• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

Dam, was looking forward to see some game play, hype deflated... So what can we expect to see then?

Halo 5, Gears, Tomb Raider, Forza, Fable Legends and perhaps something new from Rare? Maybe that Joe Montana thing?

Actually that's quite a bit... If they showed off 10 minutes of each of those then that'd be like an hour right there.

Seeing as Windows 10 is also a relaunch of sorts for XB1, E3 still has to be viewed as a serious part of the effort of regaining gamers and non- core consumers. Since they're skipping what will surely be 3 of their most amazing titles, it makes the possibility of what they chose to keep in the show all the more interesting. They will want to stun...since Windows 10 incorporates features that are all about highlighting the best parts of XB1

Loudninja

Dam, was looking forward to see some game play, hype deflated... So what can we expect to see then?

Halo 5, Gears, Tomb Raider, Forza, Fable Legends and perhaps something new from Rare? Maybe that Joe Montana thing?

Actually that's quite a bit... If they showed off 10 minutes of each of those then that'd be like an hour right there.
Plants VS Zombies 2.

Synth

From who though? Who else do they got besides Rare? Thats all I can think of.

Why would this be an issue though?

Killer Instinct 2013 wasn't by any of their internal teams..
Ryse wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Crimson Dragon wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Dead Rising wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Forza Horizon 2 wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Dance Central wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Halo MCC was technically not by any of their internal teams lol.

then there's Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown etc. It's never been an issue.

Rembrandt

Banned
That sucks. Really curious to see how their conference is gonna be this year then. Must have some big things up their sleeves or have tons of demos. Hyped either way, especially for Gamescom.

Guess they're going to have a pretty massive Gamescom.

I wonder what they have for E3 that forced them to push these games to Gamescom. Must have some reasonably big announcements to make.

Makes sense to me.

E3 to focus on their titles coming out in the fall plus maybe a few surprise announcements.

Gamescom for titles we know won't be coming until at least 2016 or later plus probably recap what's coming out in fall.

Well shit. I wanted to see Scalebound so badly.. Im kind of bummed now. Hope their conference has some interesting games still (Ori last year was the best game).

Also i wonder about Scalebound's release date since its real reveal (those CGs at E3 2014 were pathetic now that we have seen what they have produced so far: itsfuckingnothing.gif) will only be later this year. The original leak said early 2016 right? It probably will be summer at the earliest (hopefully Microsoft will give Platinum the time to deliver a great game) given how things are going. Oh well, early 2016 already has too many amazing games already anyway.

Salty Hippo

I find it hilarious how some people think this is reason not to watch the conference. E3 is and has always been about new announcements, that is why people get hyped and sit down to watch these long ass briefings.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
God is dead.

JoshHood

Weird that they even said this. Why not just show whatever you were going to show anyway, then follow up with 'oh that'll be at Gamescom' if people ask after about specific games. Just seems like a sure way to kill hype.

Anyway guys, don't panic - Gamescom is less than two months away, and these games aren't even out until next year!

Boke1879

Guess they're going to have a pretty massive Gamescom.

I wonder what they have for E3 that forced them to push these games to Gamescom. Must have some reasonably big announcements to make.

I'm gonna say we'll get Halo, Gears remaster plus the new Gears trailer, Forza, Tomb Raider demo and maybe 2 surprise announcements. Then add in windows 10 talk, indie sizzle reel, Future of xbox talk.

Euron

I didn't expect Crackdown so soon but no Scalebound?!?! That's a game of show caliber game. There better be a huge blowout on Rare's new title and something a little more substantial than a CGI teaser for Gears 4.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I find it hilarious how some people think this is reason not to watch the conference. E3 is and has always been about new announcements, that is why people get hyped and sit down to watch these long ass briefings.

It's not just "new announcements", it's also revisiting stuff they already announced.
We know nothing of Scalebound and Crackdown outside of CG trailers and concept art. This would have been the perfect opportunity to show gameplay. NOPE! CAN'T HAVE THAT! HOW ABOUT MORE CGI TRAILERS?!

jayu26

weatherman

"and that's why you don't have E3 and Gamescom so close together"

I always got the feeling some of that stuff (crackdown in particular) was announced way too early in the first place. It felt like MS just threw together a bunch of CG trailers of stuff that was either super early in development or just starting development. Maybe they need a couple extra months of cooking before being ready to show. Hopefully this doesn't mean that MS' answer ism just to show more CG trailers of stuff that is 2+ years away.

30+ mins demo for Halo 5.

20+ mins demo for The Division.

20+ mins demo for Tomb Raider.

30 mins demo for VR.

20 mins of random CG announcement trailers/"gameplay" snippets.

This is all going to be totally wrong.

Top Bottom