• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

TalonJH

I have been planning to send mine into Amazon next week so I get my credit before they take out the money for my Pro.

The stickers in the back i assume, since i've also opened my ps4 to clean in the past.
I just listed my ps4 locally and already got a scammer + a legit buyer hah.

That doesn't sound like it would be a huge issue. I put a 2TB in my PS4 and I need to put back in the original hard drive. I'm looking at the trade-in price for the ps4 with 2 controllers and it seems like a good price. I'll give it 1 more week so I can lock in a price and then decide last minute with my pre-order.

DOWN

Banned
That doesn't sound like it would be a huge issue. I put a 2TB in my PS4 and I need to put back in the original hard drive. I'm looking at the trade-in price for the ps4 with 2 controllers and it seems like a good price. I'll give it 1 more week so I can lock in a price and then decide last minute with my pre-order.
Take pics of your system on all sides and of the serial number before sending. Even a pic showing it working on a TV if you can.

Arkeband

Banned
If I do get a Pro, I'll be doing the system link via ethernet cable to transfer all my shit, so I can't really sell my PS4 before the Pro comes out.

Also I've been having tons of luck selling my old tech on Craigslist and FB groups, you get way, WAY more money than Best Buy or Gamestop is willing to give you. $125 for a PS4 is insulting.

Way to get my hopes down

I've traded in lots of games and books without issues but now I'm worried

I hope you have no issues at all and just hope that the grader of your PS4 is not terrible. If you run into any questionable downgrading issues, Amazon customer service is usually really great and if you have any trade in problems they will most likely help you out so you don't get screwed over.

I'm going to do the LAN cable data transfer to my pro the first night I get it, and then do a deactivation and wipe on the OG PS4, and sell it to my friend's coworker.

PS4 w/2TB HDD upgrade, camera, and Uncharted blue controller for $200 is what he agreed to.

If I do get a Pro, I'll be doing the system link via ethernet cable to transfer all my shit, so I can't really sell my PS4 before the Pro comes out.

Also I've been having tons of luck selling my old tech on Craigslist and FB groups, you get way, WAY more money than Best Buy or Gamestop is willing to give you. $125 for a PS4 is insulting.
Yea I wanted to test the used market and put my PS4 on a FB group for 250$ and my post got over 500 views and I got messages from 25 different people. Most was asking if I could let it go for 200$ and others was asking for a trade.

catspit

Can I just pop out my 2TB drive from my PS4.. Sell my ps4 with the 500gb drive and then just pop in the 2TB into the new PRO.. Or is it not this easy?

Can I just pop out my 2TB drive from my PS4.. Sell my ps4 with the 500gb drive and then just pop in the 2TB into the new PRO.. Or is it not this easy?

it won't carry over your games and saves as a PS4 hard drive is locked to the system and requires a reformat when you put it into a new system, but other than that yeah it would work.

You'll want to backup your saves to the cloud and/or an external USB drive, and you can also backup the games you want to move over to the USB drive or just redownload/install them all. Last time I did it, it took like 2 hours to back everything up to an external drive and another few hours to restore everything on the new PS4.

Razgreez

Sold my PS4 on gumtree (it's the RSA version of the UK version of Craigslist) this week. Having DC withdrawal symptoms (wanted to check out The Division 1.4 as well) at the moment though and the pro is only likely launching here close to the end of December.

Patience I guess

th4tguy

Plan on doing the migration and then posting mine on EBay. I have a 1tb drive in it so I'm hoping I can get close to $200

I'm going to do the LAN cable data transfer to my pro the first night I get it, and then do a deactivation and wipe on the OG PS4, and sell it to my friend's coworker.

PS4 w/2TB HDD upgrade, camera, and Uncharted blue controller for $200 is what he agreed to.

Did Sony confirm how this will work?

Take pics of your system on all sides and of the serial number before sending. Even a pic showing it working on a TV if you can.

