rd party support, indie games, new IPs. If both conferences have that layout, there will be something for everyone.

I'm definitely interested in what MS has planned now. Monday, come quickly.

Bousf

So it's official MS's conference will give Halo 5 and RotTR 30 minutes each. Rest will go for Windows 10 and VR!!

Nah, seriously, I really hope they have enough flesh to perform at least decently at E3. They are definitely aiming at the Gamespot spotlight taking advantage of Sony's absence (smart move) but they better have enough meat to satisfy fans at E3. Roll them new IPs in, Microsoft, or go home!
until Gamescom

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Slighly worried now. Only because we already know Hololense is making an appearance. Windows 10 is almost certain to make a showing and Oculus if I had to make an educated guess.

If their whole conference is that plus Halo/Gears/Forza then.....meh.

I'll do my best to keep cautiously optimistic as opposed to pre-emptively disappointed.

zero86r

People in here getting discouraged, I'm the exact opposite...they've got to have a good amount of new announces for E3.

This. They surely have something of interest to reveal at E3, and even if they somehow screw it up its not as if those games are disappearing off the face of the earth.

blakep267

So that's for E3
Rare
Halo 5
Forza 6
PVZ
Tomb raider

QB, Scaleboubd,Crackdown for Gamescom

You better bring some more bonbs to E3 Phil. It was supposed to be mainly first party or did that promise fly out the door

Saving this for when blops3 demo is at Sonys conference and we can all laugh at you <3

Well hell, what are they even going to do now, Windows 10 and VR demos for 40 minutes??? CG trailers for games not coming out til 2017??? Play through the entirety of Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Kouriozan

Honestly, all the game I look forward seems to skip this E3, it's so depressing.
Zelda, Scalebound, FF XV and probably others.

Top Bottom