• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

UrbanRats

Oh boy, GS is offering $125 right now...
4.jpg

God damn it Last Guardian. This is probably going be $100 by the time Pro releases, any less and I might as well keep it.

@125$ you might as well keep it, or gift it to a friend.
Or even try to sell it for 200$ online.

Trade in deals are shit? No shit. These places assume the risk for reselling your PS4 and still have to mark it up to make a profit.

wowzors

I'm still kinda surprised there was no bump in ps4 trade in value towards a pro. I would think a bump to $150 would be enough to get some people to jump ship, they would also be making a nice profit.

I know this is an old thread but I expected a trade in deal to be announced by now if it were coming.

icespide

Banned
do places like gamestop require the original HDMI cable that came with the console? I have no idea where that thing is but I have plenty of other HDMI cables laying around

Takuan

I'm still kinda surprised there was no bump in ps4 trade in value towards a pro. I would think a bump to $150 would be enough to get some people to jump ship, they would also be making a nice profit.

I know this is an old thread but I expected a trade in deal to be announced by now if it were coming.

Anecdotal, but I've heard from posters here who work in Gamestop and similar chains that Pro pre-orders are very high. There may simply not be any incentive to give more than they currently offer for regular 4's.

Sold my Xbox One today to part fund my PS4 Pro , Will sell my PS4 on the day of the PS4 Pro release , Already pre ordered from Game. Will pick up an Xbox Scorpio next year.

HeelPower

Ebgames give you 210 CAD if you are an edge member.

Damn good deal tbh,considering my controller had messed up analog sticks.

DOWN

Banned
Wait you got that much from Amazon? Anything special about your PS4 or those dual shocks?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EW6QT76/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Nope, nothing special. There is a bundle listed on Amazon you can select to trade in, but it isn't a special SKU because the extra controller comes in a separate box (I did not buy this bundle, but asked someone who did). The bundle for plain PS4 with an extra controller trades for a higher value than other options, I've found. So I traded that stuff all in.

Now I just wait for approval.

Went back and forth on whether I should get a Pro until I Sold my PS4 for $300. Granted it was the SE silver Batman branded PS4, but I'm ecstatic nonetheless

Lady Gaia

Trade-in price usually speaks to the level of demand for the used console along with price sensitivity of the used market and amount of inventory they're carrying. It has little or nothing to do with trying to move new product, though tie-in marketing can make it attractive to present it as such.

Ammogeddon

I preordered with GAME as they were doing a trade in deal but can't see it anymore. They were taking 500gb PS4s plus 5 games as trade in towards a pro for £150. Does anyone know whether they are still doing this?

Afrikan

man I might just keep my PS4...or give it to my brother down the road.

not that I'm rich or anything...but I might just pay the $399 for now...and think of what to do later.

not feeling this $125-$150 trade in. :/

SOLDIER

Going to put mine up on eBay. I'm including the HDD that comes with the Pro (already have a 2TB drive) and possibly the controller, if the front-facing light proves too bothersome. Already have a white controller I use anyway.

I feel pretty optimistic I'll get around $180-$200 for the whole thing.

Ugh, I'd be willing to sell / trade my launch PS4 and XB1 if parting with both would cover the entire cost of a PS4 Pro, but that doesn't appear to be possible from a quick perusal of the thread...

Just sent my PS4 and two DualShock 4s for $205 to amazon

Hope you have a better time with amazon trade in then I had. Up until a year ago, they were very lenient with their grading and approval and even if you had a tiny scratch it would still be accepted as like new(used them about 10-15 times over 5 years). Ever since around February or march of this year they must have changed the company who does the trade-ins. I traded in a few things and some things that were practically brand new and never used and they downgraded it all to either acceptable or returned it due to too many scratches, which didn't make sense since I take good care of my stuff. I got my things back and it was all still in good shape. I just think they didn't want to pay the gift card amount.

Did it again with some college books two months ago that I ended up not using the previous semester and one was in good shape and the other had a 1/20 of an inch scratch on the back and was packaged very well and both were downgraded to acceptable for multiple scratches. That time I took pictures and complained to amazon about it and gave me the difference and said they had a few people contact them about incorrect or questionable grading. searched around and there were people also complaining about the trade in process, even though there were some people who had a good experience so maybe it depends who the grader is.

I hope that everything works in your favor and you have better luck then I had.

Lucreto

I don't know what to do.

I have a Pro preordered on Amazon when it was price matched with Tesco so I would save €30 over the price in Ireland. I could keep my PS4 and use it in my bedroom as a Netflix player.

But I don't know if I will use it as that and Gamestop have a trade in of €195.

Hope you have a better time with amazon trade in then I had. Up until a year ago, they were very lenient with their grading and approval and even if you had a tiny scratch it would still be accepted as like new(used them about 10-15 times over 5 years). Ever since around February or march of this year they must have changed the company who does the trade-ins. I traded in a few things and some things that were practically brand new and never used and they downgraded it all to either acceptable or returned it due to too many scratches, which didn't make sense since I take good care of my stuff. I got my things back and it was all still in good shape. I just think they didn't want to pay the gift card amount.

Did it again with some college books two months ago that I ended up not using the previous semester and one was in good shape and the other had a 1/20 of an inch scratch on the back and was packaged very well and both were downgraded to acceptable for multiple scratches. That time I took pictures and complained to amazon about it and gave me the difference and said they had a few people contact them about incorrect or questionable grading. searched around and there were people also complaining about the trade in process, even though there were some people who had a good experience so maybe it depends who the grader is.

They did the same to me on an iPad and a previous PS4 I owned. I stopped dealing with them after that

DjRalford

I've already paid for my pro, but still have 2 normal ps4's too, wondering if it's worth selling both and buying a second pro.

First world problems eh

DOWN

Banned

They did the same to me on an iPad and a previous PS4 I owned. I stopped dealing with them after that
Way to get my hopes down

I've traded in lots of games and books without issues but now I'm worried

at $125 at gs right now, more than likely the highest price you'll see (and i doubt this will get there) will be $200 max, but more than likely its gonna be $150 if anything.

.... fuck that noise, gonna sell it on craiglist with a better chance of not getting stabbed in the back.

+1 made me LMAO

Dominator

Don't know if mentioned, but GameStop is giving $150 in credit and if you're a PowerUp Pro member theres a coupon you can use to get an extra $25 towards a traded in system. That coupon expires 10/30 if you have it.

I did that and got $175 which I threw on my Pro pre-order.

LowParry

Don't know if mentioned, but GameStop is giving $150 in credit and if you're a PowerUp Pro member theres a coupon you can use to get an extra $25 towards a traded in system. That coupon expires 10/30 if you have it.

I did that and got $175 which I threw on my Pro pre-order.

I'm still waiting on if they'll do the $200 trade in for a Pro. I sold one of my systems for $150 to my brother so I got my other system to trade in.

Top Bottom