Thanks for the tip I will do this for sure

Freeman76

Will sell my ps4 once there are a couple of decent pro bundles to pick from. No way am i paying 350 for just the console this close to xmas, can almost guarantee SG or Shopto will cut the price by a score and add a game or two during xmas.

mingo

Managed to order one from Tescos for £299.00 and no sign of cancellation unlike a few others. Currently CEX buy a white OG PS4 for £133 and game apparently match plus 5%. So around £140.00. I have another Pro on order at Amazon for £332.00. Hoping that CEX offer silly prices for them like they did the first few days for he PSVR (they were offering £420 cash) to save a few more pounds. If they don't then will send it back to Amazon.

huh1678

Banned
Managed to sell my PS4 to someone who wanted to play BF1 locally for $190. I used an app called letgo on android , its kinda like Craigslist. I suggest trying to offload your ps4s locally before trying to trade in unless you can get a good deal.

With my PS4 sold and everything, I'm only going to gave to pay $76 out of pocket for the Pro! First console I am ever getting on day one (I know it's not technically a new console).

Darknight

Managed to sell my PS4 to someone who wanted to play BF1 locally for $190. I used an app called letgo on android , its kinda like Craigslist. I suggest trying to offload your ps4s locally before trying to trade in unless you can get a good deal.

Im thinking of doing this. I dont worry too much about getting jumped when dealing locally but more about getting fake cash.

Is that like something that happens often on CL? Maybe not but I worry about that lol.

Third Eye Clear

Neo Member
I sold my launch PS4 with an extra controller that was on its last legs for 300$ Canadian last weekend. Trade in at eb was 175$. Happy with the sale and looking forward to the PS4 pro :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My Pre order's placed !
Do it OP. No harm in having a stronger PS4, you'll have advantages even at a 1080p display.

Edit: Risky boys only!!!

FYI, you guys, you can trade in your PS4 to Amazon right now to instantly get the money via an Amazon gift card. Useful if you are ordering with them. Another plus is that you can wait a while until you actually ship it out so you can play some games on it for a while longer!

Non-risky boys:

Or you can do what DOWN suggests and wait for your payment until after they receive and appraise your item!

DOWN

Banned
FYI, you guys, you can trade in your PS4 to Amazon right now to instantly get the money via an Amazon gift card. Useful if you are ordering with them. Another plus is that you can wait a while until you actually ship it out so you can play some games on it for a while longer!
Don't do that. If they reject your item, you will be charged for the gift card they give you and you can't return it. Choose the option where they don't pay you until they accept the item

Unknown?

I plan on just selling it to my friend for cheap to help him out and take some of the blow off me. Already have $100 down on it.

Today I put down GameStop credit toward a PS Pro and soon I'll be selling my PS4 to a friend so I should only be paying $80 out of pocket. Originally I wasn't thinking about getting a Pro untill next year, but $80 for an upgrade is a really good deal.

huh1678

Banned
Im thinking of doing this. I dont worry too much about getting jumped when dealing locally but more about getting fake cash.

Is that like something that happens often on CL? Maybe not but I worry about that lol.

I have sold several items on CL before never had a problem, i almost always meet up @ a public place beside when i sold my 4k tv(nicest guy) lol.

DOWN

Banned
Amazon accepted my launch PS4 +extra controller as the bundle (I didn't buy them as a bundle)

So I got $204 for that

PRO is paid off

Mar Nosso

Banned
Sold mine on ebay for 200 pounds in early October. PS4 Pro will cost 350 pounds over here, tax already included. I think I'm pretty set! ;)

Have over $200 in GS credit, have $50 down on a pre-order, and now I'm just waiting to see if my friend actually wants to buy my PS4. If not, to GS I go with it.

Quixz

I'm trading my launch PS4 for the Pro at GAME for about £130ish. Not too bothered since I've had it for 3 years and out of warranty.

Better WiFi is worth it lol

Selling mine to a friend for £150, It's the white Destiny one. I'll throw in Black ops 3 for him aswell since iv'e never played it nor intend too. I'll be sure to format it aswell.

rawd

I'm not even bothering. Sending it to a casual gamer long time friend of mine. Shes going to a good home.

Top Bottom