• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seller of Durango devkit says Durango info is old, compares to Orbis better

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

Yeah. It's not even E3 yet and people are going nuts. That kind of garbage should stay on Twitter.

im more annoyed by the flood of kaz gifs to be honest. don't understand how some people really admires him that much.

but yeah, this past week has been carnival of crazies for well thought out rumors

Reiko

Banned
lol why is there so much damage control for the Durango. I swear every week there is a new thing that comes up to defend the honour of the unreleased console. Whether it be secret sauce or outdated devkits and so on. Everyone just needs to relax. All will become clear soon. All will have their moment in the spotlight. All will have their own threads with funny and extremely disturbing gifs. All will have pros in some ways and all will come up with some cons. This isn't directed to anyone really in particular but there just seems to be all these lines being drawn by various entities whether they be insiders or on twitter or websites where if one for some reason doesn't like or agree what the other has said, they'll contradict it with nothing but more vague statements that may or may not be true, or may not be as significant as the implication they carry.

Breathe internet. Breathe. It's a long goddamn year.

/personal observation and rant

It's the pre E3 spec war. This stuff happened in 2005. And the gen before that. It's nothing new.

The "Derp." makes me feel very confident in this information. Clearly this man is professional and trustworthy.

(It would probably be good for everyone if he's right, though.)

lol why is there so much damage control for the Durango. I swear every week there is a new thing that comes up to defend the honour of the unreleased console. Whether it be secret sauce or outdated devkits and so on. Everyone just needs to relax. All will become clear soon. All will have their moment in the spotlight. All will have their own threads with funny and extremely disturbing gifs. All will have pros in some ways and all will come up with some cons. This isn't directed to anyone really in particular but there just seems to be all these lines being drawn by various entities whether they be insiders or on twitter or websites where if one for some reason doesn't like or agree what the other has said, they'll contradict it with nothing but more vague statements that may or may not be true, or may not be as significant as the implication they carry.

This is a speculation console war breh. This is tradition.

Reiko

Banned
im more annoyed by the flood of kaz gifs to be honest. don't understand how some people really admires him that much.

but yeah, this past week has been carnival of crazies for well thought out rumors

There should be Ken Kutaragi gifs.

He is the father of Playstation afterall.

image.php

You did it once again.

Zeal

Banned

It's just because we have never had two consoles so close in design and power, and EVERYONE is biased to one side or the other, so people are going to race to defend their respective "home base" as it were. Take a guess who's side I'm on.

But honestly, everyone is biased whether they say it or not. Without exception.

And honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. Creates good competition and keeps things lively.

Also combined with the fact that now we're getting more news a lot earlier it seems like everyone is blowing their loads too soon. Does everyone have enough semen for the year? You need to cover the spread people!

With semen.

Mxrz

I'm still confused as to how you can sell a dev kit, and not end up in a whole heap of legal trouble. Aren't they carefully licensed out?

Zeal

Banned
Also combined with the fact that now we're getting more news a lot earlier it seems like everyone is blowing their loads too soon. Does everyone have enough semen for the year? You need to cover the spread people!

With semen.

How come every console war discussion ends with the talk of blowing loads, wizard cocks, girth references, and more.....cock comparisons.

NeoGAF doesn't care what you believe in. Only that you believe in something.

Seriously, put this quote under the NeoGAF banner.

The Kaz gifs are awesome!

It's the start of a new console generation and things are only going to get more crazy from this point on. Just grab your balls, hold on tight and enjoy the madness.

Reiko

Banned
The Kaz gifs are awesome!

It's the start of a new console generation and things are only going to get more crazy from this point on. Just grab your balls, hold on tight and enjoy the madness.

The best Kaz GIFs are the Jack Nicholson one and the infamous NeoGAF guy wearing a hat one.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Doubt it, there won't be that much of a change for the final model.

All the specs currently known are rumors other than general information such as it's AMD. Unless you have some evidence to back up your comments I don't see how you're helping the situation....

Why hasn't anyone come out yet saying the same thing?

Why hasn't Digital Foundry stated otherwise?

Anyone in the known is under NDA so they aren't going to risk their jobs and the people giving out information are just spreading rumors to stir up the community.

Zeal

Banned
Still wish someone would Kazify my Chief avatar :(

You know what to do, dem Kaz eyes in the visor. Talk about blasphemous.

USC-fan

Banned
wow just saw the first twittier post: GAF aka the sony fanboy jackass forum is convinced Orbis is going to destroy durango in power, can you please offer a rebuttal?

Man what is with all the gaf hate lately?

The crab is great, though.

I did lol. Its pretty funny.

Ricky_R

All the specs currently known are rumors other than general information such as it's AMD. Unless you have some evidence to back up your comments I don't see how you're helping the situation....

Oh Lord... Tell me you're not the same FordGTguy from N4G.

Clock speeds and RAM can be changed relatively easily, it happened late in the 360's development.

And with the Vita too.

Anyways I think this is very plausable, because very recently devs have said Orbis is "slightly" more powerful. 50% more more flops, twice the ROPs, ect isnt slightly. I would say 10-20% would qualify for "slightly".

Persona7

Banned
Because more power definitely makes it a better system in the long run. Look at what happened to the PS3.

From what I understand, the PS3 and 360 comparison is basically a wash because the 360 has a better GPU and architecture while the PS3 has a better processor and bluray.

Reiko

Banned
wow just saw the first twittier post: GAF aka the sony fanboy jackass forum is convinced Orbis is going to destroy durango in power, can you please offer a rebuttal?

Man what is with all the gaf hate lately?

I did lol. Its pretty funny.

I think that MS console warrior is responding to the vitriol in the Microsoft new IP and Durango GPU threads. While the posts are numerous in the jabs (Hey, it's new console season!)... SonyGAF does not represent all of GAF.

And with the Vita too.

Anyways I think this is very plausable, because very recently devs have said Orbis is "slightly" more powerful. 50% more more flops, twice the ROPs, ect isnt slightly. I would say 10-20% would qualify for "slightly".

That sounds on the money.

Zeal

Banned
image.php

Most disturbing thing I have seen today.

I just realized what an awesome birthday card this image would make. Open the envelope and get hit with this thing talking to you like annoying orange.

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiidgeeee Raaaaacc--"

/heart attack.

It's more like riffing on the fake CEO Kaz twitter account that tweets awesome shit talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom