• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shots fired at Police during Dallas Police anti-violence protest (5 officers killed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Quoting for emphasis multiple times on the top of page 5/3

Let's maybe wait and find out something about the shooter before we start spinning too wildly out of control regarding the reasoning here. Texas is chock full of Sovereign Citizens with long guns who specialize in ambushing police. Could be them, could be an angry protestor, could be a nutball who just wants to see the world burn.

And quit being assholes to each other before I have to intervene.

Let's maybe wait and find out something about the shooter before we start spinning too wildly out of control regarding the reasoning here. Texas is chock full of Sovereign Citizens with long guns who specialize in ambushing police. Could be them, could be an angry protestor, could be a nutball who just wants to see the world burn.

Litan

Don't tell me to shut the fuck up when this forum breeds hate against ALL police officers. Obviously black lives matter, obviously we need reform, but I shake my fucking head everytime this forum tries to pretend that if you're a police officer you're automatically a coward.
Shut the fuck up.
"Obviously"
If it's so fucking obvious, then why do people have to fight for it? Why should people, especially people of color, not complain about a broken, unfair system that has always worked against them?

Coming with your bullshit about this forum breeding hate against cops. They build hate against themselves everytime another fucked up incident is brought to the public eye, and the victim is demonized, the wrongdoing is denied and the perpetrator(s) get off scot-free.

Next time, say what you want to say, instead of a stupid passive aggressive statement with :( at the end.

Dan PatrickVerified account
‏@DanPatrick
Our thoughts and prayers are with the police officers who were shot in #Dallas tonight. Awaiting further details.

Lt. Gov of Texas issues statement on police shooting in #Dallas, confirms officers were shot

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Shut the fuck up.
"Obviously"
If it's so fucking obvious, then why do people have to fight for it? Why shouldn't people, especially people of color, not complain about a broken, unfair system that has always worked against them?

Coming with your bullshit about this forum breeding hate against cops. They build hate against themselves everytime another fucked up incident is brought to the public eye, and the victim is demonized, the wrongdoing is denied and the perpetrator(s) get off scot-free.

Next time, say what you want to say, instead of a stupid passive aggressive statement with :( at the end.

he's been banned bro just dont quote that person anymore and lets move on and hope people in dallas and dallas gaf remain safe, lets focus on the bigger picture here

shit you located near there? If i were you just take cover behind some solid surfaces because you never know, stay say fellow gaffer keep us updated so we know your alright.

I'm in city proper, but a ways from downtown. About a mile. So no worries here at least for tonight.

Volimar

There's something innately disconcerting about police hiding behind their cars.

Lanthi, you should probably read the rest of the thread before you post.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Is the hotel right around there? I wonder if the alleged shooting at the hotel was intentional or from all the bullets flying around everywhere.

akileese

In the end all that can be done is wait and see what the situation is. Even if they catch the person the true motivations may not be known for some time unless some proof can be found right away at their home or via some message left.

It certainly seems like an opportunistic shooter who saw the chance to take what was a peaceful show of solidarity between a police force and community and plunge it into total chaos.

Stay safe Dallas GAF. Living in the metroplex this is pretty much all anyone is talking about right now so I'm going to take this opportunity to get to bed early. It's just too depressing and infuriating.

Another friend traveling with a separate group is being kept in a building by police as there are shots near that side of the building.

TheFatOne

I don't agree with it, but to a lot of people out there things are already as bad as they could get. Nothing works. Nothing improves

Yea I know, but I feel like given how militarized the police force is in the U.S. it can only end one way. Badly for everyone involved. Always a fear in my mind that one incident like this is the breaking point. Where people just say enough is enough, and start actively going after police. Then, the police start to actively go against the people. Just a horrifying nightmare scenario.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
These threads always bring the racists out. And it's usually the lurkers who read threads but don't respond until there's a thread that "supports" their feelings.

That's Twitter right now, basically. The usual suspects already commenting on how this is because of Black Lives Matter.

I just hope everyone pulls through.

Jumplion

I'm honestly a bit rattled, this is the closest any of these types of shootings have ever been to me, and a few of my friends were down there, thankfully they're safe. I might have been there had I had time.

I don't know if this was someone that wanted to shoot up BLM protesters or someone who wanted to "get back" at cops, but this is just too exhausting. Less than two days, we get three major shooting events.

Effect

Ugh. This was the last thing that was needed. I hope they catch this person or persons and the officers make it. I hope people are able to get out there and make it clear these shooters do not represent the protesters, etc. If the Dallas protest was going so well between the protesters and the police that needs to be put forward as soon as possible.

A.edrerai

Banned
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

What you're stating about "Fear bring respect" is the same BS that comes from the white nationalist crowd.

It's just wrong all around. It doesn't matter who is the one saying it.

I'm sorry but yes you are part of the problem when you are not working toward a solution, there are many situtation when the law is expecting from you to do something and not be passive, to the point of getting punished when you dont do anything . As for my retoric about ''fear bringing respect '' it is what it is . For me to is not a thing which i would like to happen thats why i'm stading that there must be fast steps before it get ugly .

Before continuing the disscusion lets wait a bit if we can learn the motives behind this terrific act . Shall we ?

Guys, posting stuff coming in on scanners really isn't adding anything. There's so much chaos in the moment that most of what goes on isn't worth taking as fact.

Suspects on the 4th floor of the "el centro" building the scanner said. I out that in quotes because I couldn't make out exactly what he said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom