• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

Gamestop will likely do a trade-up program closer to release, so I'll wait until then. Right now they're offering $125, the same as the Xbox One. Now, if I could get $200 for the system now, I'd sell it. I have two, since I had my original PS4 and it broke during a review for a high profile game that I was under deadline, so I picked up another.

Yeah, if I could get 185-200 right now, I'd sell it.

Taker666

If they have a decent trade in deal at launch then I'll go for it..

...otherwise I'll probably wait until next year when GAME in the UK have one of their rare double value trade-in days (assuming they've not gone bankrupt by then).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am not going to be trading it in a couple of weeks before Rise of Iron comes out. I am definitely not going to be missing out on PS VR in October not to mention The Last Guardian a couple of weeks later. I will trade it in the day before launch.

But since i will likely only get around $125, i will just sell it to one of my brothers.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
I think there are many people (like me) looking to get an OG PS4 and will offer more than the trade-in - everyone here should consider the GAF BS/T thread and not get totally fleeced by Gamestop/Amazon.

roytheone

I think there are many people (like me) looking to get an OG PS4 and will offer more than the trade-in - everyone here should consider the GAF BS/T thread and not get totally fleeced by Gamestop/Amazon.

Yeah, I am looking to buy a second hand og ps4 from someone upgrading. Any tips on how to best do that? I am in the Netherlands BTW.

I'm contacting Amazon trade-in now to see if they accept consoles that have the warranty sticker removed for those of us who have serviced the inside of the system.

If so, I'll gladly take the $165 and replace with a $299 slim bundle. Hoping for a WD 2 bundle in the US for $299 instead of that UC4 one.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm going to try craigslist locally and throw in several disc games I dont play anymore and an extra controller. If someone bites at a good price, it will be a no brainer to upgrade.

14233018_10157288318830062_4869265940554559865_n.jpg

Here you are Irish gaf. For reference, 500gb's are worth 180 credit, but if you have a level 3 loyalty card, its plus 25% for pre orders.

Curufinwe

I'm not sure what I will do with my mine. My wife has her own PS4 that I could use until the Pro comes out but trading my PS4 in seems like a big hassle.

Ahh was about to post that here it is with slim also.

rd0J00V.jpg

t8xBUfj.jpg

I actually have a spare PS4. I wonder though if I'd get my by selling it.

I have a black launch (ish) and the red MGS V limited edition. I ain't parting with that for love nor money. She's a beaut, best limited edition console since the Claire Redfield dreamcast.

Actually it bums me out to see the PS4 Pro for this reason.

Mask

Not while I still have my downloaded PT on there :p

I'll likely just buy a PRO down the line, transfer my stuff across and give my old one to my sister or something!

Since I use my PS4 daily, I really can't trade it in. Vue, Netflix, Amazon... games, etc.

I'm thinking of using a local Facebook garage sale group and pairing it with a few old games I don't play anymore (Destiny, CoD) and trying to get $250 for it.

maybe a dumb question, but i'm assuming i'll be able to swap the 2tb hard drive i have installed on my og ps4 for the 1tb on the pro?

Gator86

Pro release date is trash. It's coming out after all the important holiday releases and was announced so far in advance it torpedoes ogPS4 value. Not like I can trade in my PS4 now or I'd miss all the games launching this holiday.

styl3s

I've been saving since NEO/PSVR info started coming out in like 2014-2015 so i will probably end up just giving it to my niece since she's still stuck on a 360.

dano1

A Sheep
This is so good for Sony. All the new customers buying second hand PS4s software. Every PS pro sold you can almost double the install base!!

Hawk269

When I put my money for a pre-order, the manager at my GS said they will have some trade in bonus towards the PRO, much like they did with the Xbox One when the "S" went on sale. He did not say what the value will be, but confident they will have a trade in deal. I am holding onto my PS4 since the PRO is still 2 months away and hope for the best with the trade in.

I have my old ps4 HDD gonna take my 2TB out put back the old one and trade it in

I have a 2TB HDD as well in my PS4..what I want to do is trade in my old PS4(With the original 500GB hard drive of course) save all of my save data on a USB stick and put in the 2TB drive into the new PS4 PRO, I dont mind reformatting the drive and installing everything again(Since all I really care about is the save data from the games that I play) just am not sure if the 2TB drive that I have will work with the new PS4 PRO so far no one knows if it will I assume that it will but dont want to trade anything in before knowing for sure..hopefully gamestop will have a 200 dollar trade in credit..I can sell mine on amazon probably make over that problem is sending it to someone and worrying if that person will before the 30 days say they change their mind or something is wrong with it(Even though its perfect) so would prefer doing an in store trade in

Oh boy, GS is offering $125 right now...
4.jpg

God damn it Last Guardian. This is probably going be $100 by the time Pro releases, any less and I might as well keep it.

Jimrpg

Where did you get $355 from?

On the website it says $349 plus you add your EB World trade bonus (if you're a member) on top of the $210 base trade. For e.g: $210 + 20% trade bonus = $252 trade-in. $559 - $252 = $307 for the Pro.

I'd rather put the $300 on the new NX or a new graphics card next year and keep my old PS4. The pro like a PC seems like only some games will max it out.

However, I think $250 credit is probably about right anyway... Big w are selling the PS4 new for $348.

Can't even consider until I safely transfer my (digital-only) library to the Pro, which might not happen until both new and old consoles are plugged into my TV and Pikmin are moving files over.

You can back up everything to an external drive using USB right now. That's what I did.

Pein

Banned
I think I'm just gonna give mine to my cousin, poor kid only plays black ops 2 and does it on a ps3.

reKon

Banned
I'm confident I can get 200 on CL in late October/November so I'm going to do that.

I want to play overwatch this weekend so I'm not going to sell mine yet. How generally confident are we that the $200 selling price w/ controller will stick through October?

I might do it sooner if I can get at least $240 this month. Going to be way too busy for gaming much anyways these couple of months

Can currently get £158 in game, and the staff don't think they will do any better deals nearer launch. May have to rush through the rest of deus ex and trade it in before the slim drops the OG price

Kill3r7

I want to play overwatch this weekend so I'm not going to sell mine yet. How generally confident are we that the $200 selling price w/ controller will stick through October?

I might do it sooner if I can get at least $240 this month. Going to be way too busy for gaming much anyways these couple of months

It really depends on what stores are offering. If Sony goes the MS route and tries to clear out their stock at let's say $250 with a game and extra controller then the eBay/craigslist market will crater. However odds are that you should be able to get somewhere between $150-$200 for it leading up to the Pro launch.

Top Bottom